Why is there a Red Power Forum

sandhiller

I found this forum on the evening of Dec 31, 2017.

Wife was working night shift as an RN at the local nursing home and I was on the internet looking for something when I came across the RPF. 

I browsed around and what I saw interested me so I decided to join. 

It took awhile before I was brave enough to post. But I read.

Since those humble beginnings I have become (or was) fairly active. 

Through this forum I have gained considerable knowledge and made what I consider close and valued friendships. 

People from all over this great country of ours and the world for that matter. 

I have cultivated these friendships because these people share my morals, ideals, beliefs and concerns. 

It is easy to be comfortable around people that feel the way I do.

But it is also healthy to be around those of differing opinions. That is how we grow, how we learn.  

I am curious why the Meisner's started this site.

I would think, to give people who love International tractors a place to gather and discuss. 

A very noble and I am sure at times thankless endeavor. 

My question and I mean this with all sincerity, do you know who your members are?

The amount of knowledge and love for the IH Company is very apparent.

I think all of us on here have an interest in red tractors as a common denominator. 

But it is also a very diverse community of people with varying backgrounds. 

Complex individuals.

People who are driven to succeed, to take chances, gamble on themselves.

Not afraid to fail and pick themselves up and start all over again.

Are not used to taking no for an answer.

They are willing to do the hard work and sacrifice to keep this country safe and humming along. 

A little rough around the edges at times but that is the world we live in. Make no apologies.

Not satisfied to sit back and put their future and future generations in the hands of just anyone. 

When they see something wrong, they call it out. 

Are also loyal to a fault. If you earn their trust and respect they have your back no matter what. 

No quitters here. 

I also think most on here have a well founded interest in the direction the country is going, whether they agree or disagree. They will discuss it when they get together. That is what leaders of a community do. 

I will admit my world is pretty small but this forum expands it exponentially. 

I have learned so much from the interaction with people from all over in the Coffee Shop. 

I wonder if you know how important the platform you (used to) provide us with is?

It is a treasure trove. Lifetimes of experience and knowledge. In a lot of cases the only record as I am sure it is not all contained in books.

I don't want to get into "this is your site, you can do whatever you want with it". I think we deserve more than that. 

I am humbly asking you to open the Coffee Shop back up. 

We need a place we can respectfully educate, entertain, sometimes vent but a place we feel like we can go to be amongst friends. 

Thank you for your time, Jeff

• Like 11
  • Thanks 21

Thanks Jeff for your comments. You are truly a cowboy poet at times good sir! I think you have rather eloquently said what a lot of folks on this site are feeling. We do tend to be a passionate group on here. 

To Dennis and Sally, thanks again for this site. It really is appreciated. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

Thanks Jeff for your comments. You are truly a cowboy poet at times good sir! I think you have rather eloquently said what a lot of folks on this site are feeling. We do tend to be a passionate group on here. 

To Dennis and Sally, thanks again for this site. It really is appreciated. 

X10

Mike

• Like 8

Thank you sir and you hit it on the head. This site does make are small worlds a ton bigger because of all the people on here. I learn something everyday I’m on here!!!

• Like 9

You have asked why we have the Red Power Forum.  It is stated on our web site.

Welcome IH, Farmall, International Harvester Fans and Enthusiasts

This site is owned by the Red Power Magazine. This is a FREE web site. It is a source of information about our bi-monthly publication; and a place for IH enthusiasts to exchange and share information.

Although the purpose of the site is to encourage folks to subscribe to the magazine, we do not require you to be a subscriber in order to read or post on the discussion forum board.

Be sure to visit the discussion forum board. It is a great place to ask questions, learn more about IH, meet new and old friends or just view to read what is going on in the IH world.

Dennis & Sallie Miesner
Editors/Owners
Red Power Magazine

This forum is a free site to those who join.  All we ask is that as members you follow the rules and guidelines.

• Thanks 4

I'm not taking sides i just want us all to get along.

On 9/7/2021 at 2:19 AM, sandhiller said:

But it is also healthy to be around those of differing opinions.

