First time since 1955

Sledgehammer

The 1955 model IH chest freezer came out of the basement last night.  Stopped working last summer. Think I’ll get 65 years out of the next one? 😉

6163DE92-8BAC-4A51-8062-18E8B6D1934C.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

What are your plans for it? Restore? I’d love to have one in my house. I have kept my eye out for years but I have never run across one, working or otherwise. 

A buddy wants it. So it’s going to his place this weekend on a trade we worked up. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

A buddy wants it. So it’s going to his place this weekend on a trade we worked up. 

i know , traded for more hammers, lol.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, rustred said:

i know , traded for more hammers, lol.

Ha ha ha. Good guess and something I would do given the chance. Actually traded it for shanks for my 45 vibrashank cultivator to be honest. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Save a child’s  life and crush it . 

U r crazy?

Cut a 2" hole high in the back, cover with mesh. worlds best animal food storage money can buy.

12 minutes ago, MTO said:

U r crazy?

Cut a 2" hole high in the back, cover with mesh. worlds best animal food storage money can buy.

Lorenzo isn’t too fond of them. I remember him saying he went around Nebraska and crushed chest freezers for the reason he stated. 

A friend gave me one. It didn’t work so I ended up chunking it but saving the emblems and serial number. Wish I would have given it to someone to fix. They are heavy tho!

• Like 1

Here is what’s left of the one I got. Added some matchbooks to it too. 

FA47CBA7-561A-49FC-BE98-3B8F29BE72F2.thumb.jpeg.de1c74503d0beca88839cb19d81c2f40.jpeg

• Like 2

This one is going to a good home. He can do whatever he wants with it. It would make a decent bomb shelter I’m sure. Might be a little cramped for two people. I’d say it would probably stop a bullet. The lid was probably 75lbs by itself. Welding rod storage, flower pot, etc...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Lorenzo isn’t too fond of them. I remember him saying he went around Nebraska and crushed chest freezers for the reason he stated. 

A friend gave me one. It didn’t work so I ended up chunking it but saving the emblems and serial number. Wish I would have given it to someone to fix. They are heavy tho!

Well I understand why.

Wished they drained all the ponds around here and my brother wouldn't have drowned.

And I wished all 5 gallon buckets were crushed so my neighbors daughter wouldn't have fell in and drowned.

My chest freezer I keep my feed in is safe. I put a hasp  and lock on it.

Not to keep the kids out but keep the horse out.

But we are losing kids today to dope.

What can we all do about that?

Let's crush the dealers and save thousands of kids!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Well I understand why.

Wished they drained all the ponds around here and my brother wouldn't have drowned.

And I wished all 5 gallon buckets were crushed so my neighbors daughter wouldn't have fell in and drowned.

My chest freezer I keep my feed in is safe. I put a hasp  and lock on it.

Not to keep the kids out but keep the horse out.

But we are losing kids today to dope.

What can we all do about that?

Let's crush the dealers and save thousands of kids!

Well it was his way of thinking not mine Mark. I understand both of your views, just passing along what I remember reading. 

11 hours ago, MTO said:

U r crazy?

Ya thats a creative use for one as long as the latch has been disabled . 

People are always finding ways to repurpose things. 

Reminds me of a gal i knew way back when that had a lazy husband . 
She hid all her money in his work boots. 

• Haha 6