Holy Big Mac there Batman!!!!

dads706

I would rather have a root canal with a dull chain saw than eat at McD's. But..... every so often I crave their salty fries. Wife and I were out this afternoon, and it was close to lunch time so...... in we go. We ate in the car, and I made sure to order everything 'HOT" well we got hot fries and warm sandwiches. (hey, the main reason we went was for the fries anyway). The sandwich order was screwed up, but that is to be considered 'good enough' for McD.   But....... the reason for this post......

1 Big Mac meal, 1 Fish sandwich meal, 2 drinks. =  get ready for it................................. a couple cents shy of $22.00

HE!!, I could have gone into a family sitdown restaurant for the same money. (and actually got a decent meal)

I guess I'm a slow learner. It'll be another couple years before I get the urge again. I'd better make sure I have a $50 with me the next time.   

• Sad 4

Don’t know where you sit down  and eat for $22.00. We have a nice family owned restaurant that has good food, we really like their Wednesday lunch fish sandwich, with drinks and possibly a appetizer it is easily $27-$28 bucks plus a tip😎

23 minutes ago, dads706 said:

I would rather have a root canal with a dull chain saw than eat at McD's. But..... every so often I crave their salty fries. Wife and I were out this afternoon, and it was close to lunch time so...... in we go. We ate in the car, and I made sure to order everything 'HOT" well we got hot fries and warm sandwiches. (hey, the main reason we went was for the fries anyway). The sandwich order was screwed up, but that is to be considered 'good enough' for McD.   But....... the reason for this post......

1 Big Mac meal, 1 Fish sandwich meal, 2 drinks. =  get ready for it................................. a couple cents shy of $22.00

HE!!, I could have gone into a family sitdown restaurant for the same money. (and actually got a decent meal)

I guess I'm a slow learner. It'll be another couple years before I get the urge again. I'd better make sure I have a $50 with me the next time.   

Yup. It’s the new normal everyone is talking about…

• Like 1

I went through the drive up the other day......$8.65 total.......gave her $9.00.......got $.42 back.......?????????????

Threw all $.42 in the McDonald's kids bucket......at least the fries were hot.....

Best thing going  in Lincoln is a BBQ place called.  “Hog Wild”

Lunch special is a Drink, pulled pork sandwich and  one side for $5.99

Best BBQ in town .  30th and Cornhusker Highway , north side .

Their slogan Dont Be Late We Close At Eight.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Best thing going  in Lincoln is a BBQ place called.  “Hog Wild”

Lunch special is a Drink, pulled pork sandwich and  one side for $5.99

Best BBQ in town .  30th and Cornhusker Highway , north side .

Their slogan Dont Be Late We Close At Eight.

Hey, went thru Lincoln bout a year ago and had the best cookies ever. Don't remember the name of the place but they said they deliver all over town.😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrfred54 said:

Hey, went thru Lincoln bout a year ago and had the best cookies ever. Don't remember the name of the place but they said they deliver all over town.😀

That was either “The Cookie Company”  or “Eileans” or a place called “The Warm Cookie”. 

The warm Cookie is the best . Their on Highway 2 ,  South Lincoln . 

• Like 1

Ummm..... $22 at McD.  Did you have a coupon?  I got the milkers egg McMuffins for a treat yesterday.  4 just muffins and it was like $15.  I noticed a BigMac meal is just under $10, just the burger was $8.xx.  We went to the auction market with girls last week to watch dairy sale and get a good cheese burger.  4 cheese burgers (little greasy kind) and 3 shakes and a coffee... $48 bucks.  The majority of sit down restaurants in my county are $15+ for burger and fry meal, no drink.  Want fish and chips?  $18.  How about a yummy club sandwich?  $16   Omelets ...$14.  Dang cup of coffee $2.50, latte $5.50.  Best deal frankly is the Dairy Queen, $6 for cheese burger, fries, drink, and little sundae.  Dang near the only place we take the kids for dinner if we go out now.  Anywhere else if $60 for us to just get a simple family restaurant type meal.  You cant take your wife for a steak and beer for under $65 now either.   Funny....I notice 'to the producer' food prices are not really any different.... 