Well done!

When my wife and I used to argue I would notice we both would make the same ol tiered points back and forth so... we came up with the new information rule. if I don't have new information to add it is time for me to listen. Over time I have noticed we don't argue ant more.

10 hours ago, RPM - Sallie said:

This forum is a free site to those who join.  All we ask is that as members you follow the rules and guidelines.

Thanks for the tractor site I am enjoying it.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 3:19 AM, sandhiller said:

I found this forum on the evening of Dec 31, 2017.

Wife was working night shift as an RN at the local nursing home and I was on the internet looking for something when I came across the RPF. 

I browsed around and what I saw interested me so I decided to join. 

It took awhile before I was brave enough to post. But I read.

Since those humble beginnings I have become (or was) fairly active. 

Through this forum I have gained considerable knowledge and made what I consider close and valued friendships. 

People from all over this great country of ours and the world for that matter. 

I have cultivated these friendships because these people share my morals, ideals, beliefs and concerns. 

It is easy to be comfortable around people that feel the way I do.

But it is also healthy to be around those of differing opinions. That is how we grow, how we learn.  

I am curious why the Meisner's started this site.

I would think, to give people who love International tractors a place to gather and discuss. 

A very noble and I am sure at times thankless endeavor. 

My question and I mean this with all sincerity, do you know who your members are?

The amount of knowledge and love for the IH Company is very apparent.

I think all of us on here have an interest in red tractors as a common denominator. 

But it is also a very diverse community of people with varying backgrounds. 

Complex individuals.

People who are driven to succeed, to take chances, gamble on themselves.

Not afraid to fail and pick themselves up and start all over again.

Are not used to taking no for an answer.

They are willing to do the hard work and sacrifice to keep this country safe and humming along. 

A little rough around the edges at times but that is the world we live in. Make no apologies.

Not satisfied to sit back and put their future and future generations in the hands of just anyone. 

When they see something wrong, they call it out. 

Are also loyal to a fault. If you earn their trust and respect they have your back no matter what. 

No quitters here. 

I also think most on here have a well founded interest in the direction the country is going, whether they agree or disagree. They will discuss it when they get together. That is what leaders of a community do. 

I will admit my world is pretty small but this forum expands it exponentially. 

I have learned so much from the interaction with people from all over in the Coffee Shop. 

I wonder if you know how important the platform you (used to) provide us with is?

It is a treasure trove. Lifetimes of experience and knowledge. In a lot of cases the only record as I am sure it is not all contained in books.

I don't want to get into "this is your site, you can do whatever you want with it". I think we deserve more than that. 

I am humbly asking you to open the Coffee Shop back up. 

We need a place we can respectfully educate, entertain, sometimes vent but a place we feel like we can go to be amongst friends. 

Thank you for your time, Jeff

alot of thought went into that Jeff but I believe if you guys just let the smoke clear everything will be OK

a scab takes longer to heal if you keep picking it🤠

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

@sandhiller that was well said, equally well put, though somewhat less lengthy is @hillman’s response. 
to @RPM - Salliethank you, Dennis and BJ for all your work with this site, current situation not withstanding its a great place to come for knowledge, connect with folks who I could never have the pleasure of knowing otherwise and share in not only the common interest of red tractors but to learn, share and see other aspects of people around the globe. You have something very special here and i thank you for all your efforts to keep it that way. It is nice to have a real set of people at the helm behind all of this, its a great resource. 
@FarmallFanyou do one heck of a terrific job, and your job surely is not easy. This is the most user friendly, and friendly friendly site i have ever seen , you deserve no criticism from anyone. Thank you. 
-Seth

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, RPM - Sallie said:

You have asked why we have the Red Power Forum.  It is stated on our web site.

Welcome IH, Farmall, International Harvester Fans and Enthusiasts

This site is owned by the Red Power Magazine. This is a FREE web site. It is a source of information about our bi-monthly publication; and a place for IH enthusiasts to exchange and share information.

Although the purpose of the site is to encourage folks to subscribe to the magazine, we do not require you to be a subscriber in order to read or post on the discussion forum board.

