Many of us have been there

MTO

But it's my friend's turn.

Father of 3, 55 yrs old, divorced.

Handyman, no big money, fills in to lead worship at our church when need arises.

Vehicles is poor repair.

House under constant disrepair. 

Paid to have his kids Christian schooled.

Youngest, Lindsey, 23, brain cancer.

I do what I can.

It won't be enough. 

Helplessness.

Top oncologist in Pgh have nothing positive to offer.

God, where are you here?

Freaking heartbreaking.

Poor girl has vomited all day for over a month. 

Helplessness sucks. 

• Sad 7

I'm really sorry to hear of that situation, that just flat out sucks. The only thing that I can offer is to keep in mind that there is a bigger plan, we just don't know what it is or why things have to happen the way they do when they do. At least that's what I tell myself during troubled times.

Prayers for him, her and all. Horrible thing, cancer does not discriminate. 

9 minutes ago, MTO said:

But it's my friend's turn.

Father of 3, 55 yrs old, divorced.

Handyman, no big money, fills in to lead worship at our church when need arises.

Vehicles is poor repair.

House under constant disrepair. 

Paid to have his kids Christian schooled.

Youngest, Lindsey, 23, brain cancer.

I do what I can.

It won't be enough. 

Helplessness.

Top oncologist in Pgh have nothing positive to offer.

God, where are you here?

Freaking heartbreaking.

Poor girl has vomited all day for over a month. 

Helplessness sucks. 

Prayers for your friend and his daughter Mark. You just never know what life and the good Lord have planned for you. On a side note a friend of mine and I do some work for he and his dad. They found a brain tumor in March he had it removed and took treatments . His doctor said it was a very treatable form being it hadn’t spread and originated in the brain.

Prayers for your friends family

Her tumor was removed.

Left her almost blind, cant walk or even keep meds down.

Insurance cut off after 7 days and sent her home.

I am pissed.

Pissed at docs/hospitals/insurance AND God.

Just called him and told him to get off his sorrow and complain and complain loud and hard.

I too would trade my life to this child, and me take her burdens. But, for reasons I also can never understand. An old faded well worn life seldom is exchanged for one so young and innocence. Helplessness can be a mighty demon. I also know this. Keep the faith, even without understanding. I will pray for her along with her family. And for you, his friend.

Please Take Care

Tim 

• Like 5

Prayers for this young lady, family, and you too Mark. Not all is meant for us to understand. That is hard. Bible says we will never be tested more than what we can bare. Just remember and be that consummate shoulder for your friend when he needs one. That can speak way more than you realize. Hang tough my friend. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this. It is a bad deal. There is proably alot more stories like this around us that we don't see and know about but when it hits one of our friends or maybe in our own family. We don't know how to act other then to be mad at doctors and even ask our selves why God is this happening to them. God does have a plan we don't just don't know it or fail to see it cause of our maddest. Will be keeping you and your friends family in prayers. Hang in there and be there for them as it sounds y'all need all the support you can get.🙏🙏

• Like 1

We don't get to know why very often in this life. But we still need to pray for each other.

Sunday studied Acts ch 3 & 4, Peter and John going into the Temple for afternoon prayers and healed the crippled beggar. It was a miracle, not that Jesus does them for us often. But he is able and I see nothing wrong with us asking in a case like this. 

• Like 1

Prayers for your friend and Daughter Also for you MTO to help bring him comfort .

I know Cancer has thrown many blows in your life , I pray that you find peace in your search for answers.

God Bless you and your friend ,

Tony

I use to think it'll get easier the older a guy gets but I think it gets harder after hearing stories like this.  Keep your chin up man.

Thoughts and prayers for your friends and you Mark,

My sister-in-law passes in '07, 26 years old from brain tumor, after surgery and full recovery it came back to win the second round. It was miserable to watch her suffer, we weren't even to our first anniversary when she was diagnosed and she was only married 2 or 3 years. Very, very hard on a close family. My wife and I had medical issues having our first, when we finally did get pregnant, we almost lost her twice before she was born. She is now 11 and has 4 siblings. When she was little she would say things about her aunt she never met that she should have never known, quite a few times actually. The good lord has a plan, we dont understand it, but some were put here for a higher calling. I would much rather they could fulfill it here, but that isnt our call. It is still tough for the family some days, but it is the cost of knowing she and God are always there. 

• Like 3

Mark, I applaud you for throwing this out here, I applaud you for letting God know you are angry, He is angry too for the evil in our world. You have every right to be angry, truly a righteous anger. The evil runs right along into the DRs, the Hospital, the Ins Co. and how we are treated. Those are unrighteous evil injustices we should be angry about. The positive side of Anger is PASSION!!! We are passionate about the injustice, we are passionate to see Wrong Righted. We are passionate to see healing, bring comfort to our friends who are suffering, passionate enough to lay it out here to grieve with others as its to heavy of a burden to bear alone. Dark places like this are grieving, overwhelming, depressing and I have no clue what it would be like ( outside of other health issues for my kids ) to watch my child suffer with cancer. I havent been exactly there. 

My heart/spirit groans for you, for your friend, for their family. I hate this stuff as much as you. It isnt fair!!! 

Satan wants to destroy us all and torment us to walk away from our faith. I am so sorry, I wish like you there was something we could do, some magic fix. 

Please God comfort these people and give them some relief, we petition you for a miracle. 

I have watched Glioblastoma Multiforme brain cancer take a member of my family who was like a father to me. A mentor co-worker who I admired/respected. I pray oh how I pray for all of you. 

Robert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1