Googling My Stuff/Old Binder Guy

IHRunner

I've been googling my individual pages of TBOP and downloading my pictures. It is the physical and intellectual property of  BarnOwlProductions LLC. so the images still belong to me. 

This might also be a way for OBG to retrieve some of the stuff he posted. Just Google "IH tractors on a Montana far" followed by the page number. And the images will still be there. 

Troy. Sledge. This might also be a way to recover your stuff. 

And everyone who had long standing posts. 

TBOP was a small thread. But it was still my stuff and my hard work. 

I can't imagine they'll ditch OBG's national gem of a thread. But I doubt all of the others will be recovered. 

So I'm snagging my stuff before it disappears. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I'm assuming this site. Like others. Has an algorithm for "inactivity lock" where, after a certain period of inactivity on a post, it becomes locked. Is that suspended as well when a forum is locked? Or after a period of inactivity will those posts be locked like others when you scroll back in time?

11 minutes ago, IHRunner said:

I've been googling my individual pages of TBOP and downloading my pictures. It is the physical and intellectual property of  BarnOwlProductions LLC. so the images still belong to me. 

This might also be a way for OBG to retrieve some of the stuff he posted. Just Google "IH tractors on a Montana far" followed by the page number. And the images will still be there. 

I can't imagine they'll ditch OBG's national gem of a thread. But I doubt all of the others will be recovered. 

I still have most of my stuff fortunately. It’s just the time spent trying to share it and properly dictate what was going on that is a frustration. I read the announcement as well as BJ’s post above about “suspended” not deleted and I hope that is true to the point that it does become available to everyone again.  I just hope that is before the membership goes away because they are fed up. The people that participate make this site what it is.  Nothing against moderators or ownership just the plain and simple truth. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

The people that participate make this site what it is.

I loved the way some of my threads took on a life of their own.

The replies were always better than my original post.😄

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I loved the way some of my threads took on a life of their own.

The replies were always better than my original post.😄

For sure. I like the side thoughts and stories that come along with many of them. Sparking new interest in things got me here. I like doing that for others as well.  

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

For sure. I like the side thoughts and stories that come along with many of them. Sparking new interest in things got me here. I like doing that for others as well.  

some blokes digress a lot .....especially if the subject matter is about firearms, dogs,  Ford trucks,IH tractors,  coffee cups, whiskey bottles,  cattle ,  MTO's matrimonial saga's,busted knuckles  TD6  track pains, J-Mech's social , free psychology tuition  for the unwary and wayward, roping   horses/cattle...(think Lazy WP ..)the state of Kanuckstan.....from our roving reporter in Surry, BC, turbans at the command center of class 8 trucks.... and so on.....never mind the endless interest from some old bloke in Montana  (:))....fishy stories from   a cap -popping dude in Colorado,  a dairy Farmer in Washington  ...a welder of some repute in   Alaska., who likes flowers , some old welder whose claim to fame was punching out the end of his work shop , with a client's truck....a modern day  tool maker, useing yesterdays technology... the list is endless.......

......thats what I loved about the Coffee Shop....lets hope its back......soon

Mike

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mike newman said:

some blokes digress a lot .....especially if the subject matter is about firearms, dogs,  Ford trucks,IH tractors,  coffee cups, whiskey bottles,  cattle ,  MTO's matrimonial saga's,busted knuckles  TD6  track pains, J-Mech's social , free psychology tuition  for the unwary and wayward, roping   horses/cattle...(think Lazy WP ..)the state of Kanuckstan.....from our roving reporter in Surry, BC, turbans at the command center of class 8 trucks.... and so on.....never mind the endless interest from some old bloke in Montana  (:))....fishy stories from   a cap -popping dude in Colorado,  a dairy Farmer in Washington  ...a welder of some repute in   Alaska., who likes flowers , some old welder whose claim to fame was punching out the end of his work shop , with a client's truck....a modern day  tool maker, useing yesterdays technology... the list is endless.......

Mike

Why did reading this make me think about hotdogs?🤔😂

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Mike

5 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Why did reading this make me think about hotdogs?🤔😂

With the tea.

• Like 1

Hope IH tractors on Montana returns. The Missing Mississippi Melon Caper still hasn't been solved by the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation (Melon Division). Although they did find Bigfoot aboard the starship USS Farmall looking for Elvis.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Mike

You have amazing memory to remember something like that about all those different threads . I forgot about Finney's shop expansion debacle

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, bitty said:

You have amazing memory to remember something like that about all those different threads . I forgot about Finney's shop expansion debacle

Bet Finney didn’t 

• Haha 4

Sand not all, seen some good slingin but you sir are at top of heap

Mike classic summary 

BJ thx for some clarity, we are sitting in the corner facing the wall

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IHRunner said:

If it’s your pictures you’re after you can save them from the site yet.  This is a screenshot from my iPhone.  Not sure how it compares to Samsung or a desktop. 

