One hot Massey!

9 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Cool gif! You gotta teach me how to do that some time! Looks warmish. 

Free to do. Found it on the Google 😊

Massey was a diesel for sure, we watched him run Saturday......says "Diesel " on the tank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I spotted this decal on a 560. Had never seen one just like it before.  Pretty cool that it was saved all these years on the machine. 

FC66AEE4-CAE8-4B37-A9F9-BFC4AD9B26B4.jpeg

763F27B0-E928-4884-B636-967D953F8088.jpeg

• Like 1

Looked at a 300 a few years ago. It had a slant 6 in it. Kinda wish sometimes I had bought it but it was a long ways from home and the tires were really dry and it hadn't ran in many years.  I suspect it might have got crushed and burried.

I believe the Minneapolis Moline is a 2290, if it is then it is identical to the first combine i ran ,a 525 Oliver. It came equipped with a sunroof a 2 row wide corn head and an eleven foot platform with a Hart Carter flexible cutter bar, If i remember correctly it held 55 bushels. Up until dad bought it all of our corn was ear picked with an M2H picker mounted on a 560 gas.

19 hours ago, WishIhada1466 said:

I was to the left in the video a little ways but saw it happen. At least he made it out of the corn before it happened.

We Also Saw the Steam,    He Kept Rolling to a Safer spot,  

We Really enjoyed that "Farm Show"

On Thursday, The beginning of the Day It was "Hot",   Afternoon Started with a Lite rain,  When the cold front went over us at Supper time, 90 Degree's went to 68 degrees.   We Had our young grand Kids with us as we watched "Earth Quake" plow a few more rounds before dark, We were told "Time to Find a Warmer spot"

The Following few Day's didn't Have Comfortable cool temp's.

Jim Droscha

On 8/31/2021 at 8:27 AM, Missouri Mule said:

It's amazing how tough some of them old 6cyl gas motors are. I'm not even sure what it has, but I've been around my gleaner, ford 300-6, 250 chevys, etc that I honestly think coolant is an option in. My gleaner rad has leaked for years, and a couple times it was probably a little low cutting fescue or wheat 😂  tough little engines. 

Dad had a 400 versatile swather. Had a 250 Ford 6. I think it was bigger than the 200 Ford. That little engine got run hot for hours more than once. Dads was a double swath so it had extra oil cooler in radiator opening. Rad , hydro cooler than hydraulic cooler with a bolt on rear grill screen. Sow thistle cotton would plug it up. I hated running that swather it was a dirty horrible job. I would let the thing run warm for a bit before cleaning radiator. The exhaust manifold would glow red all day long and that motor just kept running and running

21 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

Is that a 300?  I actually wouldn’t mind one because you don’t see them out here.  Too small of a combine.  410s had the 292 along with the JD 4400.  

Funny story, My neighbor to the north when I worked at FARMALL was a General Forman at the East Moline Plant, neighbor to the south was an incoming quality inspector at Deere's BIG parts distribution warehouse, neighbor next house south worked in Information Technology for Deere, he worked in most of their plants, and His WIFE I found out worked in material control at Deere Harvester, I've NEVER understood how Deere's procurement system works, I don't think ANYBODY does, they sure have problems getting parts for assembly. Anyhow, Neighbor's wife gets the notice a bunch of Chevy 292 engines are needed at a daily rate of 4 per day starting in 2-3 weeks, She calls the GM plant and says they have these engines on order, maybe 100 engines, probably a semi-trailer load?  She say's She needs 4 per day starting such-and-such a day, GM guy says, "We'll ship all 100 tomarrow, we built them yesterday." Same plant probably built 1500 V-8's yesterday too! Both the neighbor and his wife were amazed GM could build that many engines so fast.  I was about 12 yrs old when the folks took me thru a FORD engine plant in Detroit, all small blocks, 289 & 351, couple years too early for 302 & 400.