all time, windows down, rocking out, speaker blowing song for you?

vtfireman85

Apart from the late Charlie Pride.........all that other stuff is just that bloody long haired music.......you can   take it..or in my case , leave it....:o

...for my simple tastes, America  , per se,   provided  a plethora of great music...with actual lyrics...rather than the tuneless dirge and aimless bellowing   that Jeep lovers and others, seem to be stricken with.....:D

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

For me it was AC/DC “You Shook Me All Night Long” in high school. This was late 90’s. I listened to CCR and about any other “classic rock” but I wore out a “Back in Black” album once I went from tapes to those new fangled CD things. Had a lot of vintage country also. Still like the older stuff much better than new. “Fishin in The Dark” was another all time favorite I have cranked up a time or two. Much better with the ladies than AC/DC typically 😉

• Like 4

AC/DC---- You shook me all night long, Back in black, thunder struck,Hells bells. Bellamy Brothers--- Do you love as good as you look. Little River Band --- Lonesome loser. Europe--- Carrie. Def Leppard--- Love bites. Damn Yankees--- High enough. Joe Walsh--- Life's been good. Sorry can't pick just one.

• Like 4

Def Leppard the WHOLE Pyromania album ...... ACDC ..... Brad Paisley can put some serious rocking in some of his songs like this one 

• Like 3

Sorry guys.... I'm showin' my age, but Rock and Roll wasn't the same after Jimmy and Janis died, and Grace quit doing acid. Never into beads and hair unless you call white walls hair. I'm into anything pre 1970 regarding Rock and Roll

But.... crazy as it may seem. I can listen to Meatloaf all day long. Just the way Meat feels the lyrics and the way Jim Steinman put the words together to mean different things to different people.  If you can't relate to "Paradise by the dashboard light" you have never been 17 in the back of a 53 Mercury in a corn field in July.

Well ok, Bob Seger has a couple good ones too.   Night Moves and Like a Rock.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Apart from the late Charlie Pride.........all that other stuff is just that bloody long haired music.......you can   take it..or in my case , leave it....:o

...for my simple tastes, America  , per se,   provided  a plethora of great music...with actual lyrics...rather than the tuneless dirge and aimless bellowing   that Jeep lovers and others, seem to be stricken with.....:D

Mike

Ya ought to give it a chance mike! There are some real word smiths out there😉i like Charlie Pride as much as the next fellow! Other good stuff too, they were on the radio the other day talking about Stone Temple Pilots, don’t remember who in the band talking about the importance of listening to all types of music, how it makes a person a much better musician, sound advice, i love lots of stuff. 

2 minutes ago, dads706 said:

Sorry guys.... I'm showin' my age, but Rock and Roll wasn't the same after Jimmy and Janis died, and Grace quit doing acid. Never into beads and hair unless you call white walls hair. I'm into anything pre 1970 regarding Rock and Roll

Yes Jimmy and Janis we’re hard to beat. As said hard to pick one. 

John

• Like 2

Ok, I know of enough music to post here that would send the server into meltdown. I'll stick to these few offerings for this music post.

Well, maybe one more....

Oh wait..... & this one....

That is all......

Mike

54 minutes ago, farmer john 8910 said:

Monkey Business by Skid Row

I like monkey business but I like Slave to the grind better

• Like 1

Money For Nothing - best guitar intro ever!

Poison - Nothin’ But A Good Time

AC/DC - Thunderstruck  and Shoot To Thrill

ANYTHING by the Bellamy Brothers

Copperhead Road by Steve Earle, also Guitar Town

Wild Horses by Garth Brooks- that’s hard to admit because I detest Garth Brooks’ music except for the ‘No Fences’ album

Jesse’s Girl, Manic Monday, Runnin’ On Empty, various others will test the limits of Peterbilt American Class speakers

• Like 8

Boston, More than a feeling, 

Joan Jett I love rock ‘n’ roll. Ex wife’s cousin was Joan’s drummer for a while, got to go back stage at one of her concerts

• Like 4

I forgot about Boston ....

Kansas 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

I dint know why on this but lonesome dove by Garth Brooks

Not exactly blowing speakers out on that one, but it is a terrific song.