What farmer needs a chemical sprayer like this?

oleman

Perhaps I’m simple but I do not follow??  Looks like a RoGator. That isn’t brand new I don’t believe nor the largest out there. Tall, 4 wheel sprayers like that are all over the Midwest in various colors by various makers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I don’t get it? Am I missing something? All I see is a older Rogator?

• Like 1

Probably 90% of the farmers in my area have something similar or larger.

Even on the small farms here there are some self propelled sprayers.  Guy that sprayed burn down for me this year had a $600,000 Deere.

14 minutes ago, tractorholic said:

Hopefully Oleman gives us more information. Im not sure what he is getting at. I guess the answer to the question is anyone thats not organic.

I can barely see what he posted. Is it a Challenger?

Mike

Self propelled sprayers are a common tool just like combines and tractors.  Farmers have been using self propelled sprayers around here since the spa coupe days.  Around here the big ones didn't become popular until JD put the 4700 on the market and CIH added Patriot line.  About that time Apache came on too.  We bought our first one in 2004 a JD 4710.  Around here if you see someone pulling a sprayer take a picture because its rare.  

I pull an 06 summers 90' with my 7120, had this one since 13, before this pulled an older dragging boom 90' summers for about 8 years. Like tractorholic said, one of the best investments I've ever made. Around 1500 acres per year sprayed twice. Local ag dealers get 7 plus per acre. The sprayer pays for itself pretty quick. Would be nice to upgrade to a self propelled 

8 hours ago, tractorholic said:

Hopefully Oleman gives us more information. Im not sure what he is getting at. I guess the answer to the question is anyone thats not organic.

Lol

Trust me they spray   Just old stuff and odd often

The self propelled are just so more efficient. You can spray at 12 or more miles an hour. Sure a tractor and pull type might be able to do that but for the versatility a self propelled is where everyone is headed to. We sprayed with a summers and magnum also. But the magnum needed more power in the hills on the flat it was good but hills challenged it. But the summers or flexi coil  case new Holland were good pull types to. 

• Thanks 1

Like a lot of us, it may be old, and it may be small, but it'll still get the job done. Unlike all this modern machinery with all the bells & whistles, remote this and that, guidance systems etc., the bottom line proves it over and over. The more ya spend, the more ya gotta make.

Since we've moved to our new store nearly 10 years ago, SP sprayers are the #1 big ticket item we sell for CaseIH. Probably average 8-10 new ones per year, and the trades usually are sold pretty quickly after they hit the lot. In all honesty, we've probably sold more CaseIH SP sprayers in the last 10 years than Steigers, Magnums, and Axial-Flow combines.... combined.

Most guys around here will tell you they put more hours per year in a sprayer than they do any of their tractors or combines.

The AIM Command system really gave the CaseIH sprayers a distinct advantage over other makes for many years...although everybody else has something comparable to it anymore. CaseIH sprayers also had a reputation for being balanced from front-to-rear for even weight distribution....really makes a difference in muddy/wet conditions.

In this area there are probably more CaseIH sprayers than all other makes combined....even the BTO Deere guys mostly run red sprayers around here. I can think of nearly a dozen guys around here that have only one piece of red equipment on the place....and its the sprayer(s).

One thing I will say about the sprayer business, there is a lot of politics in the business. We have 2 agronomy places within a 5 minute walk from my dealership....and they run all red sprayers....and we can't sell them new red sprayers. There are politics on the green side of the sprayer business as well.

8 minutes ago, SDman said:

We have 2 agronomy places within a 5 minute walk from my dealership....and they run all red sprayers....and we can't sell them new red sprayers. There are politics on the green side of the sprayer business as well.

When we had a 3200 Patriot the closest place that was allowed to sell parts for it was over 100 miles away. I am about 30 miles from the CNH parts distribution in Cameron, but you can’t go there and pick up parts like you could when it was in Kansas City. So I would have to call them, order parts, ship it 100 miles to the dealer and then they ship it back. It made no sense and was a logistical nightmare if you were broke down. I think that policy this may have changed in the last ten years or so? Doesn’t matter now anyway, the Patriot left after the main frame broke in half behind the cab at 6000 hours.