1468, Loud looking, rare cab?

stronger800

This is setting at a local repair shop. I’m fairly certain  it was purchased new by the family that still farms with it.  I’ve never stood beside it before….looks Loud.    I’m interested in the cab though….never seen one like it.   Looks like a factory IH, but different.  Anybody seen one?  Not sure what needs repair on it.  

DA420D3F-55BB-4517-B348-75222858587C.jpeg

8C220491-9B18-458D-956C-DE7B1231F266.jpeg

A052049D-B623-464F-BDB3-4445BA1EBBC9.jpeg

3D7CF2BC-CC2E-413E-BD5B-AD09B9C69CFB.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking that over, I really wonder if that cab isn't "homemade" by a really talented guy.   Based it off the IH cab, and made his own.   It just looks built out of heavier material than you would expect to see on a factory unit.   

Anybody who could make the custom manifolds for that engine could also make the cab, IMO.

• Like 2

We've got a Hinson cab on our 766 that looks almost identical, even down to the lower back glass and the small port on the right side at the back

What town does this one reside in?

I just seen a very nice 1468 this weekend with the pipes to the rear.

The elbows are interchangeable so if you swap them side to side, they fit the rear rather than the front of the manifold.

If you have two sets, you will have pipes on all four corners.

Easy enough.

I have never seen that cab in the midwest.

We had the factory, diamond, Year-Arount, Hiniker, etc..

11 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Glass packs, ain't they???

That's what I would have called 'em.  Not a lot of quiet - just take some of the edge off the sound.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Glass packs only came red, or blue, back in the day.  They were $20 in the early 90’s.  And 2 1/2” pipe was $1 a foot.  

I knew you guys would be able to identify the cab.  I’d definitely  never seen one before. Thanks. 

I think some people use glasspack as a generic term for a straight-through "muffler".  I had a Cherry Bomb on an old Datsun once upon a time.  I couldn't sneak up on anyone in it.

40 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

I think some people use glasspack as a generic term for a straight-through "muffler".  I had a Cherry Bomb on an old Datsun once upon a time.  I couldn't sneak up on anyone in it.

And you didn’t want to, either, did you??