Why is there a Red Power Forum

sandhiller

Tony, I had a chance to ruminate on your reply of 9-12, just had a couple questions. Your guidelines seem reasonable enough, but I can see a couple places the subject can innocently derail. Regarding tractor restoration, 90% of our restoration supplies come from a well known foreign country. One or two posts from an unhappy customer could start an avalanche going in a couple different directions. What would be a good way to stop these posts when they become apparent?

Regarding current affairs, that  means different things to different people, like from a PTA meeting to Afghanistan. Could you clarify that a little?

Make the forum subscriber only? Be interesting to see what comes up the tailings elevator on that one. 

I got to thinking....there was a good ag forum by Successful Farming or Farm Journal years ago...I checked out Agriculture.com forum and you can talk politics there all you want. So, why not talk politics here? At the end of the day the regulars know we're all family.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Binderoid said:

Tony, I had a chance to ruminate on your reply of 9-12, just had a couple questions. Your guidelines seem reasonable enough, but I can see a couple places the subject can innocently derail. Regarding tractor restoration, 90% of our restoration supplies come from a well known foreign country. One or two posts from an unhappy customer could start an avalanche going in a couple different directions. What would be a good way to stop these posts when they become apparent?

Regarding current affairs, that  means different things to different people, like from a PTA meeting to Afghanistan. Could you clarify that a little?

Make the forum subscriber only? Be interesting to see what comes up the tailings elevator on that one. 

Hey Guys ,

Keep it the way it was !

No one wants to think outside the box and throw out possible solutions, try to save coffee shop ? I am not going to argue about throwing out few suggestions to the problem , don't see any other suggestions being floated all I see is the same childish whining that has ruined coffee shop. 

In life everything has a shelf life perhaps Coffee shop has  reached its; use by date.

Keep pining for the way it was and badgering the hosts who provide it free, (I am sure they do not need these headaches) and your going to whine up with SH*T and learning to suck eggs on another forum.

Start working on solutions to keep coffee shop going.

Tony 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Hey Guys ,

Keep it the way it was !

No one wants to think outside the box and throw out possible solutions, try to save coffee shop ? I am not going to argue about throwing out few suggestions to the problem , don't see any other suggestions being floated all I see is the same childish whining that has ruined coffee shop. 

In life everything has a shelf life perhaps Coffee shop has  reached its; use by date.

Keep pining for the way it was and badgering the hosts who provide it free, (I am sure they do not need these headaches) and your going to whine up with SH*T and learning to suck eggs on another forum.

Start working on solutions to keep coffee shop going.

Tony 

Tony, I am one of many who have never met you but have great respect for you.

We have had and hope to continue having a great bunch of members on this forum.

This country is enduring great changes affecting us all.

During the calm times, such forums, which consist of citizens of all walks of life, experienced tranquility.

That calm has been disturbed by none of us.

We tend to express our emotions on such places as this.

It gets heated. 

Simply whip the lawbreakers but not the entire forum.

I have endured much worse than this as have us all.

It is dividing a great group.

Unfortunate but truthful.

My bills will be paid with or without Red Power.

That is my quest.

Imo, the time out has been destructive to us all.

My dad guided me, but didn't make me feel unworthy or like a child.

And with that, allow me to say gnite.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MTO said:

Tony, I am one of many who have never met you but have great respect for you.

We have had and hope to continue having a great bunch of members on this forum.

This country is enduring great changes affecting us all.

During the calm times, such forums, which consist of citizens of all walks of life, experienced tranquility.

That calm has been disturbed by none of us.

We tend to express our emotions on such places as this.

It gets heated. 

Simply whip the lawbreakers but not the entire forum.

I have endured much worse than this as have us all.

It is dividing a great group.

Unfortunate but truthful.

My bills will be paid with or without Red Power.

That is my quest.

Imo, the time out has been destructive to us all.

My dad guided me, but didn't make me feel unworthy or like a child.

And with that, allow me to say gnite.

Mto , 

I agree with your comments above , 

i joined this forum 7/4/07 even though my profile says 2013 that came from Computor crash and Re registering , point I want to make I too have made so many friends in this group and it’s like a family . It’s a place one can go to and get understanding because we pretty much have the same personal values .

my frustration comes from wanting to save the group and trying to figure out how .

we have been told several times to back off on certain topics , I noticed that BJ let’s it go awhile before being  poofed in past . Now they are sending us a real message .

what are we going to do as a group ? Do we want it all or are we willing to give some to gain some. There has to be a way to satisfy the hosts and keep us whole .

Seems to me many commenters are like the person in the Will that is warned if they fight the will they will receive 1 dollar and no inheritance. I have seen that happen twice once it involved 160 acres yet he fought and got a dollar .

I don’t want us to be that guy ! 
let’s try to put our heads together with workable solutions and suggestions that we could take to BJ and to hosts and perhaps not loose it all. Show them that coffee shop is important enough to save .

we need our IH friends and I H prayers and IH encouragements every day especially these days . 
MTO thank you for your comments 

tony  

• Like 2

Would love to talk about how some of you are doing with the start of harvest, successes, failures, so on and so on. But since there is no coffee shop, I guess I will keep it to myself🤔.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Farmerboy72 said:

Would love to talk about how some of you are doing with the start of harvest, successes, failures, so on and so on. But since there is no coffee shop, I guess I will keep it to myself🤔.

I hear that. I was looking forward to @Sledgehammer wishing FarmallFan happy birthday today, but I guess we don’t have to worry about that either. 

Seriously though, hope it gets back to normal someday. 

• Like 4

On 9/17/2021 at 9:46 PM, Farmerboy72 said:

Earliest ever in east central MN! Started corn on 9-18-21, a solid month, month and a half early!!! 18-22% moisture, 80-110 bpa, and 2 years ago these fields did 230 bpa!! We were dry this summer, and hot!!0F4A8F63-6360-4C5B-A2D5-8E22136FF82B.thumb.jpeg.a8b74c8223f1ff28e60c7256c9bdcb57.jpeg

• Sad 1