Jump to content

Many of us have been there


MTO
 Share

Recommended Posts

My Sister Mary had breast cancer when was 25 years old, ovarian cancer when was in her early 30's.  Last time I talked to her, was last last week. In OCT 2021 she will be 68 YO. She continued after cancer with a sold career in forestry, she had a whole county working for her when she retired.  Her best expression is "I was always the poster Girl for the Equal Opportunity Programs."  

Never give up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Medulloblastoma is the name of this heartless disease. 

I googled it and simply cried. 

He is giving her meds anally now as she vomits up her own spit. 

How embarrassing this must be for her.

My friend is beginning to become very spastic.

Spent some time with him today and some of the things he was considering doing, to make $ for her bills, was REALLY out there.

Had to raise my voice and give him a good shake!

Then his truck broke down, too many trips to PGH, so we got it up in the air now and I took him home. 

He is simply a wreck. 

So God? 

Um, we need some help here.

Some type of relief. 

Anything will help. 

Amen...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MTO said:

Medulloblastoma is the name of this heartless disease. 

I googled it and simply cried. 

He is giving her meds anally now as she vomits up her own spit. 

How embarrassing this must be for her.

My friend is beginning to become very spastic.

Spent some time with him today and some of the things he was considering doing, to make $ for her bills, was REALLY out there.

Had to raise my voice and give him a good shake!

Then his truck broke down, too many trips to PGH, so we got it up in the air now and I took him home. 

He is simply a wreck. 

So God? 

Um, we need some help here.

Some type of relief. 

Anything will help. 

Amen...

When it rains it pours Mark. I have faith that you will get his truck going to the best of your ability and knowledge. I pray that some of his circle of friends will step in to help. And to everybody else. When you think the worst has come there is always a brighter day. And don’t doubt    The Lord above. He works in mysterious ways and just when you doubt everything a little word out of a youngster or a sign from above will show up out of the blue to remind d you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel awful for all involved this is the worst predicament I have heard of in a long time.

I read something I liked today  " Praise through the darkness and dance into the light"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MTO. 
I hope these words help…. No one fully understands Gods plans, if only we could. Lisa and I have your friend,his family and you and yours in our prayers. Simple words that I hope can give a small comfort

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MTO, remember the Bible tells us GOD’s ways are not our ways, but he knows us better than we know our selves, prayers from northern Illinois for you and your friends family

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re told being a Christian isn’t going to be easy and this is one of those cases. I pray that God has prepared your friend for this trial. 
 

Lots of wisdom in everyone’s responses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have nothing to say that will change the situation . All I can do is pray, satan wants us to lose faith an when we do it’s his victory. Keep praying an keep your faith, no matter how bad it gets we still have God. This life really stinks sometimes but it’s no where near as bad as eternity in ****

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IH 986 said:

I have nothing to say that will change the situation . All I can do is pray, satan wants us to lose faith an when we do it’s his victory. Keep praying an keep your faith, no matter how bad it gets we still have God. This life really stinks sometimes but it’s no where near as bad as eternity in ****

986, thank you but when you said "all" you can do is pray, that in itself  is really "all" anyone can ask. Powerful stuff regardless of my present anger with God.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just spoke with my friend Eric. 

He spoke with neuro oncologist today.

They have developed a treatment called proton radiation in recent years.

Maximizes productivity and mi mixes damage/ side effects.

Closest hospital is Philly and its 5 days a week for 6 weeks.

Lindsey, our young sick girl, agreed today to go through with it.

Now we are researching cost/housing  etc inPhilly.

If nothing  else, its hope.

Pray, have good thought, cross your fingers or whatever is your choice.

We have a goal as of an hour ago.

Thank you gents for taking the time to post a reply.

She told her dad she now understands the valley of death she read about in the Bible.

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who are we to question? Who are we to be angry? If God sent his own son here to be tortured and die for us, what right do we have to not expect problems. As difficult as it is, it’s times like these that will determine eternity. We must remember this and stay strong. It’s not easy, nor do I believe that it is supposed to be. I pray that these many posts are not just hollow words and that you find strength and comfort. I doubt if there is anyone on here that has not watched someone in their family or that they were close to go through a horrific, difficult to watch illness. I can’t answer why. All I know is that God is in control and he can do with my life what he will. I only hope I am strong enough to withstand whatever comes. Lord help our unbelief. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

Satan wants to destroy us all and torment us to walk away from our faith.

Cancer is a demonic thing for sure.  Watched it eat my mother in law and my dad alive.  I'm sure it's made many people walk away from God.

I believe that God doesn't do evil things, but he can't prevent all evil things because He gave us free will.

Who suffers and why remains a mystery to me, but I figure the truth of it will be revealed to us when it's time.

Hang in there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MTO said:

Just spoke with my friend Eric. 

He spoke with neuro oncologist today.

They have developed a treatment called proton radiation in recent years.

Maximizes productivity and mi mixes damage/ side effects.

Closest hospital is Philly and its 5 days a week for 6 weeks.

Lindsey, our young sick girl, agreed today to go through with it.

Now we are researching cost/housing  etc inPhilly.

If nothing  else, its hope.

Pray, have good thought, cross your fingers or whatever is your choice.

We have a goal as of an hour ago.

Thank you gents for taking the time to post a reply.

She told her dad she now understands the valley of death she read about in the Bible.

 

I recently had a bowel cancer operation. Prognosis is good but the mental roller coaster ride I've been on leading up to the operation was almost a bigger battle than the disease itself. I had the Grim Reaper sit at my table and I " get it" when a young lass like this talks about the Valley of Death. I am truly grateful to be able to keep living through the skills of some mighty surgeons and my and my families fortitude to think positive. Family Inc guys on here who has sent me constant messages of support

BJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend and his daughter Mark, is there a Ronald McDonald house or anything like that down there where she might be able to stay? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beat down the door of the hospital/ Medicaid to help pay for most of the treatment... When dad had brain cancer after his insurance they somehow did not have to pay a penny out of pocket. 

Dont take no for a answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...