Jump to content

Why is there a Red Power Forum


sandhiller
 Share

Recommended Posts

Personally, I would love it to""go South""   I really miss this    "'Coffee Shop "" reading..It has become part of my DNA, over the last 18 years, and if it went South, I could become part of it...again....My 'post breakfast ''   indigestion  is most unsettled

Be tough on you blokes   "'up North"'.....,,though,  like me, you would just have to ''guts it out ''.........,however, I think patience is now the name of the present game.......

....so, now to rub the salt in  to the wound......I will go back out and mount   the Johnny D....:rolleyes:....and start ''rockin'    again....

Mike

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, lightninboy said:

We got ahold of the Administration and we're getting nowhere! Are they going to be politically correct or not? Can't have the old Coffee Shop back. It's politically incorrect.

Jesus christ pick up a book to read…

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's my $0.03 for what it's worth. The Coffee Shop is my favorite forum among all the ones internet wide that I check. I check it every day sometimes more than once. I look forward to Sandhiller's, Ihirondiesel's, Troy's, vtfireman and the welder in AK (Can't find his name) daily life stories and other topics.

I have to admit that I thought about interjecting into a couple threads "Guys, you are not changing each others opinions / beliefs so let it go, drop the thread". Maybe they would have and we wouldn't be without the Coffee Shop.

I would like to request it be reinstated. I have no problem that if a thread goes off the rails, it gets removed with the title still showing with a "Removed" note. I do NOT miss the inappropriate subject / discussion threads but I really miss the rest of the Coffee Shop.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 6:49 AM, hillman said:

The Coffee Shop is  not gone , its a matter of the Admin clicking a box to hide or unhide any section of the forum . they can also make it read only on some platforms. ( I am familiar with phpBB only) They are trying to make a point and some of you guys aren't getting it . 

 just keep poking at the owners and see if that gets you what you want 🙄 

Someone asked why is there a Red Power forum. Ask yourself if it was your business would you want it represented it this manner ? ( borrowed image from FB)

IMG_20210107_230611.thumb.jpg.6426dc12fad91b665101197aa7bfc86a.jpg

There’s one thing wrong with this image. Shortly before before C.S.  got dumped, until now, I’ve been following the topics closely. What was missing in your image, was the rioting. That came later, as coffee shop regulars became regarded as infiltrators. The general IH guys want coffee shop back just to get rid of the foreigners. Now we have separatists. Canceling Coffee Shop did more damage among members than watered down politics ever did.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, sandhiller said:

Not my intent at all. 

If I was misunderstood that is on me for not being able to speak or write very well. 

What seems clear to me, may come across as mud to someone else.

Just trying to open a line of communication, 

No problem is ever solved by assumption.

I guess I should have made my queries by pm. 

 

I understand your intent, I think the letter was perfectly executed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a thought , 

  Since RPF is to support RPM  , Why not with subscription to magazine charge an additional fee to access the forum.

     The old adage you get what you pay for , may be at play here.

   Over the years we have lost so many substantial form members and in recent years Coffee shop is turning into a B.S. platform for anything. IN Last couple years I have participated  much less in Coffee shop because its the same  guys churning the same old crap. I scroll though and for most part feel its not worth replying and its sad, I love this forum and have made so many lasting friends on here over the years , Majority  don't post here anymore , still have few that I Cherish Their friendships on here but we have lost lot of IH wisdom and dedication over the last few years

I enjoy the General and the restorations board they were still pretty solid but will probably get diluted now with crap 

     The pay to play idea would separate the true fans from the B.S'ers . Or the men from the boys.  IMHO. 

     Sorry for the harshness Guys but step back from the trees to see the forest.

      Tony  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Binderoid said:

There’s one thing wrong with this image. Shortly before before C.S.  got dumped, until now, I’ve been following the topics closely. What was missing in your image, was the rioting. That came later, as coffee shop regulars became regarded as infiltrators. The general IH guys want coffee shop back just to get rid of the foreigners. Now we have separatists. Canceling Coffee Shop did more damage among members than watered down politics ever did.

I think you are over analyzing the meme - it was from a year ago referring to current events. that said as far as the current state of the forum I would say no pain no gain

6 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Just a thought , 

  Since RPF is to support RPM  , Why not with subscription to magazine charge an additional fee to access the forum.

     The old adage you get what you pay for , may be at play here.

