A Bush Find

. things were left abandoned on the old farm site. they figure sitting around 20 years. was parked by the bush , now its in the bush. brought it home couple days ago. removed glow plugs and squired snake oil into the cyl's. tryed the hand crank and it not stuck. tank has diesel in it, good sign. should not be hard to get it going once i get time. cab will be coming off first thing .   its actually a pretty straight tractor. 

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

• Like 22

9 hours ago, oleman said:

I hope I never get too old for another project.

Looks great, and you didn't even require the chain saw to recover it.

Keep us posted.

no, i offered to bring a chain saw , then by the time i got there he had it pulled out for me. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, rustred said:

. things were left abandoned on the old farm site. they figure sitting around 20 years. was parked by the bush , now its in the bush. brought it home couple days ago. removed glow plugs and squired snake oil into the cyl's. tryed the hand crank and it not stuck. tank has diesel in it, good sign. should not be hard to get it going once i get time. cab will be coming off first thing .   its actually a pretty straight tractor. 

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

Wow… one more to the collection !! How far did you have to go for this one ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, north of 60 said:

Wow… one more to the collection !! How far did you have to go for this one ? 

remember Sonny James ? ' A Little Bit South Of Saskatoon."  was over 1200 km trip.

• Like 2

Always makes me happy to see some old iron saved from the fence row or trees

had a rain here so gave me more time to check this thing out.  got fuel system cleaned out and had to replace injection pump with one i had to rob off my other tractor.  she fired up on her own power.  runs pretty good. took it for a field ride and things appear ok.  need to get some better rear tires on it and couple more sets of weights and get it field ready for fall work. 

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

since i robbed the pump off my other 660 i also robbed the rear tires today. that was about a 3 hr job for one guy with switching 2 sets of loaded tires.  need better tires for field work. tubes were darn near sticking out of them .gonna add couple more weights to each side tomorrow . she is coming along.  

IMG_2015.JPG

• Like 2

Looks like a great find! You have to own nearly all the wheatland IH's in Canada by now, eh?

Mike

10 hours ago, TN Hillbilly said:

I am waiting to see you hand crank that 660...

i can crank it no problem with glow plugs out. as i said its the cats azz for for checking timing, setting valves.

On 9/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Looks like a great find! You have to own nearly all the wheatland IH's in Canada by now, eh?

Mike

not quite, this is the 6th 660 now. getting hard to find them . 

Very nice find, I love it. Every time I find a fence row tractor here,owner never seem to want to sell. I always get the same old story, gonna fix'er up some day. Even been told, don't come back, if I want to sell it I'll put a for sale sign on it😂