C41CBCF0-B1B9-43C9-B1DB-4F0021B29569.jpeg

7139EA7E-A686-45E6-ADA0-A98B2AF39906.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bitty said:

...bitty...unfortunately ,it was lunch break , where i am working on that flood damage etc....thus that speil was cut short.....however, I do remember one very funny incident, about 2006....I reckon...There was an young  English woman who frequented the site in .those days...Her user name escapes me, but she posted frequently....The post I remember well, started about her garden 'maintainence.'.....spring time in the UK...Evidently , It    was cold...and she noted in her post that she saw a '' blue tit ''

Now our Western Australian friend  @ozfarm...  interest was piqued   by this comment...and obviously  as Ozfarm must be a keen  orinthologist....:rolleyes:. (for the Canadian 's on here  ..that  means he has an interest in birds of the avian  type,,,,)....he posted a polite reply along the lines of ''was there two "blue tits "   or just the one.''....and when the reply came back..., just   one....Ozfarm went into a lot of vague detail about the usual pairing  of "blue tits ''

You can well imagine where that was heading

I waded  in...to little ,to late,  and no 'tact '...... the lady had had enough inuendo  by then....innocent and carefully phrased as it was ...thus I recieved a real bollocking , on the site...and then she sent me a PM...further castigating me  Guess you had to be there,,,but it was really amusing....and there were other incidents of varying circumstances , which were really funny....a bloke up in Canada , I think , used to post on the Construction site...very amusing bloke..maybe @hardtail  would remember him....

Mike

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

If it’s your pictures you’re after you can save them from the site yet.  This is a screenshot from my iPhone.  Not sure how it compares to Samsung or a desktop. 

C41CBCF0-B1B9-43C9-B1DB-4F0021B29569.jpeg

7139EA7E-A686-45E6-ADA0-A98B2AF39906.jpeg

God bless ye lad. Thank you a ton. I'm currently pulling and archiving all of my stuff again.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Now this is a memory, one of the tool and die guys was cooking steak in the heat treat oven at the Federal Mogul plant I worked in. They made aftermarket sleeves and pistons for most of the manufacturers as well as OEM. Now my mouth is watering..

8 hours ago, mike newman said:

...bitty...unfortunately ,it was lunch break , where i am working on that flood damage etc....thus that speil was cut short.....however, I do remember one very funny incident, about 2006....I reckon...There was an young  English woman who frequented the site in .those days...Her user name escapes me, but she posted frequently....The post I remember well, started about her garden 'maintainence.'.....spring time in the UK...Evidently , It    was cold...and she noted in her post that she saw a '' blue tit ''

Now our Western Australian friend  @ozfarm...  interest was piqued   by this comment...and obviously  as Ozfarm must be a keen  orinthologist....:rolleyes:. (for the Canadian 's on here  ..that  means he has an interest in birds of the avian  type,,,,)....he posted a polite reply along the lines of ''was there two "blue tits "   or just the one.''....and when the reply came back..., just   one....Ozfarm went into a lot of vague detail about the usual pairing  of "blue tits ''

You can well imagine where that was heading

I waded  in...to little ,to late,  and no 'tact '...... the lady had had enough inuendo  by then....innocent and carefully phrased as it was ...thus I recieved a real bollocking , on the site...and then she sent me a PM...further castigating me  Guess you had to be there,,,but it was really amusing....and there were other incidents of varying circumstances , which were really funny....a bloke up in Canada , I think , used to post on the Construction site...very amusing bloke..maybe @hardtail  would remember him....

Mike

Could it have been colt60 Mike? He was always chatting with Juliet on here. I still keep it touch with Rick a little. He’s still running equipment and managing jobs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Could it have been colt60 Mike? He was always chatting with Juliet on here. I still keep it touch with Rick a little. He’s still running equipment and managing jobs. 

...I reckon  that is spot on...thanks !!!!...I remember he was a heavy equipment  operator...good one Ryan...:)...There were others from that era, that I have forgotton

Mike

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...I reckon  that is spot on...thanks !!!!...I remember he was a heavy equipment  operator...good one Ryan...:)...There were others from that era, that I have forgotton

Mike

One of my favorite stories back then was when Rick (colt60) posted his whole ordeal with pictures going in to rescue 2 stranded truckers on the ice roads. He said I knew it was a bad sign when they had to wash the bugs off the windshield going in lol. They went in with snowmobiles and “the mighty D6”. Trucks, sleds and the cat all had a summer vacation in northern mb. Rick and the guys got a helicopter ride home after spending 3-4 days in the bush trying to get everything out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VacDaddyt said:

Now this is a memory, one of the tool and die guys was cooking steak in the heat treat oven at the Federal Mogul plant I worked in. They made aftermarket sleeves and pistons for most of the manufacturers as well as OEM. Now my mouth is watering..

Used to work with a toolmaker that took great delight in cooking with the heat-treat ovens. Claimed to have made some of his best liver and onions that way. Wasn't there for that one but have no doubt it was good.

He had also worked at Titan tire and cooked in the curing ovens there.

This gentleman liked to exploit the company anyway possible! He was very good at it.