This is starting to get under my skin guys!!!

MTO

Here it is Wednesday.

My temper has been short for quite a few days now.

I want to say some things to some people but I haven`t.

I wanted to DO some things to some people but I haven`t.

I feel like a cornered wildcat!

About what you ask?

Oh, sorry.

I bought a new front tube for my A with the belly mower and after ALL that work, it still goes flat................ sigh. 

• Haha 1

And THEN, this centerbolt job on my own truck, (non-paying work) is NOT going well. 

Saddles are bad also and can`t find anywhere. 

Where`s Bitty and Finney when I need them!

I bought a used 18.4x38 for a spare. I had it mounted with a new tube.

I went to get it, 6 months later,  and it was flat. I took it in with my other flat and they fixed it.

A few months later I needed it and it was flat again. I took it in with the other tire and had it fixed.

A few months later I went and checked it. Flat again... I just gave up on it!

But today I bought a 1000 gallon propane tank for $500. Noticed it was heavy when we loaded it. It has 700 gallons in it!!!

Thx-Ace 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Everyone should go out and buy an IH dozer to try and take your frustrations out on that one tree you always wanted to get rid of. By the time you come up with all the NLA track parts you need and spend days searching for someone to tell you how to get all the things adjusted that no one knows how to properly adjust any more and get the tree pushed over maybe coffee shop will be back. At least you can save a piece of history in the process. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, acem said:

But today I bought a 1000 gallon propane tank for $500. Noticed it was heavy when we loaded it. It has 700 gallons in it!!!

That was a score I take it they just wanted it gone 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

Everyone should go out and buy an IH dozer to try and take your frustrations out on that one tree you always wanted to get rid of. By the time you come up with all the NLA track parts you need and spend days searching for someone to tell you how to get all the things adjusted that no one knows how to properly adjust any more and get the tree pushed over maybe coffee shop will be back. At least you can save a piece of history in the process. 

That opens a question for me, during the war how often did tanks, half traks and carriers lose their tracks? And when that happened was there a quick way to replace them? Were they serviced at all? Was there one member who was in charge of care and concern? It seems to me it was an indispensable part of movement and mud, rocks and other crap can cause breakdowns.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

That opens a question for me, during the war how often did tanks, half traks and carriers lose their tracks? And when that happened was there a quick way to replace them? Were they serviced at all? Was there one member who was in charge of care and concern? It seems to me it was an indispensable part of movement and mud, rocks and other crap can cause breakdowns.

I have heard it mentioned before that lack of replacement parts was the downfall of German Tiger tanks. Probably a superior machine to what the allies had, but no support. Especially toward the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Dentist did not help either I am sure??

No, but his youngish hygenist ( hubba hubba) who is learning through each chunk of gum she hits with the power washer, I endured for her behalf...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MTO said:

No, but his youngish hygenist ( hubba hubba) who is learning through each chunk of gum she hits with the power washer, I endured for her behalf...

Only you................Last time I went to the dentist we had to go to a different one because of political issues(Gasp) and the new one made the poor girls wear so much PPE they looked like they were going into the containment building at Chernoybl...............

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Only you................Last time I went to the dentist we had to go to a different one because of political issues(Gasp) and the new one made the poor girls wear so much PPE they looked like they were going into the containment building at Chernoybl...............

pitiful, just pitiful...

Well, the original Dentist I had been going to for 30 years(different owner the last 10 or so) was worse...................They had the poor workers wear all that nonsense, plus wanted you to wear half of it.........................Long story short we were terminated from that Dentist:lol:  Maybe a road trip to your dentist is in order?

1 hour ago, MTO said:

My hygienist is not only sporty, but very gentle, I cannot say the same for my dentist. I feel the need to explain to her that her explorer isn't a pulp hook, as she gaffs my gums and drags me back up the chair.. the says OH! Your bleeding! You need to floss more! 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, IHCfarmer said:

I just tried to send MTO a private message and it won’t let me what’s up with that?? Is it not a private message?

I don't think that has worked for some time.................It was working, then I was rejected................Important guy like him probably has a secretary, Pete has all that and a security force, I am a low life..................:lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, IHCfarmer said:

I just tried to send MTO a private message and it won’t let me what’s up with that?? Is it not a private message?

Fixed it, sorry.

9 hours ago, Dasnake said:

I recently read a book “Death Traps” by Belton Y. Cooper about his experiences in the 3rd Armored Division in WWII.  He was an officer involved in the recovery and repair of tanks.  The title refers to the vulnerabilities of the US tanks.  He also mentions the German’s lack of parts to repair their tanks.  A good read.

• Thanks 1