Snow plow on 460

AKwelder

I am getting tired of looking backwards. Anyone have pictures of a front mount snow plow on a 460 or done it them selves? I am hoping to mount a truck snow plow to the front of my wide front 460 in place of the loader, just looking at where I would tie in the frame and how it’s been done before

Not completely the same but I put a snow plow on my loader that was on my H and liked it pretty well because then you could raise a snowplow up higher to push banks back. 

• Like 1

I have an old homemade blade I pin to the loader on my 400 in place of the bucket.  Shouldn't be too hard to do something similar with a snowplow pinned to loader?

Any I've ever seen are just 5" or 6" C-channel bolted to the frame rails, extending forward over the front end. Plow lift frame is booger welded to the C-channels. Sometimes they run a diagonal brace from the plow frame to the C-channel.

I found plenty of images on google searching "Farmall M snow plow."

If you are using the old  Meyer square pin style plow frame, just weld a few "c" shaped mounts inside of the bucket, about a foot back from the front edge.

This way you still have the spring trip on the snow plow, and you can raise blade to stack snow.

If you are crafty, you can get the power angle plumbed to an auxiliary circuit.

Had this on an old JD 300 "Landscapers Special" (clapped-out beater) years ago, worked well.

keep the rear scraper blade, makes the tractor do double duty.

• Like 1

I would also replace the bucket with the plow blade this is an easier way to mount plus it can be raised higher to get out if you get in a deep spot 

Thanks for the reply’s. I need to ponder it a bit.