Near $14 min wage now and the politicians are complaining about the little guy cant afford anything.  Well everyone raised prices to compensate.  High min wage is always shown to decrease buying power and hurt the min wage earner.  100% of the time.  AND keep unskilled from becoming skilled since hard to afford a guy for 14+ who dont know anything.  Min wage was a learning wage NOT a living wage.  Now the left thinks its some sorta "right", all its doing isd hurting those who want to learn.  USA had a HUGE issue with passing learning onto the younger gen for this, and other, reasons.  Lots of book knowledge and little hands on knowledge is being taught.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

They have ice cream? 

sorta like...

actually, the caramel sundae is my favorite.

Don't forget that McD's for the most part embraced the new minimum wage increase movement. So like any business the added expense got passed on to our back pockets. Our local McD's has a large hiring banner displayed  next to the highway. In large bold red type broadcasting, HIRING $11.00 PER HOUR STARTING WAGE. Not the $15.00 demanded by many, but still not able to open the lobby most days caused by the lack of employees. At least thats what the small local paper says. 

Personally 2 eating for $22 I would not complain.  But the prices partially go back to another topic talking about how hard it is to get help.  If you have to compete with government benefits and pay up to get help what do you think that will do to the prices you charge?  Obviously the elites in our government can't figure that out.  

If I take my wife and kids out to eat and it's under $75 I'm lucky. And that's just at somewhere mediocre. So I figure $20 a head for dinner. I always used to spend $10 for lunch. So $22 is about right for today's prices. I know where your coming from it's not right. Big question here is where do we go from here?? Go to the grocery store and throw some stuff in the cart its $200. When I was younger my mom hated grocery shopping. About once a month she would go get everything at once. I remember her bill over $100 and she had 2 carts full. We are good for a week or so then it was back to getting creative with lunch meat, hot dogs, and cheese. We made do. 

• Like 2

My 9 year old daughter loves the Happy meals.  When we go together it is around $14, but I only get the chicken sandwich and iced tea.  Last night the local ice cream place was closed so we got two hot fudge sundaes and an M&M McFlurry for $8.75.  Local food taxes also add a lot to meals in some places.  Not my favorite place either.

10 hours ago, oldfarmkid said:

Don't forget that McD's for the most part embraced the new minimum wage increase movement. So like any business the added expense got passed on to our back pockets. Our local McD's has a large hiring banner displayed  next to the highway. In large bold red type broadcasting, HIRING $11.00 PER HOUR STARTING WAGE. Not the $15.00 demanded by many, but still not able to open the lobby most days caused by the lack of employees. At least thats what the small local paper says. 

Seen a sign here $16 an hour to start.

Troy is 100% correct concerning minimum wages increases. If it goes up say 10% chances are inflation will shortly exceed that 10% by a couple of percentage points. Kinda like corporate taxes. Raise those taxes and they just pass that onto the consumer.

Rick 

I throw a few eggs in a skillet with a tad of real butter, a couple slices of bread in the toaster and pour a glass of OJ.

Minutes later, breakfast.

Dont need McD.

And using paper plates, no dishes to wash!

Burp!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTO said:

I throw a few eggs in a skillet with a tad of real butter, a couple slices of bread in the toaster and pour a glass of OJ.

Minutes later, breakfast.

Dont need McD.

And using paper plates, no dishes to wash!

Burp!

Yeah, but your a stud who’s home every night. I just make sure to eat breakfast with Joe, he likes to buy for guys who haul his family’s cattle. 

Anytime I stop at Mcd's for breakfast sandwiches it comes out to 10-15 bucks. Most places I can sit in and have a real breakfast for well under $10, and be full and not have to find the nearest gas station.

But then according to someone there is no good food here in Canada so maybe that's why McDonald's is more money 😂