Farmall 400 loader

2000 and 2001 both work with the correct brackets. We had a great bend on a 400 then in '76 we put it on a new to us 450 

Screenshot_20210802-201955.png

Screenshot_20210619-180028.png

Screenshot_20210619-180116.png

I have a 2000 off I think  a 444 or similar utility on a SM  it’s a great loader the SM hydraulics are a bit slow. The former owner used the front mounting brackets and bolted them on the sides of the front of the SM he made some makeshift extensions to get to the rear axles for the rear mounts. I’d like to make the mounts over to make it a little more sturdier in the back as the mounts wiggle around  a bit in the back. I’m very impressed with the lifting capacity of the loader I feel like I’m going to break something someday asking to much of it. I used it the other day to lift a trailer to take the tires off to be changed the trailer weighs 2800#’s  it’s got a decent size bucket on it from a kubota  one of the pictures you can see the extensions that were made  and the reason it digs good it has loaded tears 4 wheel weights per side and a 5x5 plate of steel 4” thick bolted under the draw bar 

87221FF1-9194-4D84-ADE9-056CD8C86D48.jpeg

B4D9A423-12E1-467E-80F7-0542B51A2DA2.jpeg

E3B8DBDC-9480-414B-84A0-E116D168656E.jpeg

A4460863-06FA-4679-8761-83BACA5A6A57.jpeg

A9973092-ED26-4E37-84BC-75CA9D0E5358.jpeg

5B28EAD7-BB6F-4C08-931F-E13F52DF3101.jpeg

7A48A6E8-5E38-413D-8714-1177271AC79D.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Young mechanic said:

Is there somewhere that might have brackets to make one fit a 400?

Where are you located? Fabrication is one way

On 8/25/2021 at 7:46 PM, Young mechanic said:

I have a stain hoist all hydraulic loader on my 400 and was wondering if there was a more sturdy loader to put on it like a IH 2000?

we had a koyker Super K loader on ours dad was VERY hard on that loader and it never gave us a lick of trouble he rammed a couple trees and broke the tilt cylinder tubing more tahn once but outside of that never a weld on it

On 8/26/2021 at 8:51 AM, Young mechanic said:

Is there somewhere that might have brackets to make one fit a 400?

Ah a question for the ages... Loader brackets very rarely come up by themselves, and the odds of those being the ones you need to mate your chosen combination of tractor and loader fit together, are pretty slim. I've seen more loaders without brackets than brackets without loaders.

Your best bet is to find a loader that came off the same, or a similar model, tractor as the one you want to mount the loader on. Make sure you get the brackets.

• Like 1

Dad bought the Stan-Hoist loader on the M out in the shop about 1959 or 1960.  Some places it's got weld repairs over weld repairs over weld repairs, even the mounting brackets have been welded. The pipe right behind the bucket the bucket latches to has been welded, and patched, and patched again. The M&W live hyd was installed only a couple months after the loader.  It was pretty lame running off the belly pump.  SON and I used it to lift a 1600# slab of concrete couple years ago, raised it right up at idle.

The FORD loader on my Super H is all welded rectangular tubing made from 1/4" thk steel,  it barely wiggles, no welds, no cracks, no breaks. Dad bought it as scrap, prior owner lifted something really heavy as high as the loader would go, the one cylinder extended completely bent the piston rod almost 180 degrees. No damage to the loader or mounts,  two new Northern Hydraulics cylinders and it works O-K.

It would be nice sometimes if my snow blade angled but it would really add length to the tractor & loader and most of the places I clear are short pushes, I just take half width passes.

I should add that the 2000 loader is one of the easier ones to adapt to different tractors. If it came off a row crop tractor it'll fit most any other row crop tractor.

The hard part as always is finding one complete, in good shape, close enough to chase after, at a price you can agree on.

38 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

I should add that the 2000 loader is one of the easier ones to adapt to different tractors. If it came off a row crop tractor it'll fit most any other row crop tractor.

The hard part as always is finding one complete, in good shape, close enough to chase after, at a price you can agree on.

I have a 2000 and a 2001 here I was going to put on my one 450. I have since gotten my late uncle's 186 with a loader . They are around but not as common as 30 years ago

3 hours ago, bitty said:

I have a 2000 and a 2001 here I was going to put on my one 450. I have since gotten my late uncle's 186 with a loader . They are around but not as common as 30 years ago

I need a bucket cylinder for mine  if your parting one out 

• Like 1