   Over the years we have lost so many substantial form members and in recent years Coffee shop is turning into a B.S. platform for anything. IN Last couple years I have participated  much less in Coffee shop because its the same  guys churning the same old crap. I scroll though and for most part feel its not worth replying and its sad, I love this forum and have made so many lasting friends on here over the years , Majority  don't post here anymore , still have few that I Cherish Their friendships on here but we have lost lot of IH wisdom and dedication over the last few years

I enjoy the General and the restorations board they were still pretty solid but will probably get diluted now with crap 

     The pay to play idea would separate the true fans from the B.S'ers . Or the men from the boys.  IMHO. 

     Sorry for the harshness Guys but step back from the trees to see the forest.

      Tony  

Thats great Tony. I would bet most of the disturbers don't subscribe to RP and have ruined it for the rest of us. I would add to your suggestion that usernames were not permitted and the members real/full name was required to verify the subscription . That way they have to put their name on their posts and stand by them

RP magazine is a classy publication IMHO as are the Miesners .  so shouldn't the forum be classy as well ? leave the garbage where it belongs?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hillman said:

That way they have to put their name on their posts and stand by them

If you can't put your face, your reputation with your words, they aren't worth much.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hillman said:

. I would bet most of the disturbers don't subscribe to RP and have ruined it for the rest of us.

I would also bet these “disturbers” who don’t subscribe to the magazine have priceless knowledge that will soon be lost to history. Some of these “disturbers” had IH dealerships or actually built the  tractors. Some of these “disturbers” are also WWll veterans, have lived through the depression,  who are BOUND to have an opinion on the state of the United States today, what is wrong with that?  If you (that is, anybody) don’t like that kind of topics, why do you go up there just to get mad about it? The claims of unhappiness are from those who don’t want to be there anyway... “ the same old bs...” I must have missed it somehow, but If someone provides evidence that punches were thrown over any topic in Coffee Shop within the last 30 days I will apologize and say no more about it 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Binderoid said:

I would also bet these “disturbers” who don’t subscribe to the magazine have priceless knowledge that will soon be lost to history. Some of these “disturbers” had IH dealerships or actually built the  tractors. Some of these “disturbers” are also WWll veterans, have lived through the depression,  who are BOUND to have an opinion on the state of the United States today, what is wrong with that?  If you (that is, anybody) don’t like that kind of topics, why do you go up there just to get mad about it? The claims of unhappiness are from those who don’t want to be there anyway... “ the same old bs...” I must have missed it somehow, but If someone provides evidence that punches were thrown over any topic in Coffee Shop within the last 30 days I will apologize and say no more about it 

IMHO, the coffee shop is to discuss items pertinent to IH equipment, IH shows, Pulling, Parades , Encourage and embrace new collectors and restorers , Ag , Construction, and  Businesses that relate to IH and collecting and restoring,  comment on current affairs and an opportunity to encourage our fellow members with positive thoughts when they are hurting .

  However, not to RUMINATE in world and political affairs because your not going to resolve it behind a key board. No one is listening they are waiting to just shouting at each other keeping everyone in a tizzy ready to pound on the key board. I know the urge !

   We all know the world appears to be upside down  these days but marinating in the stew isn't going to do anybody any good. Best way is get to your City Council, School Board ,etc. meetings and vote to make a difference. Believe you me, that I respect all the people you mention above , but this is not the place to hold town hall meetings. 

 Respectively , Tony

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Since RPF is to support RPM  , Why not with subscription to magazine charge an additional fee to access the forum.

If RPF doesn't support free speech and competent administration, I could start a free forum on Tapatalk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

IMHO, the coffee shop is to discuss items pertinent to IH equipment, IH shows, Pulling, Parades , Encourage and embrace new collectors and restorers , Ag , Construction, and  Businesses that relate to IH and collecting and restoring,  comment on current affairs and an opportunity to encourage our fellow members with positive thoughts when they are hurting .

  However, not to RUMINATE in world and political affairs because your not going to resolve it behind a key board. No one is listening they are waiting to just shouting at each other keeping everyone in a tizzy ready to pound on the key board. I know the urge !

   We all know the world appears to be upside down  these days but marinating in the stew isn't going to do anybody any good. Best way is get to your City Council, School Board ,etc. meetings and vote to make a difference. Believe you me, that I respect all the people you mention above , but this is not the place to hold town hall meetings. 