Be sure to visit the discussion forum board. It is a great place to ask questions, learn more about IH, meet new and old friends or just view to read what is going on in the IH world.

Dennis & Sallie Miesner
Editors/Owners
Red Power Magazine

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. 

If I may ask, what satisfaction do you get out of this site you provide for us?

Do you farm?

Own IH tractors?

Do you frequent the site regularly?

I ask sincerely because I am naive in the ways of site owners.

I am a sometime participant in one other very large site where the owner is very involved and posts regularly. 

Although maybe apples and oranges, when I do business with a company, I try to get to know the owner. It makes for a better long term relationship.

I may be a PIA from time to time but I am the same person on here as I am eating dinner at the Husker Hub (right Ron😄)

I am very grateful to you both for providing us with this site and to BJ for his moderating duties. 

Not trying to put you on the spot, just wanted to get to know you a little better and I put this up in the big room because maybe someone else would be interested too. 

Thank you again and have a good night, Jeff. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. 

If I may ask, what satisfaction do you get out of this site you provide for us?

Do you farm?

Own IH tractors?

Do you frequent the site regularly?

I ask sincerely because I am naive in the ways of site owners.

I am a sometime participant in one other very large site where the owner is very involved and posts regularly. 

Although maybe apples and oranges, when I do business with a company, I try to get to know the owner. It makes for a better long term relationship.

I may be a PIA from time to time but I am the same person on here as I am eating dinner at the Husker Hub (right Ron😄)

I am very grateful to you both for providing us with this site and to BJ for his moderating duties. 

Not trying to put you on the spot, just wanted to get to know you a little better and I put this up in the big room because maybe someone else would be interested too. 

Thank you again and have a good night, Jeff. 

https://redpowermagazine.com/about-us

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Ok BJ, thanks for the reply.

I can take a hint and will let it drop.

No worries

I was just sharing that page as it answered some of the questions you posed to Sallie.

10 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

I was just sharing that page as it answered some of the questions you posed to Sallie.

Yes, I get that and appreciate it 

I was just trying to open up a little conversation.

I think someone above even mentioned I was picking at a scab. The last thing I want to be thought of as doing.

Meant no harm.

And sure didn't mean to bother anyone, Sally included.

The Coffee Shop is  not gone , its a matter of the Admin clicking a box to hide or unhide any section of the forum . they can also make it read only on some platforms. ( I am familiar with phpBB only) They are trying to make a point and some of you guys aren't getting it . 

just keep poking at the owners and see if that gets you what you want 🙄 

Someone asked why is there a Red Power forum. Ask yourself if it was your business would you want it represented it this manner ? ( borrowed image from FB)

IMG_20210107_230611.thumb.jpg.6426dc12fad91b665101197aa7bfc86a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, hillman said:

just keep poking at the owners and see if that gets you what you want 🙄

Not my intent at all. 

If I was misunderstood that is on me for not being able to speak or write very well. 

What seems clear to me, may come across as mud to someone else.

Just trying to open a line of communication, 

No problem is ever solved by assumption.

I guess I should have made my queries by pm. 

I didn’t take it that way, I looked at it as an attempt to open some dialogue to gain some sense of their vision, side or take on things

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lightninboy said:

We got ahold of the Administration and we're getting nowhere! Are they going to be politically correct or not? Can't have the old Coffee Shop back. It's politically incorrect.

Please stop. You are not helping anything. Once again, ^^^^ the above statement is part of the problem not part of the solution.  If I am taking it all wrong I apologize, but there is no way I completely misread 95% of your posts as negative. Piping off to or about the admins/owners does ZERO good. What are you trying to prove? And who are you trying to prove it to?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I really intended this to be a good will, well intentioned thread.

A way to reach out to BJ and Sally.

I did it in this open forum instead of pm because I knew a lot of you had welcome input on this matter. 

Let this be your platform.

Would love to see this thread continue on.

But, if it's going to go south, I would rather see it deleted than cause any more hard feelings, any more division.

• Like 3