Someone with no clue

jass1660

1 hour ago, nomorejohndeere said:

someone else with no clue

ie..case IH didn't make trucks 

didn't realize your thread was so serious or considered so special

He is "special" trust me.😂😂😂

And i figured this was a Biden post by title.

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

That’s just a 1066 black stripe, there’s no hydraulic dip stick tube or dip stick in the rear of the tractor, that’s in the 66 location.  I’m guessing the 2nd 6 in 1066 got messed up a little, or not stamped correctly, so it’s hard to tell if it’s a 6 or 8?!

IF this tractor was in fact a 1066 and at sometime in its life something happened to it and a rear half of a 1086 was swapped out to it the top cover for the rear housing would have to be changed over also correct???  Actually, both rear covers would have to be changed or you wouldn't be able to add or check the oil level. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

He is "special" trust me.😂😂😂

And i figured this was a Biden post by title.

I’d have to be to travel dam near to Canada to see a guy like you….🤣🤣

• Like 1

That ad wasn’t so long. All it contained to my eyes was , think, seemed, good, couple, at times, what I’m told, I’ll send you the part when it comes. For the visuals, all I saw was a lot of red paint bleeding through the black. This was a tack used by unscrupulous Allis-Chalmers owners to hide the less reliable nature of the brown bellies. 

I politely asked him to send more photos and he did.

It is definitely a 1066, true black stripe. Came with a cab, still has the cab floor plates. the fenders are mounted to the rear cab mounts.

The complete serial number is 2610178U059671

1546289333_1066SerialNumberTagLooksLike1086.thumb.jpg.c21847aa192cc8cc7b95e4172cd17414.jpg

Wow,I completely missed those cab mount bracket/fender adapters.  I had noted  the 66 deluxe cab paint fade on the hoods, the cab style insulation around the gauges and the trim ring for the boot around the brake pedals.  Did he relist it as a BS1066 yet? 

5 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Wow,I completely missed those cab mount bracket/fender adapters.  I had noted  the 66 deluxe cab paint fade on the hoods, the cab style insulation around the gauges and the trim ring for the boot around the brake pedals.  Did he relist it as a BS1066 yet? 

i just finished e-mailing him with my final opinion and description right before I posted here.

8 hours ago, Maynard said:

i just finished e-mailing him with my final opinion and description right before I posted here.

Were you able to convince him? He seemed to have his mind pretty well made up, and I can't imagine that one more faceless "know it all" sending him anonymous emails about how wrong he is would change his opinion.

21 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Were you able to convince him? He seemed to have his mind pretty well made up, and I can't imagine that one more faceless "know it all" sending him anonymous emails about how wrong he is would change his opinion.

I didn’t just up and tell him he was wrong. I asked for more pictures of specific areas of the tractor then explained to him what I saw, including that 1086 series serial numbers never went as high as the number on that tag.  I started the conversation telling him that I had worked at IH and CaseIH dealerships since January of 1975.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

3 hours ago, stronger800 said:

All I know is if it was listed as a bs1066, here in ny, even looking like that, he’d have sold it already 

Yes he has now changed it to 1066 black stripe.

• Like 3

Good job, sounds like you took a good approach and he listened.  Iam just glade It’s not closer.  Lol. 
 I have a soft spot for misfits and fence rows finds. 😊

• Haha 2