 Respectively , Tony

Tony , after being on this forum for 18 odd years.....I found the diversity of the Coffee Shop, all embracing....this for me personally... I live in a very rural area of New Zealand...awaay from   towns.....up in the pristine hills and away from people...When I worked in the West Indies, I had paid  "holidays ""     thus I would head to Alberta, to my Brothers for Xmas, for two glorious weeks...and the high light of every day was when Brother   and self went down to the local Coffee Shop......and ""chewed the fat "" with a group of old Farmers and others...  It was totally new , to me.....and I loved the talk and   camaraderie that the scene encapsulated.....

That is how I viewed   the ""Coffee Shop"" on this fine site....however with your vision, for its future, a huge amount of that diversity   would be lost and gone forever......No AK Welder...No Troy Diary...No Dog  Thread..No Cattle   thread...No Horse/Mule thread....No Awesome picture thread... No old Ranchers getting chewed up by Cattle....No pictures of real American pickups  and so on and on.....

All I can contribute is a few pictures..of what I do and where I work.....but some of that type of picture of what the blokes are up to , in the US of A, to me ....  absolutely is  a wonderful   opportunity  to see and learn , what goes on , daily in their lives.....including   your older postings of growing  Almonds......As a  rural bloke, having been involved with Tobacco and  Berry Fruit    and stock......all this is most interesting and , to my mind, worthy of being  under the Coffee Shop heading....

That is my two cents......Thankyou

Mike

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mike newman said:

 

.

That is how I viewed   the ""Coffee Shop"" on this fine site....however with your vision, for its future, a huge amount of that diversity   would be lost and gone forever......No AK Welder...No Troy Diary...No Dog  Thread..No Cattle   thread...No Horse/Mule thread....No Awesome picture thread... No old Ranchers getting chewed up by Cattle....No pictures of real American pickups  and so on and on.....

 

 

 

Mike

thats essence of the coffee shop  Mike and I enjoyed the above guys as much as the next guy ( I think Tony leans in that direction too ). You were one of 'em as well. your experience/perspective and pics were great! but what the **** is black billy tea   

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hillman said:

thats essence of the coffee shop  Mike and I enjoyed the above guys as much as the next guy ( I think Tony leans in that direction too ). You were one of 'em as well. your experience/perspective and pics were great! but what the **** is black billy tea   

Mike , what you described is what coffee shop is about learning about other areas , other farming methods , way other people with same interest as us live and do things .

what I am referring to is the posts that entice people into arguing about stuff they can do nothing about on this forum , but keep people in a negative state of mind . 
the news reporters do a good enough job of that.

thank you Mike ,

tony 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed The Red Power Forum and the friendships I have made over the years. I went to The roundup in Pa. a few years ago and got to hang out with a lot of members on here. I do miss (some of you might remember) Blaine Griggs writings about his tractor hunting adventures and some of Bill Faulders thoughts on what could have been. Several of you posted on coffee shop about community members or forums members who were battling illness or homes were destroyed by fire. We were able to help out with these causes that we wouldn't have known about except for this forum.  I have learned a lot on this Forum and have been willing to tackle some jobs I wouldn't have been willing to do otherwise. I thank the members here for putting up with me. And above all thanks to BJ, Dennis and Sallie.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Eason said:

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed The Red Power Forum and the friendships I have made over the years. I went to The roundup in Pa. a few years ago and got to hang out with a lot of members on here. I do miss (some of you might remember) Blaine Griggs writings about his tractor hunting adventures and some of Bill Faulders thoughts on what could have been. Several of you posted on coffee shop about community members or forums members who were battling illness or homes were destroyed by fire. We were able to help out with these causes that we wouldn't have known about except for this forum.  I have learned a lot on this Forum and have been willing to tackle some jobs I wouldn't have been willing to do otherwise. I thank the members here for putting up with me. And above all thanks to BJ, Dennis and Sallie.

Glad MTO got me out to meet you before you had to go home. Hopefully see you at another show soon

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eason said:

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed The Red Power Forum and the friendships I have made over the years. I went to The roundup in Pa. a few years ago and got to hang out with a lot of members on here. I do miss (some of you might remember) Blaine Griggs writings about his tractor hunting adventures and some of Bill Faulders thoughts on what could have been. Several of you posted on coffee shop about community members or forums members who were battling illness or homes were destroyed by fire. We were able to help out with these causes that we wouldn't have known about except for this forum.  I have learned a lot on this Forum and have been willing to tackle some jobs I wouldn't have been willing to do otherwise. I thank the members here for putting up with me. And above all thanks to BJ, Dennis and Sallie.

Good to hear from you, Eason!  It’s been a few years but I haven’t forgotten the barbecue and sweet tea a stranger brought out to a trucker far from home one night!  Look me up if you ever have occasion to be in Iowa. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

what I am referring to is the posts that entice people into arguing about stuff they can do nothing about on this forum , but keep people in a negative state of mind . 

