Skid loader tires are junk nowadays

bitty

8 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Seems I'm having bad luck even with tracks. I'll buy your tire If you'll buy my track. ūüėā

20210905_120825.jpg

20210905_121639.jpg

That makes them easier to take off when they are broke. Looks like you are on fairly level ground as well.  I've put many a track back on in the woods on a hillside. 

1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

Seems I'm having bad luck even with tracks. I'll buy your tire If you'll buy my track. ūüėā

20210905_120825.jpg

20210905_121639.jpg

At least yours are fairly worn down. Mine were like new yet with only 700 hours and they did that. No warranty either. Stay away from tuff bilt tracks

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, WishIhada1466 said:

That makes them easier to take off when they are broke. Looks like you are on fairly level ground as well.  I've put many a track back on in the woods on a hillside. 

Oh yah. This was on the dam to the pond I was brush hogging along the water line. I heard the dreaded track pop noise that you hear when one is walking off. I leaned out and watched my downhill track thinking this is gonna be bad, turned out to be uphill. Once I seen it was junk I gave her the ol hail Mary spin to the left to get her close to the top. That's why the track is plum off, I figured you can't ruin what's already junk. 

21 hours ago, db1486 said:

At least yours are fairly worn down. Mine were like new yet with only 700 hours and they did that. No warranty either. Stay away from tuff bilt tracks

These had some hours on them, but the pad tracks dont have much more tread to begin with. Honestly I liked them the way they were because it was easier on the grass. Now the new ones are on and they are gonna eat the fields up every turn I make. My bil is in the rental business and tells me on these takeuchi machines he has seen a set of tracks get smoked in as little as 300 hrs by weekend warriors. He also tells me his excavation guys only get 750hrs on bridgestones.  He tells me to stay away from any foreign made tracks. I just went with a Canadian made set now, because bridgestones (oem) were back ordered and $2600 each plus shipping. I'm not happy about it but what can you do right now. At least I had a old track I could put on to get me going. 

39 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Oh yah. This was on the dam to the pond I was brush hogging along the water line. I heard the dreaded track pop noise that you hear when one is walking off. I leaned out and watched my downhill track thinking this is gonna be bad, turned out to be uphill. Once I seen it was junk I gave her the ol hail Mary spin to the left to get her close to the top. That's why the track is plum off, I figured you can't ruin what's already junk. 

These had some hours on them, but the pad tracks dont have much more tread to begin with. Honestly I liked them the way they were because it was easier on the grass. Now the new ones are on and they are gonna eat the fields up every turn I make. My bil is in the rental business and tells me on these takeuchi machines he has seen a set of tracks get smoked in as little as 300 hrs by weekend warriors. He also tells me his excavation guys only get 750hrs on bridgestones.  He tells me to stay away from any foreign made tracks. I just went with a Canadian made set now, because bridgestones (oem) were back ordered and $2600 each plus shipping. I'm not happy about it but what can you do right now. At least I had a old track I could put on to get me going. 

They do tend to float around nice without much tread. And I do agree these taks can be very hard on tracks. When I bought my machine it had camoplast zig zag tracks on it, about 60% tread I would say. When I changed them I had put 1400 hours myself on them. I'm thinking they had all of 2000 hours on them. They were very rough shape already, missing a couple bars, big chunks gone, but we're still working. I ended up putting them back on this spring after the new ones let go. That's a whole other story. Anyway, I snapped one of them clear through like yours pushing trees this summer. I'm surprised they lasted like they did. So the new ones I put on this time were the camso ones. And to my surprise, they were about $600 per track cheaper than 2 years ago.

What brand are the Canadian ones you got? For my machine there is only 2 or 3 brands available, and only a couple styles. Your size and smaller has alot more choices

1 hour ago, db1486 said:

They do tend to float around nice without much tread. And I do agree these taks can be very hard on tracks. When I bought my machine it had camoplast zig zag tracks on it, about 60% tread I would say. When I changed them I had put 1400 hours myself on them. I'm thinking they had all of 2000 hours on them. They were very rough shape already, missing a couple bars, big chunks gone, but we're still working. I ended up putting them back on this spring after the new ones let go. That's a whole other story. Anyway, I snapped one of them clear through like yours pushing trees this summer. I'm surprised they lasted like they did. So the new ones I put on this time were the camso ones. And to my surprise, they were about $600 per track cheaper than 2 years ago.

What brand are the Canadian ones you got? For my machine there is only 2 or 3 brands available, and only a couple styles. Your size and smaller has alot more choices

Tak's 2 oem choices are camoplas or now camso or bridgestones.  My bil bought a set of camoplas zig zags 2 years ago for 1600 each. Yesterday they were around 2800 each. Bridgestones were a little cheaper at 2600. The ones I went with mainly due to availability were about 1500 each. Tak's are very hard on tracks if the wrong operator is in the seat. They put a ton of power to the tracks. 

https://trojantracks.com/skid-steer-rubber-tracks.html

Trojan tracks. Hes ran a few sets on machines and had decent luck. Not saying everyone should run out and buy them it's just what I went with in these times. I kinda have a problem with companies raising their prices by 50% in the last few months just because they can. I figured for 60% the cost of oem I hope to get good use out of them for a few years. 

On 9/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, Paystar5000 said:

We have had galaxy tires do what your pictures show.  Michelin bibsteel is a good tire .  I have recapped 12 now with wastehauler tread. Have  not have one do that yet.  We are running Michelin tweels on manure skidloaders.  We have used those claw daddy tires and galaxy hulk solid but the ride is horrible and the traction is poor.  

How do you like the Tweels @Paystar5000?  I’ve been thinking for a while that a tall set with a snow tire tread on them could be a good setup for snow work. 

We have mostly 10-16.5 like 5 sets on caterpillar 226D.  Dairy farm work. Rubber tire scraper and cleaning bedded packs.  Ride is very good compared to solids.  Traction way better than solid or foam fill.  Ability to drive over uneven concrete and small curbs excellent because of the flex is great.  No flat tires.  We have not had any spokes break.  Not cheap but work well.  

3 hours ago, Paystar5000 said:

We have mostly 10-16.5 like 5 sets on caterpillar 226D.  Dairy farm work. Rubber tire scraper and cleaning bedded packs.  Ride is very good compared to solids.  Traction way better than solid or foam fill.  Ability to drive over uneven concrete and small curbs excellent because of the flex is great.  No flat tires.  We have not had any spokes break.  Not cheap but work well.  

When the Tweels were introduced the Michelin factory rep was saying they could be retreaded.  Anyone know if this is still an option?  Brian.

1 hour ago, E160BHM said:

When the Tweels were introduced the Michelin factory rep was saying they could be retreaded.  Anyone know if this is still an option?  Brian.

I have been told the 10-16.5 cannot be but the 12-16.5 can.  I know our neighbors have had 12-16.5 retreaded with good results.