It's my brother's fault

bitty

12 hours ago, pt756 said:

Hey Bitty, was there a 120 acre land auction in your state yesterday? the reason i ask is that i was told if the guy gets the right price he is going to buy a recently listed farm in our area, i am sure the sale was an amish or mennonite, the farm in our area is listed for about 1.3 million, about 130 acres and 15o stall barn with a milking parlor, is it getting just to expensive in some area of penn, to farm?

I'm not aware of this particular sale either.  Doing the math that 1.3 million in your neighborhood could easily be double here.  I guess it makes sense that people are relocating to places were their $ can go a little further on land.  Right or wrong one thing we have going for us here is proximity to major markets.

3 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

I'm not aware of this particular sale either.  Doing the math that 1.3 million in your neighborhood could easily be double here.  I guess it makes sense that people are relocating to places were their $ can go a little further on land.  Right or wrong one thing we have going for us here is proximity to major markets.

X2

2 hours ago, IHKeith said:

I’m in eastern Ontario 

Ok. I thought you were in NY. Nice looking truck and it was driven respectably 

well one good thing about all the amish or mennonites that move here we have a lot of good repair shops, found one today that actually was able to fix our 200 amp battery charger, there was 2 circuit breakers that were in bad shape,

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I removed the starter and sparkplugs and it barred over easily after the first little bit it was stuck ( we had removed the plugs and sprayed lots of JB80 in it when we got home with it) . Sleeves look of what I can see looking in the plug holes. I have the exhaust covered better than it was before as the pipe is loose in the manifold. The shifter is stuck front to back and gummed up side to side so transmission deck plate removal is imminent although the bolt heads look questionable. It's closer to pushing it inside but the other 230 George and I replaced the left rear axle snapped the right one now  I think. I was able to drive it by holding the right brake 

• Like 2

Bitty as busy as things get I give you credit for circling back to your projects periodically.  I probably have some things on the back burner that will never get done.  Do you find yourself having more down time in the winter months for projects?  I still have a lot to do before winter but hope to finish up some outside stuff soon.  When it is dark at 5 or 6pm I find myself without the same motivation as when it is light until close to 9pm.  

9 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

Bitty as busy as things get I give you credit for circling back to your projects periodically.  I probably have some things on the back burner that will never get done.  Do you find yourself having more down time in the winter months for projects?  I still have a lot to do before winter but hope to finish up some outside stuff soon.  When it is dark at 5 or 6pm I find myself without the same motivation as when it is light until close to 9pm.  

I have variable workload. It was something I noticed after church and I thought I needed to get it cranked over before freezing weather hits as it might have had water in the sleeves . 

I had asked George to remove the starter and plugs but I ended up getting to it before him . I have been picking on him as he wants the 240 fenders on his 230 and I really wasn't wanting to get rid of them 

• Like 2