Thank you for posting Tony.

I appreciate your opinions.

Just remember, it takes two people to have an argument.

As far as those few people and I think as a testement to this forum it is a very few who like raise hackles.

They remind me of a boughten cow I had one time. Whenever I would drive out to the pasture, she would run through the middle of the bunch trying to get them to run 

After awhile, the other cows just ignored her and she would stand on the outside of the herd staring at us.

She was rendered completely inconsequential.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Thank you for posting Tony.

I appreciate your opinions.

Just remember, it takes two people to have an argument.

As far as those few people and I think as a testement to this forum it is a very few who like raise hackles.

They remind me of a boughten cow I had one time. Whenever I would drive out to the pasture, she would run through the middle of the bunch trying to get them to run 

After awhile, the other cows just ignored her and she would stand on the outside of the herd staring at us.

She was rendered completely inconsequential.

 

Jeff...I disagree   ........no cow that I have known, could be called inconsequential......what colour was she ???.....she was just trying to coerce  her fellow cows...possibly a neo -liberal cow, trying to instigate trouble  for you, Jeff....You see if she was a green , neo-liberal  cow, she possibly  wouldn't  had the stomach for  being turned into protein .....protein  for homo -erectus .....however if she was a yellow cow, she would have been  a fascist ...no doubt about that.....hence   just standing outside the herd   ''staring''  at you.....Now, did you notice if her eyes were vacant, Jeff ???...No ,    pity Jeff, because the solution was ''staring you in the face ''....

...you should have shot the bloody thing and then eaten it....now, at that juncture, the cow would not have been inconsequential , Jeff.....You would have had food...(quite important .)....a ''hide '' to shelter from the elements.....and a nice long intestinal tract to make sausages......possibly   a 'horn''  with which you can make a very poor impersonation  of a bugling  Wapiti.....possibly  a tobacco pouch from the ''inconsequential ''   cows udder......(..do you remember the Steve McQueen/Karl Malden  film  ""Nevada Smith ""......a tobacco pouch made from  a female mammary   gland   ??  I have the DVD  of that film, it is good, you should stop by sometime, and watch it with me, and we could talk about other great Westerns.....I always liked ""Death Hunt''   with Lee Marvin  and Bronson, also ""Breakheart  Pass""...also with Charles Bronson......you remember Bronson was carrying a Savage Model 99 lever firearm , in that film ?....there are Red Deer tracks on the river bank where we were trying to work , today,,but I don't have the trusty old  Ruger 250..3000  down here....of course it rained so hard this morning , the river came up and stopped us working, no pictures, Jeff...If it is to wet tomorrow morning, my Lad and I are heading down to a big  grape growing vinyard, to pick up a trailer load of broken posts.....posts that were eight feet high, but have broken at ground level...thus they are just right for a regular fence ..and they cost only a box of beer....never drank that stuff, can't stand it, got me into a few scraps in the old days....the sort of woefull idiots who think to be a ''man' ...you should drink so much beer   then you get cirrhosis of the liver...then you die...but I guess you had the desired mantle of being a "man"'   crazy is it not ??.....but I digress ......this is not ''inconsequential''

Mike

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mike newman said:

Jeff...I disagree   ........no cow that I have known, could be called inconsequential......what colour was she ???.....she was just trying to coerce  her fellow cows...possibly a neo -liberal cow, trying to instigate trouble  for you, Jeff....You see if she was a green , neo-liberal  cow, she possibly  wouldn't  had the stomach for  being turned into protein .....protein  for homo -erectus .....however if she was a yellow cow, she would have been  a fascist ...no doubt about that.....hence   just standing outside the herd   ''staring''  at you.....Now, did you notice if her eyes were vacant, Jeff ???...No ,    pity Jeff, because the solution was ''staring you in the face ''....

