Farmall 560 axle bearings and seals

Hey guys and gals,

Does anyone have a source for new rear  axle bearings

and seals for a Farmall 560 without having to pay $100 a piece for the bearings?

Hardly see timken bearings anymore here , Last tranny I rebuilt I tried to get all timken bearings , Not sure what their problems are but  I think i'll forget about messing with them from now on

Been awhile ! 
I got the outer bearing off eBay , it’s a  fag or sk 6314 I think, thinks was 20 bucks free shipping 

the Hoover roller bearing was ok ,if you need it . Going to be a lot if you need those  
maybe Steiner for the oil seals and felt rings , 

don’t recommend putting  any Chinese bearings in there . You can find new old stock bearings on eBay for way less 

I cross referencing the ih bearing and I measured the inside diameter and outside diameter with calipers, and the width and plug that into bearing cross refer chart to find the bearing size , 

that’s what I suggests , your choice 

1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

You're balking over $100 for a bearing? Try $250 and there is no suitable cross match for the ST210 IIRC. Outer axle bearing for the M and Super M.

I was just about to say that same thing!  2 main shaft bearings and inner and outer for 1 axle was over $400, from Rice equipment in Clarion Pa. (for W-12)

Post the IH part numbers here, and quote this post.

I have an IH bearing book and a seal cross reference. I'll help you out if I can.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, KWRB said:

Post the IH part numbers here, and quote this post.

I have an IH bearing book and a seal cross reference. I'll help you out if I can.

ST-675 outer axle bearing.  Inner was ST-223-A or roller bearing 375215R91. If it can be found new the price will shock you.  Think West Pullman works bearing L-270 was also used . 

A week or two ago there was a set of Bower inner axle bearings on flea bay for 560.  I wouldn’t be afraid of a used Bower.  If you go that way the outer bearing should be of later 560 design. The Bower roller bearings basically ended inner axle bearing failures. 

Bold, underlined numbers are the part numbers shown in the parts catalog online. I started with these when I did the interchange

Plain, underlined numbers are the interchangeable alternatives for that bearing (source of interchange is shown in parentheses)(part number decode is also shown)

image.thumb.png.a8e3b570442d97430f9681b7df62dbfc.png

Inner Bearing is element 3 in figure above. Outer bearing is element 6. Outer seal is element 7.

Inner Bearing, figure no. 3, ST-223A: Identified as a ball bearing, light series, max fill. The catalog also indicates that this is interchangeable with IH part number 23276H

Interchangeable with the following:

West Pullman L 270 (IH Bearing Book) (Loading Groove Assembly(required for max fill), light series, 70 mm bore)

New Departure 1214 (IH Bearing Book) (70mm bore, Light series, single row max fill)

SKF 214-J (SKF Interchange) (Light Series, Max fill type, 70mm bore, steel cage)

Timken 1214AG (Timken Interchange) (I can't find out what the AG suffix means, But I'm guessing it means max fill, with a cage)

IH 375215R91 (CASEIH Website part catalog)

--> which in turn crosses to Bower MSN 1214 EAL (IH bearing book)

IH 272575R91 (IH Book)

--> Timken 1214AG (Timken Interchange)

--> SKF 214-J (SKF Interchange)

--> Fafnir 214-L (IH Book) (Single row ball brg, light series, 70mm bore, one mechanical seal) in IH bearing book

IH 304657C91 (IH Book)

IH 306858C91 (IH Book)

IH 372185R91 (IH Book)

IH 372186R91 (IH Book)

IH 842951R91 (IH Book)

--> RIV SKF Italy 11-A (I wasn't able to confirm the decode here)

Curiously, I started with looking up ST-675, per @DWV's post above, and got the WP, ND numbers above and IH 23276H. When I then re-crossed the West Pullman number L270 in the same IH book, I got IH number ST-223A. ST-223A and ST-675 show interchangeability with the exact same West Pullman, New Departure, Timken and SKF numbers in the IH book and in the Timken and SKF guides. So, I take that to mean IH part number ST-265 and ST-223A are interchangeable.

Lastly on this bearing, the CASEIH website, for ST223A shows available for $84, and shows a handful of interchanges that I've already captured above plus what appears to be a current inventory stock number of CaseIH 84330092, available for $118, and with this picture! You'll see that says "SKF" "214" and shows a steel cage. When you looks at the ball spacing, it's a max fill. Also, cages are often used on max fill bearings. So ST223A and 84330092 are the same bearing, but different part numbers and different prices. Go figure that.

BEARING | CASEIH | US | EN

I then went to look up the other bearing, and I see the outer is listed as ST675, which per everything I wrote above, IS THE SAME BEARING! Only on the website, they list the dimensions in inches, whereas the other is shown in mm. Millimeter incrementing has been the standard for bearings even in the US for oh, about 100 years. As I explained above, these appear to be the exact same bearing and share all the interchanges above.

====================================================================================================================

Now for seals. With seals, I don't bother with anything other than SKF (which used to be Chicago Rawhide. CR was original equipment on my 1950 IH tractor seals, and I've always had good luck with them, and they're available at Napa.

Outer Seal, figure no. 7, 360457R91:

Interchangeable with SKF 27368

I hope this helps!!

KWRB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 10:41 AM, Gearclash said:

What are the bearing numbers?  I just ordered NTN rear axle bearings for an MX150 from my preferred bearing supplier.  He said Timken has had big supply problems.

Looks like NTN 1214 will interchange, the 1200 series is their "light" metric standard max fill single row ball bearing, 14 is 70mm bore, and all their max fill single rows have cages.