3082 backhoe

GeorgeD

phone is usually not the best method for equip discounts.

currently faux crisis has 4x the $ and EVERYTHING is those pictures is geared to weekend warrior cidiotes whom have 6x $ to burn and figure if its china (*&_*  and breaks simply buy another

put the shoe on the other foot and try to sell one to that s/tealer... $350 they seem to stick with the 10x pricing rule

save you $ for a real TLB, rent for the project and or buy low hour from said rental,after the crisis

neighbor could/does break them digging snow,but gets +- 1K hrs out of bradco which WERE $4800 NEW

1 hour ago, GeorgeD said:

I thought it was a lot too but he won’t come down anymore over the phone. 

That’s why I said take cash to the guy. We are a visual society. When he sees a stack of hundreds in your hand , he might be more pliable. Part of the problem is it has collector value because of the name. We just have to face that. It doesn’t really matter what they’re going for elsewhere, the bottom line is what he’s willing to take against what you’re willing to pay. You could find one cheaper but probably be farther away and the savings would be lost in time and transport. I don’t know where you are but the one for $1000 I saw I think was In Colorado so I don’t know if that works for you or not. In short, if you were already willing to spend $3500, and it is near by, and it won’t take food out of your kid’s mouths, I’d go for it. Go online and look for them . I found 4 in about 5 minutes and I had never heard of them before .

I bought an 806 one time, guy threw the 3pt backhoe in for free.    2 buckets, a 24" and a 12" with a kicker flap.   I had to work on the joystick controller, (aluminum housing was worn out and snap rings would blow out allowing a shower of oil to fountain all over you) , I machined a plate to bolt over the whole thing to hold all the spools in.   Its a 2 stick, and works great now.   The 806 is gone, the backhoe is still waiting for the next water pipe leak.   Dug a bunch of foundation trenches & water lines with that narrow bucket!

I also have used a "real" TLB....and yes, no comparison.   Still way better than a shovel!

We have a Case-Davis trencher with a backhoe on it. There is basically no parts support for it. We had trouble with the backhoe valve on it and we just put a generic one (two stick) on it from a local hydraulic shop. If the controls are hard to deal with and you end up using it very much I’d just get one like we did. 

Picked up the backhoe today. Pretty clean overall. Needs to be pressure washed and then I will see what leaks I have to deal with. Everything works though. Tried it out this morning. Only thing I noticed so far is that one of the stabilizers has a slow leak. Bled down on the ride home. Pretty happy overall though. 

• Like 2