Jump to content

Prayers requested


Frank H
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone.  I don't have anything physically wrong with me. My family life is great and I love my wife and kids. I am just having a hard time worrying about my oldest leaving for the Marines in December,  the state of my country that I love,  the idiots in Washington,  and the horsefeathers I hear from the news every day.  I am angry on a level that I am having a hard time controlling.  When I deal with folks on the opposite side,  I am ready to fight, physically,  not just verbally.  I don't want to hurt anyone and I need God's help.  I am praying that I can be forgiving and Christian in the way I treat others.  If you can pray for me, I would be obliged.  I really can use some of Christ's gentleness.  

Thank you, 

Frank

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure your not the only one who feels that way. Upsets me but I think there are forces at work that want us to feel that way and maybe even do some of the those things so they can react to it. I hope I'm wrong.  In any case hang in there and we all best be praying for each other and our country. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prayers for helping you with this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I empathize with you. 

   Seeing what is going on in all levels of our country makes one confused and angry.

   Focus on praying that your Son is shielded from all evil.

     Prayers from here.

 Tony 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank......the concerns you have, are shared by so many of us......even in different countries,  but with the  same witless  morons  ''running ''  our respective countries.....

...the  cartel of Socialist hags down here are causing huge  concerns for Farmers and Exporters  ....and business people in general.....of course, if you don't work....well, its all good...just throw out that useless hand...and the pieces of silver  will be placed therein........................with little thought for tomorrow.....🙏🏻

Mike

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Frank H said:

I am praying that I can be forgiving and Christian in the way I treat others

That is part of my morning prayers as well.

I wish you the best for your son.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I'm pretty sure your not the only one who feels that way. Upsets me but I think there are forces at work that want us to feel that way and maybe even do some of the those things so they can react to it. I hope I'm wrong.  In any case hang in there and we all best be praying for each other and our country. 

I think you're absolutely right about that.  Like a bully slapping someone across the face till they finally react.

If and when we finally react, I'm afraid the bridge will have been burned.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank, I have some sense of your feelings. Our oldest son left for the Marine Corps just as the first foray in the desert was widing up. Fortunately he was never deployed but came close several times. To make matters worse, the recruiter picked him up first thing in the morning of his mothers birthday! Talk about the oldest leaving the nest! The thing that I remember most was the recruiter telling us that if there was an emergency that we had to get ahold of our son for, the Red Cross needed to make the arrangements, but to call the recruiting office and they would open the doors for the Red Cross. The recruiter also called us a few times while our son was at Parris Island to check on us, but more importantly to be sure everything seemed OK to us about our sons letters home. Also, the concern and caring about all of us from former marines we knew! They look out for each other In fact, one of our friends had enlisted in the Marines in June of 68 and spent his enlistment in Hawaii. He's as amazed as everyone else. I feel your concern. Please thank you son for me for being willing to volunteer to keep us safe!

John

PS: Sorry to get long-winded

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Frank H said:

Hi everyone.  I don't have anything physically wrong with me. My family life is great and I love my wife and kids. I am just having a hard time worrying about my oldest leaving for the Marines in December,  the state of my country that I love,  the idiots in Washington,  and the horsefeathers I hear from the news every day.  I am angry on a level that I am having a hard time controlling.  When I deal with folks on the opposite side,  I am ready to fight, physically,  not just verbally.  I don't want to hurt anyone and I need God's help.  I am praying that I can be forgiving and Christian in the way I treat others.  If you can pray for me, I would be obliged.  I really can use some of Christ's gentleness.  

Thank you, 

Frank

hey frank, similar sentiments from many of us and where we are, its a rough time for all, we dont understand it, we hate seeing the evil around us, we are truly battling powers and principalities and darkness. Its got to be one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life to keep propped up daily and somehow keep my attitude up and be a light to those who are hurting and more desperate. My bulb is dim, my heart is heavy but I keep moving in the power of the Lord, its all we have and our families and brothers/sisters and our Lord needs us now more than ever. 

If we were all flat out honest I would bet we could all use the prayers you are soliciting daily, I know I do. God created us for relationship, not just with Him but for all of us to endure this pain and struggle. 

I will add my prayers for you and all of us including myself. Its going to take all of our strength. When I am weak, HE is strong. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prayers from Indiana. I understand your anxiety. My son served 7 years in the Air Force traveling all over the world. Many times he would call me telling me he was going abroad but couldn't tell me where He was going or how long he would be gone. Prayers for his safety and for you to have peace.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I admire your humility. I wish I had it. I just tend to think all my anger is righteous and justified. Some may be, but Godly guidance humbly requested can only help.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, KWRB said:

I admire your humility. I wish I had it. I just tend to think all my anger is righteous and justified. Some may be, but Godly guidance humbly requested can only help.

The reason I need His help is I get to thinking all my anger is righteous and justified. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...