Cajun Queen sighting

Steve C.

Grandson and I went to Pinckneyville for the Threshermen's Picnic and tractor pull, and came across this old girl.

This is the first Cajun Queen, a 4020.  Cajun Queen II was a 4320.  I got to watch it pull once, at Bethany, MO - finished first in whatever heavy super stock class it was in, after Van Botkins backed off the throttle to keep from passing the pace tractor, then nailed it again and went out the gate.  Cajun Queen III was a 4430.

The picture of the plaque has the queens' history.

Cajun Queen I.jpeg

Cajun Queen 2.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Yellow IH weights made all the difference 😊

And the off color pistons from a 466 so said Eddie one time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Red Flyer said:

Didn't think it was a 466?  Thought it was another red power plant which ended them up at 466 in the Deere block?  Wasn't Van shooting for something over 500 cubes at the start and they couldn't do it?

40 minutes ago, Red Flyer said:

I remember the interview with Eddie where I believe he said the pistons were from the IH 429.

1 hour ago, acem said:

If they were from Missouri why did they call her Cajun Queen?

Don't know, but the dealership is in Mexico, MO, so there's that.

6 hours ago, mike newman said:

...read the topic   title......thought you were heading down to New Orleans.....;)

..for a night of sin and debauchery.......:rolleyes:

Mike

Aw, c'mon,, man.

36 minutes ago, red2thebone sr said:

194F8756-8C93-4E2D-8346-274DC4EB16AD.thumb.jpeg.3908e6675761b50a624afff3de1c0b4a.jpeg74C4875F-578D-40F4-99CC-186B2385984A.jpeg.38ac567d39e52d97b5ea15777a3a19b4.jpegFD94C201-5D99-4008-B09C-EFBD46AA4F70.thumb.jpeg.29ca19501daf3560244148463460397c.jpegE31E60EF-AABA-4F4A-BE86-EA17FFD7EBF1.thumb.jpeg.ec387de041169e605d4c449b2e46d208.jpeg19506278-5946-4FE9-9129-1D3FA926007C.jpeg.a8addfc82a8a920ae7cab3c61312d9a4.jpegNotice no bump in the hood for the turbos. Heard Eddie decided to not put them on as Van is no longer with us.  I was fortunate enough to have seen all 3 of the Queens pull.  Was a real battle  between them and IH. 

Thanks for this.  What were you saying about the hood?

Does she still have the 466, only n.a.?

28 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Green upsets my stomach.

Green never threatened red much until the Queens came along.

I remember telling my IH dealer about watching Cajun Queen II and being impressed.  He said "it's got some red parts in it too".

I thought he was kidding me, but now I know that it did have IH pistons.

2 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Thanks for this.  What were you saying about the hood?

Does she still have the 466, only n.a.?

As the turbos got bigger they ran out of room under the hood. Modified the hoods with a hump in them to make more room. CQ1 may not originally had the hump but pretty sure it did later. 2 and 3 had the humps. Blaine who used to post here had several CQ photos posted on PullOff.com. Think he went by BG IH on there. 
Not sure if they put the 466 in. Supposedly they didn’t put the turbo setup back on it. Guess Van did the turbo setup and Eddie decided out of respect for Van to leave them off. Va passed several years ago. 
My son told me most of this.  He was getting it from Facebook but I don’t know where. 

7 minutes ago, red2thebone sr said:

As the turbos got bigger they ran out of room under the hood. Modified the hoods with a hump in them to make more room. CQ1 may not originally had the hump but pretty sure it did later. 2 and 3 had the humps. Blaine who used to post here had several CQ photos posted on PullOff.com. Think he went by BG IH on there. 
Not sure if they put the 466 in. Supposedly they didn’t put the turbo setup back on it. Guess Van did the turbo setup and Eddie decided out of respect for Van to leave them off. Va passed several years ago. 
My son told me most of this.  He was getting it from Facebook but I don’t know where. 

There were several 4020s in my old stompin' ground that had a body-shop fiberglass hood bulge.  The local souper-upper guy (Tim Novak - RIP) wanted to see the air and exhaust move as directly as possible so he fabbed his installs without the space constraints of that smooth sleek hood.