450 TA parts

forwhldrv

3 hours ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Ordered a couple items from redrunrite. He alright to deal with. I think he only offers a&I though. Don't think there is anything wrong with that. 

Oh, people love blasting A&I stuff................when the A&I warehouse was here in town, those IH TA parts came off the truck with a certain company in Humbolt IA on the boxes............I find it amazing people think there is really alot of options for those parts these days, you have what, maybe one or two companies doing so?  Same goes for alot of parts for this old stuff.  

My brother ordered a radiator for a 2 cylinder one time from a reputable fairly well known parts supplier for them.............Long story short, guy at the warehouse here seen the name and called him, he thought it was me but didn't understand the different phone number, wanted to know why he wasn't pickup up his radiator but instead shipping it across the river 7 miles:rolleyes:   Granted, radiator came from Northern(Seen those boxes too), and was good quality, but when someone thought they were getting something not involved at all with A&I and paying more to not, I found it ironic and funny that is exactly where it came from:lol:  I could have got him the same one for alot less:P

10 minutes ago, randy hall said:

Hy-Capacity. There are dealers about anywhere, I am one.

Randy, is there any truth to the rumors that Hy Capacity is dropping several product lines?  Including most of their remanufactured products?  

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Oh, people love blasting A&I stuff................when the A&I warehouse was here in town, those IH TA parts came off the truck with a certain company in Humbolt IA on the boxes............I find it amazing people think there is really alot of options for those parts these days, you have what, maybe one or two companies doing so?  Same goes for alot of parts for this old stuff.  

My brother ordered a radiator for a 2 cylinder one time from a reputable fairly well known parts supplier for them.............Long story short, guy at the warehouse here seen the name and called him, he thought it was me but didn't understand the different phone number, wanted to know why he wasn't pickup up his radiator but instead shipping it across the river 7 miles:rolleyes:   Granted, radiator came from Northern(Seen those boxes too), and was good quality, but when someone thought they were getting something not involved at all with A&I and paying more to not, I found it ironic and funny that is exactly where it came from:lol:  I could have got him the same one for alot less:P

Not bashing a&I. I use their products all the time. I am glad there are aftermarket companies, otherwise, we would be doomed... I'm not going to pay a ton of money for consumables, i.e. mower blades/knives or rake teeth, but I do think I pays to buy the more expensive when the job warrants it. We put a hycap torque in the 1586, four years ago, and I have no complaining to do. Infact, our local cnh will only put aftermarket in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Randy, is there any truth to the rumors that Hy Capacity is dropping several product lines?  Including most of their remanufactured products?  

I am wondering that as well. Went to order a MM Jet star clutch/ppa and was told they no longer will carry it. That set fits a lot of models. Got them from Ag-parts instead.

4 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

i haven't heard that but i am like the expectant father, the last to find out. remember they got in trouble selling red power kits after reliance cheapened them up.

@Ed Leaman 

Pretty sure there is still a few manufacturers or there were 

A&I bought out BMD from Klemme IA years back. They always had pretty good parts. 

I'd rebuild it with these parts.

http://www.agpartsltd.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1045770

http://www.agpartsltd.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1045833

Or go with a complete unit, depends how bad the gears and pins are.

http://www.agpartsltd.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1045827

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

A&I bought out BMD from Klemme IA years back. They always had pretty good parts. 

I'd rebuild it with these parts.

http://www.agpartsltd.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1045770

http://www.agpartsltd.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1045833

Or go with a complete unit, depends how bad the gears and pins are.

http://www.agpartsltd.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=1045827

Ok thanks I’ll look this up to see d we here I can get it. The TA in it looks like it was fine I can’t see anything physically wrong I think it was just was out of adjustment. The little brass pins that push out on the rollers have a little mushroom on the heads other than that the TA looks fine. I’m this far into it I want to replace it to be sure everything is good I think I had a problem in the TA clutch and pressure plate. So as expensive as this may be to replace I want to do it and do it once. The TA kit with all the gaskets  looks like what I want  thanks 

17 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I wouldn't doubt it. When sales equal next to zero for a certain line of products year after year, it's bad business to continue carrying those products "just in case" someone years from now happens to need one.

The demand for parts is down like it or not. The tractors that are going to get fixed have been fixed, and they just don't get used enough to break again. Unfortunately the antique tractor hobby isn't going to grow in the near term, which is bad for the aftermarket so we'll see more and more becoming unavailable. Probably should stock up while we can.

If you want a company to continue to carry anything at all, this needs to happen. Unfortunately it leaves a few people out in the weeds.

• Like 1