IH 843 corn head?

wendyoakscubs

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any leads on a useable IH 843 or 943 corn head that could be bought in Eastern Iowa or surrounding states. I have been looking for one for quite some time and not having much luck. I see a couple on tractorhouse, but was hoping not to make a 4 to 5 hour drive one way. If I have to, I will, but just trying more local first. Not trying to make a classified ad here, just wondered if anyone on here had any leads. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

I don’t know if you’d be interested or not, but there are probably tons of Deere 443 heads out there. I doubt if an adapter would be hard to find used either. In my area old Deere 4 rows aren’t worth anything and are still plentiful. From my personal experience Deere 40 series heads are very good heads and aftermarket parts are plentiful. 

29 minutes ago, farmer john 8910 said:

We have narrowed up several 38” heads maybe try an 844 should be plenty around 

Its not for sale, but my 715 has an 844 head made over to 30" rows.

Check with Boak family Farms in Western PA. They kind of specialize in smaller older combines and heads. I would bet they have one.

I will admit I have looked at marketplace without being on Facebook and yes, it seems that is mainstream now for buying and selling. I can't say I really need much in the way of equipment other than a head. But, of course there is always a want list. Ha. 

Thanks for the heads up about Bigiron. I'll check it out.