Thermostat 1950 Farmall M

Dave Mac

Just received a new thermostat for my Farmall M, but it is quite different to the one I took out. It fits ok but the the arrow on the side  which shows water flow towards the radiator is upside down, and the thermostat will only go in one way. See the photos, obviously the damaged one is the one I butchered to get it out. It wasn,t working anyway !
Does anyone know if this looks like the correct part ?

Cheers

Dave

A31876B4-8E82-4380-B9F3-843C4FE15045.jpeg

AAEBEE91-DF78-48ED-94E4-3949C3A71061.jpeg

The new thermostat fits in the opposite way to what it says on it and it will work fine (only way it can fit). We have had one in our W6 for a few years without any trouble.

20200706_102940.thumb.jpg.18bfacea6a1e230da76730645e6cdf8f.jpg

Marty,NZ

2 hours ago, Martin Thompson said:

The new thermostat fits in the opposite way to what it says on it and it will work fine (only way it can fit). We have had one in our W6 for a few years without any trouble.

20200706_102940.thumb.jpg.18bfacea6a1e230da76730645e6cdf8f.jpg

Marty,NZ

Thanks Marty that’s exactly what I wanted to hear. Makes sense !

That’s good to see DWV, I guess the simple explanation is maybe that thermostat is built for many installations, and it can be fitted around the other way in some of them. But apart from the arrow it is the same thermostat.

...Wrong, Dave...Quite wrong...the thermostat's are built in the Northern  Hemisphere...thus when fitted in the Southern Hemisphere, they have to be upside down ..OK??

...Mike

(actually , I am really irked about our glorious leader  ...and the complete disdain  shown  for the South Island.....and the lack of the Coffee Shop  forum, this after a 18 year ritual  of Coffee Shop and breakfast, taken together.....:( ....thus I could be incorrect  re the thermostat....:rolleyes: )

• Haha 1

Well !!!!  There might be some truth in that Mike. I notice when I’m in the Northern Hemisphere the water goes down the plug hole clockwise, instead of anti clockwise. Strange place 🤔

• Haha 1