Ih 315 corn head

MinnesotaFarmall

On 10/26/2022 at 9:05 AM, maxxum 140 said:

We have a Melroe pickup head up on one of our 914 combines and a factory IH on the other, and at least on our farm the IH head is far superior to the Melroe in every way.

I don't doubt that for a minute. OEM pickups were usually designed to fit their own headers/combines like a hand fits a glove. Melroe pickups, on the other hand, used a single pickup design to fit numerous brands of headers/combines. Most Melroe pickups that I was ever around used a goofy system of pulleys, idlers, reverse-twisted drive belts, and shafts that Rube Goldberg would be proud of....much like the system shown on the OP's combine above. Most OEMs would have taken a little more effort to make a cleaner design, that's for sure.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:21 PM, SDman said:

Also, Melroe is the original parent company for Bobcat skidsteer loaders. Based in Gwinner, North Dakota.

The way I understand it is that the Melroe family was also heavily invested in the very early Steiger tractor company and that they are the reason that the models have cat names. They wanted it to match since they owned Bobcat. 

• Like 1

I have a 205 ready for the scrap yard ☹️ two row wide head going to there also unless someone wants it loaded on their trailer . I'm in north central PA .... 

6 hours ago, acem said:

Pics please 

Combine I'll pull the motor and a few other things. Ran good 460 (gasoline) engine I believe . I was going to take snouts off corn head to repair my 1PR picker 

IMG_20221030_121943560_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221030_122010514_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221030_121936616_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221030_161933433_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221030_161943075_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221030_161915103_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221030_161926157_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, acem said:

Thanks for posting.

I've never been one before.

The tires seem awful small.

14.9-24 I think? Look small because of the 18r46 duals leaned up against it currently 

15 hours ago, bitty said:

I have a 205 ready for the scrap yard ☹️ two row wide head going to there also unless someone wants it loaded on their trailer . I'm in north central PA .... 

With the cows gone you might want to keep it to run beside the 2366 as grain acers expand !

• Haha 1