IH 650 Diesel part numbers needed

Thankyou

Can anyone help me out with some part numbers for my 650 diesel? I have searched but cannot find verified part numbers napa ECT for the following items.

Condenser

Primary and secondary fuel filters

• Thankyou changed the title to IH 650 Diesel part numbers needed

I'm not sure if anyone cares or would find this helpful, I have found the part numbers and I think they will be the same for all of the gas start diesels with distributors.

Condenser: Napa IH200

Secondary fuel filters (the large ones): Napa 3148

Oil filter: Napa 1155

My Napa does not have a book on these anymore, however they did give me access to the books they had and they let me dig through the stock room for several hours.

I ordered the small fuel filter from Steiner and I will post my results when I get it.

I have also ordered the carb parts to include the elusive f8 float from a carb shop.  He has the floats made out of a foam material similar to the float in a quadrajet. He also has the metal lever made so you can order the entire float assembly.  If the float is a quality piece I will post the business name and phone number.  

they are all the same points and condensers, and same with the fuel filters are the same on all these gas starts.   BUT the primary filter takes the adapter at the bottom as both filters are the same now.  case ih has these parts in stock as just bought filters.

I tried our local case dealer (titan took them over a couple years ago) and they looked at me like I was crazy.  They said they couldn't even look it up.  

Now that I posted the part numbers I will be able to look back here if I loose my notes in the future.

I know way too many really good IH parts guys,  and the owner/manager of my local NAPA store is a lazy SOB, tells you one thing you want to hear one day, next day denies ever saying it and maybe argues a little then just walks away.  I've gone there 3 times, I go to O'Reilly's now.

I've walked out with some pretty low volume IH parts that my local IH dealers had in stock, I've been shocked how high the prices were a couple times, like $18-$20 H and M oil filters, and couldn't believe how LOW the price was other times, like a $50 Cub Cadet voltage regulator, typically are over $100.

It really helps if you can give the counter guy the part number, I have parts books for most of my stuff.

2 hours ago, Farmall Doctor said:

caseIH dealers can't look up the 650, but ignition parts and fuel filters are the same as a 450...which they can look up.

Points and condenser- 407018R91

Rotor-353896R91

Oil filter- 376376R91

fuel filters- 259479R92 (both)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why can they look up parts for a 450 and not a 650. I am less impressed with Case IH dealers every time I go in there. 

Dirt_Floor_Poor

The W9-650 seem to have been primary forgotten about.  I think they are a cool tractor and I have always had a love affair with the gas start diesels. So here I am spending more money on an antique tractor than I do on my daily driven vehicle.

11 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

I couldn't get it to work. Usually isn't too hard to look up interchangeable filters online, though.

If you know the IH part number, enter it into the "Manufacturer's Part Number(s)" box(es). I felt it was worth sharing since the OP asked for Napa numbers. Given the age of these machines, having the IH parts book makes it much easier to track down and cross reference parts. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

I'll one up that...I have a set of microfiche and a good reader! hehe

The paper book is easier to come by. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thankyou said:

Dirt_Floor_Poor

The W9-650 seem to have been primary forgotten about.  I think they are a cool tractor and I have always had a love affair with the gas start diesels. So here I am spending more money on an antique tractor than I do on my daily driven vehicle.

Well I can imagine that they don’t have much call for parts anymore, but I can’t understand why they wouldn’t still have a catalog. I know John Deere doesn’t have much need for an R-830 catalog, but I know they still have them and could look up parts if you went there today. What CNH calls legacy equipment is the only reason anyone is buying Case IH now. I know lots of die hard IH guys but you have to look pretty hard to find die hard Tenneco or Fiat guys. 

I'm not sure if anyone cares or would find this helpful, I have found the part numbers and I think they will be the same for all of the gas start diesels with distributors.

Condenser: Napa IH200

Secondary fuel filters (the large ones): Napa 3148

Oil filter: Napa 1155

My Napa does not have a book on these anymore, however they did give me access to the books they had and they let me dig through the stock room for several hours.

I ordered the small fuel filter from Steiner and I will post my results when I get it.

I have also ordered the carb parts to include the elusive f8 float from a carb shop.  He has the floats made out of a foam material similar to the float in a quadrajet. He also has the metal lever made so you can order the entire float assembly.  If the float is a quality piece I will post the business name and phone number.  

This conversation is what makes this site such a valuable resource for those of us that are keeping this old iron alive.  We all have different support resources available as far as servicing dealers or parts stores. And some of you have cool old stuff like original film with part numbers.

I will try to keep posting sources and part numbers as I come across them.  Hopefully this will make it easier for people to search in the future.

6 hours ago, Thankyou said:

Dirt_Floor_Poor

I went through a dealer ownership change in 1979, and part of that process was the ability to get new parts fiche at no charge.  IIRC none of the standard tractor parts books were not part of the tractor fiche set, but could be ordered separately at cost to the new dealer.  We did not order them as we still had the paper books and seldom if ever needed to get them out.  I do not recall any of the standard tractors in this area.  
Brian

E160BHM,

I think the biggest issue you run into with the w9-650 is the fact that there isn't a row crop equivalent.  If a person has a w6-w450 you can look up most of the commonly used parts (engine,carb, electrical) as an H-450.

This is why I love these forums; people have always been so willing to help and share info. Everyone here seems to be have the hobby in their best interest.

• Like 1

my local dealer will go to the microfiche if its not online. I have a complete set of micro fiche with Letter Series Ws as well as parts books if someone needs a part number you can PM me and I will look it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

If you know the IH part number, enter it into the "Manufacturer's Part Number(s)" box(es). I felt it was worth sharing since the OP asked for Napa numbers. Given the age of these machines, having the IH parts book makes it much easier to track down and cross reference parts. 

I was hoping to find Napa numbers because some parts of the country don't seem to have as many  good IH dealers.  I feel like I am in that boat in western South Dakota.  I do not think that Napa is the best store ever (I rarely shop at our local stores.)  

Once I get further along in this project I plan on posting a full list of part numbers and sources. Hopefully I will be able to help someone in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Burkhart Farm Center in Bucyrus, Ohio has an excellent parts department.  They are one of the holdouts - single store, family owned.  They stock things that the other area dealer with 6 sites claims to be no longer available.  They ship parts by UPS daily and will help if they can.  Might be worth a try.