We have china, we have covid, we have Afghanistan, but this is a real problem...........

Dasnake

219402d1267794040-1998-chevy-bagged-4-door-dually-9500-trade-600-pix.jpg

This is what I am thinking is pretty neat.  Big lifted duallys never make sense to me.  Too big to go anywhere and too heavy to plow through something.  But here 4x-ing is skinny trails and little river bank gravel (State dont allow any fun on public lands so options are few).  Any lift or lower hurt capacity....you dont lift or lower for capacity.  You do it for what you think is cool.  A lowered dually like this on air bag prob is pretty close to same tow cap I reason.  Bags are on semis too ya know..? ;)  Kin has lowered Peterbilts he hauls municipal sludge with.  To field spread they have air actuated bumpers that flip up and fwd on a hinge to be able to go over the stubble on wheat.  Kinda silly since they drive 5hr, spread 1 load, drive 5 hr home.  But nice looking trucks

But for work/daily stuff I keep things stock since that last 200k all day.

• Like 1

Not sure I'd ever have a use for a lowered unit, but I have to admit some of them look pretty slick...

1977 Chevy C-10 C30 Camper Special Dually for sale - Chevrolet C-10 Custom  c30 camper special lowered shop truck 1977 for sale in Clovis, California,  United States

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

I am seeing now is rear bumper dragging the ground with the front tend so jacked up

Little Toy-odor rides around town like that, local cop calls it "The Carolina Squat"

Interesting, because I first saw it in Emerald Isle, North Carolina at the end of June!!  Then I saw one on the road up here in Virginia.  Even more ridiculous and useless that the slammed ones!  i don't see how they have any visibility out of them at all!

18 hours ago, new guy said:

Super swampers have a low weight rating. Looks awesome but kills the capacity of the dually for hauling much.

Years ago we put swampers on the pickup sprayers at the co-op. Sidewalls were giving out before the spraying season was done but we sure got thru the mud that year!!

They made a LTB that had a higher load rating it was just for dually trucks I don't know if they still make them i had a set in high school but that was almost 20 years ago

58 minutes ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

is this a work truck or a play truck??

In theory you could go either way, I’ve seen some “work” trucks that extenzive in Texas did that are six feet off the ground, that can’t work to well in city traffic, almost monster truck size, this is mine, it carries a 10 ft camper and bagged with 4 leaf overloads in the rear and 2 inch lift in the front, now a little higher would “look” good but for use as carrying the camper it wouldn’t work, but as was mentioned with air systems you get the best of both worlds, I just thought it interesting all the different opinions because they are all viable in each persons view.

D6439BFD-C4EF-4987-B86B-BE15F8059D96.jpeg

522C8A75-E994-40F6-BA82-B6E59D1FDF64.jpeg

I like a dually when it is needed load wise.

I don't like wearing 6 tires out just to do things I can do with the SRW truck.

If you have to use a dually off road make sure you haven't wedged a rock between them before for you hit the road.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

This is what I am talking about!  About the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  I see that N Carolina is trying to outlaw them.

North Carolina Prepares To Ban Squatted Trucks - AutoSpies Auto News

It isn’t driven like that is it? I remember the low rider cars when they first started, lifting and going sideways etc but they looked almost normal when driving, the cops must have rules on this.

14 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

This is what I am talking about!  About the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  I see that N Carolina is trying to outlaw them.

5 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

The stupidity I am seeing now is rear bumper dragging the ground with the front end so jacked up you cannot see over the hood!  People just keep getting dumber in the US!!

Sorry, that was me… load of wheel weights i came upon unexpectedly 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

oh. wow. (said in a dope slap tone of voice).

6 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Give that thing some Ivermectin 

It met a forestry mulcher... It's on YouTube (the guy we all love to hate) whistlendiesel.