...you should have shot the bloody thing and then eaten it....now, at that juncture, the cow would not have been inconsequential , Jeff.....You would have had food...(quite important .)....a ''hide '' to shelter from the elements.....and a nice long intestinal tract to make sausages......possibly   a 'horn''  with which you can make a very poor impersonation  of a bugling  Wapiti.....possibly  a tobacco pouch from the ''inconsequential ''   cows udder......(..do you remember the Steve McQueen/Karl Malden  film  ""Nevada Smith ""......a tobacco pouch made from  a female mammary   gland   ??  I have the DVD  of that film, it is good, you should stop by sometime, and watch it with me, and we could talk about other great Westerns.....I always liked ""Death Hunt''   with Lee Marvin  and Bronson, also ""Breakheart  Pass""...also with Charles Bronson......you remember Bronson was carrying a Savage Model 99 lever firearm , in that film ?....there are Red Deer tracks on the river bank where we were trying to work , today,,but I don't have the trusty old  Ruger 250..3000  down here....of course it rained so hard this morning , the river came up and stopped us working, no pictures, Jeff...If it is to wet tomorrow morning, my Lad and I are heading down to a big  grape growing vinyard, to pick up a trailer load of broken posts.....posts that were eight feet high, but have broken at ground level...thus they are just right for a regular fence ..and they cost only a box of beer....never drank that stuff, can't stand it, got me into a few scraps in the old days....the sort of woefull idiots who think to be a ''man' ...you should drink so much beer   then you get cirrhosis of the liver...then you die...but I guess you had the desired mantle of being a "man"'   crazy is it not ??.....but I digress ......this is not ''inconsequential''

Mike

You know,

that cow had lifeless eyes.

Black eyes.

Like a doll's eyes.

 

And Mike, thank you for that snapshot into your life and opinion of a black brockle face cow I had years back.

 

Once again, you made my morning 🌅.🤠

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only been to 2 roundups.

When I met forum members, we didn`t sit and discuss engines, we had fun.

We didn`t discuss oil or paint or tire brands, we had fun.

We didn`t rebuild any engines or control valves, we had fun.

We drank a beer, went out to eat and watched the perty girls walk by.

We had fun.

Kinda like coffee shop, we have/had fun.

If you see a post from me, it`ll either be a joke/ask for prayer/marital problems or sarcasm towards another member THAT I KNOW!

I have nothing to offer in General IH.

No tractor mechanic for sure and don`t want to be.

If I see something I don`t like, I don`t read it.

Yeah, the good old days are gone but I still try to have a little fun.

And if I`m one of the disturbers, don`t hold your breath waiting for an apology.

Me is me and I`m OK with that.

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sandhiller said:

You know,

that cow had lifeless eyes.

Black eyes.

Like a doll's eyes.

 

And Mike, thank you for that snapshot into your life and opinion of a black brockle face cow I had years back.

 

Once again, you made my morning 🌅.🤠

 

....Yes...Jeff....I hope you learn from those comments.......and do not keep those trouble making cows, in the future...As we all now know,   the people  that know these things , tell us, quite categorically, that if we get rid of 'cows'......this will save the planet....So please keep that in mind.  

Now, we had to get rid  of virtually all our cows, recently......but I personally have noticed little change , climate wise , above our little place....This is quite disturbing, thus we are rearing calves again  this spring......You see, I have yet to  read where getting rid of calves, will save the planet .    This is all so confusing...

....but your word...""inconsequential ''  was so much fun....so what is your word  of the day....today ??   I look forward  to seeing it...:)

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Save for one recent post in General IH, I have not been very active on the forum lately, though I have been a member on the order of 16 years. That doesn't mean I haven't been browsing the forums, though. I have hesitated to even post at all on this topic, but I am in hopes that it may do just a bit more good than harm.

While it may contain some politics and other things that may not really belong, I have found a whole lot more good topics in the Coffee Shop than bad. There are threads like IH Tractors on a Montana Farm, which is a treasure. There are many past RPRU's preserved in photos there. Through this forum I also got to meet some of the owners of great collections and individual machines, many in-person at RPRU's. Old Max, Danny Anderson, Kristin Gall, Wilson Gatewood, Richard Lantis, and Rich (the CSM, owner of the 21206 from Iowa) come to mind, along with many others. Not sure I would have met any of them without the Coffee Shop, but the IH and farming side of my life has been made richer by them. So, I do hope at least some of the content can be retained, even if only as archived material. I really hope the Coffee Shop itself can return in some form. I also like TonyinCA's idea to make it available to RPM subscribers only. If so I'm in, because I've been a subscriber to the magazine longer than I have been a forum member.

That said, I am a realist. It is up to the Meisner family. As the owners of the magazine and website, it is their rules and theirs alone. I have seen similar circumstances arise on other forums, and based on the outcomes of those, I am less than optimistic. I am aware of cases where suspension of a section just lapsed into permanence, and others that were reinstated just to be permanently deleted in a few days or weeks. My sincere request, should the owners or admins read this, is that the good be preserved. I hope the will and means to do this exist. But if not, so be it.  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...