all time, windows down, rocking out, speaker blowing song for you?

vtfireman85

29 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

Hollies Long cool woman 

That song come up on almost every pandora station, apparently it is like everything. 

Okay Okay. I know the topic was "All Time...", which implies only one. I was a teenage boy in the country in the early 2000's. My car was my sanctuary and my therapy. God Bless the 1990 Ford Tempo!

I posted For Whom The Bell Tolls, but just about anything by Metallica gets turned up to 11 in the car. In the interest of variety, I won't post more than one by any one artist.

There are a few others that come to mind for driving and blasting.

Heck, the title of this one is the name of a famous car!

More Airdrumming!

In addition to windows down blasting the speakers, this one I'll yell out until my throat is sore!

And a little tempo/genre shift. My fellow politically disillusioned would appreciate this one.

• Like 1

I can't stop at one, so my list was pretty tough to compile.  I could easiy add 10 more.  Ask me tomorrow and the list would change.  Caution...it's eclectic.

"Nobody's Fault But Mine" by Led Zepplin  (it showcases each band member so well)

"Sure Shot" by the Beastie Boys

"You Wreck Me" by Tom Petty

"Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who

"Superstition" by Stevie Wonder

Good topic.  It is interesting reading everybody's choices.

I never expected to see Southern Culture on the Skids (S.C.O.T.S) on here.  Hat tip to Absent Minded Farmer.  I thoroughly enjoy Dirt Track Date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

From experience when I was in high school, Looks that Kill, by Motley Crue was hard on speakers, or anything off the Shout at the Devil album for that matter.

I like the hard rock from the early 2000s now and listen to Turbo alot. Always turn up the song "Remember" by Disturbed, and pretty much anything by Linkin Park

I listen to Turbo quite a bit, kinda irritating that its a Tool and Korn overplaying station somedays but thats radio in general anymore.   

Ive kinda got too many to name, most of the stuff I blast is hard stuff.  When i listen to oldies the other half of the time its to be mellow.  

AC/DC, It's a long way to the top.

Doors, LA Woman.

Rush, Red Barcheta, which is only played about twice a year on the radio in these parts!

I could go on but need to get up and moving, broken bolt to extract from the 7.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KWRB said:

Okay Okay. I know the topic was "All Time...", which implies only one. I was a teenage boy in the country in the early 2000's. My car was my sanctuary and my therapy. God Bless the 1990 Ford Tempo!

I posted For Whom The Bell Tolls, but just about anything by Metallica gets turned up to 11 in the car. In the interest of variety, I won't post more than one by any one artist.

There are a few others that come to mind for driving and blasting.

Heck, the title of this one is the name of a famous car!

More Airdrumming!

In addition to windows down blasting the speakers, this one I'll yell out until my throat is sore!

And a little tempo/genre shift. My fellow politically disillusioned would appreciate this one.

,oh  dear Lord......and this the  nice  bloke that started the ''dog' thread.....a wonderful tribute to our four legged mates.....who puts such grim''' musical"" excrement on here.    (  I use the word ""musical "" with some degree of trepidation ...) ...that it is so  grotesque.......too insensitive for our cultured   ears down under.....:wacko:

Mike

Dang...lucky I have been spared that one......

• Haha 1

On self powered system, CV dual 8" monitor and EV 18" sub

Alison Krauss , "Missing You".

Billy Joel "Mandy"

Sissel "Going Home"

Mary Duff "Making Believe"

Hoyt Axton "An Old Greyhound"

Jimmy Rodgers "Waiting for a Train"

I have 2000 songs on a memory stick, I just plug it in and let it rip! If I hear something that appeals today, I set it to repeat. 

3 hours ago, mike newman said:

,oh  dear Lord......and this the  nice  bloke that started the ''dog' thread.....a wonderful tribute to our four legged mates.....who puts such grim''' musical"" excrement on here.    (  I use the word ""musical "" with some degree of trepidation ...) ...that it is so  grotesque.......too insensitive for our cultured   ears down under.....:wacko:

Mike

Dang...lucky I have been spared that one......

The same!

I also started the "unmanly traits" thread.

Aggressive music is cathartic for me. I've always felt it's how I purge anger, aggression, or any other unhelpful emotion.

I like beautiful things. But, I guess unlike some, I find beauty in power, volume and speed too, especially when combined with poetry. So many lyrics are about "pretty women" and that's so played out. That first song for example, is about the butchery of the earth and all it's defenseless inhabitants. To me, it's about abortion. The narrator is desperate and wants to just leave the planet and the monsters that inhabit it. I can relate.

Dragula is just fun, and an ode to The Munsters.

Black No. 1 needs to be listened to through a historical lens. When this song came out (at least, when I first heard it) "fashion" included girls dying their hair jet black. It reminds me of my awkward youth and a few of the metal head girls I crushed on.

Bullet With a Name is the auditory equivalent of splitting cordwood to exorcize bad feelings. I almost feel tired and relaxed after yelling along to it.

I Get By is a song about being disallusioned; it's emotional and I can appreciate that. A similar song called White Trash Beautiful, I like just as much.

There's beauty everywhere, friends.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Craig61019 said:

Okay you have brought up some VERY great songs and artist, if you want off the beaten path try five finger death punch doing a cover of Kenny Wayne shepherds blue on black😎

Yes! It is firmly in my playlist!  Love some good covers. 

Skynyrd Freebird 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lightninboy said:

Iconic singer and songwriter Bret Michaels will be performing at the South Dakota State Fair this year.

On Friday, Sept. 3, Michaels will be performing on the fair's grandstanding, with an opening performance provided by the band WARRANT.

Poison, and Warrant are good too!!!

9 hours ago, oleman said:

Billy Joel "Mandy"

what is it with jewish guys and catholic girls? Billy Joel, Paul Simon, I am sure the list goes on. 

i couldnt even begin to put down one, i never went for heavy metal, i am a cross between long hair bands and country, dont care much for the really old country but i do like me some johnny cash now/then. 

my ears are shot from loud music, playing instruments in all of the bands offered in school, shooting guns and loud tractors and vehicles. 

i will say a good 1/3 of the posts here were way out of my league 

• Like 1