Letter series manuals, catlogues etc

Farmall 1466

I ordered a parts catalogue for my injection pump on the letter series tractors a while back on ebay, it was dirt cheap. Now I am wondering if it is necessary to get myself the service manual too, it seems to come in very handy with adjusting and testing the pump. Found the book at Binder Books. While I am at it, I may as well order several books at once, because shipping is expensive to Europe. What books would come in handy for the WD-9? I have a part catalogue for the tractor and one for the injection pump. If it is helpful, I will order the service manual for the pump too, would it be necessary to order the service/operator manuals for the tractor too or not? Don't know the content of the books.

Thanks!

The CaseIH parts page on this side of the great puddle has a link to their manual download site. You do have to pay for the manual, but they are in pdf format & usually far cheaper than most any manual reprint site. EXCEPT parts catalogs. Those can be a fortune. as they essentially charge by the amount of pages scanned. If you see something that hasn't been scanned, just call the number & ask. Should be able to get it done the same day provided it's not on a Friday. They are great to deal with.... very friendly. I had wanted all the Fire Crater installation instructions scanned years ago & the girl that answered the phone was just lovely. Much to the dismay of my girl at the time. Lol!

Before I forget, the site also covers JI Case & Steiger (there may be more, but I'm suffering from cerebral flattus at the moment). The collection also goes waaaaaaaay back. You can get a manual for threshers, Titans & Flaming Fours, dairy equipment, refrigeration, etc.

Honestly don't know why people don't utilize their services more??

Mike

I wouldn’t want to be without a manual, be careful however, i got a “blue ribbon service manual” seems it was a supplement for dealers to existing manuals, was written with the expectation they had access to the regular manual. Not real useful without it. 

13 minutes ago, Farmall 1466 said:

I think I will order the service manual from the pump and the I&T manual that belongs to the letter series tractors. Should provide me with everything I need information wise

Unless you have other knowledge,  the letter series I&T isn’t very helpful (imo) there are places out there that do PDF downloads you pay for, an actual factory service manual, my I&T covers cub to WD-9 in about 75 pages…. Theres a lot of missing information there. 

17 minutes ago, Farmall 1466 said:

Thanks! Thats helpful. Does the I&T then basically only cover the specs of certain things like torque specs, valve clearance etc.

I  headed to the office and will look, but it’s rather vague, better than nothing but IMO money is better spent on a real manual. I have gotten reproduction manuals fro Finney equipment and been very satisfied, Dunno if they can help with this or not, surely others out there too. 

2 hours ago, Farmall 1466 said:

Thanks! Thats helpful. Does the I&T then basically only cover the specs of certain things like torque specs, valve clearance etc.

caveat emptor

I & T and the "name " brand purveyors are best, 1x use in the Out H

get an original when possible

never heard of the CNH offering direct manuals ,nor ANYTHING on their site "easy",

would have to be a collaboration with the archives.

or the pirating of the volunteer work for a token $

I cannot even find my I&T, may have loaned it out? 
here is my IH manual , no help with a 9 but i am sure one is available

B30877EB-4908-4982-B733-BA30247DFD1C.jpeg

616642A0-5F7D-4987-8CC8-EBB8924C2775.jpeg

4 hours ago, mmi said:

caveat emptor

I & T and the "name " brand purveyors are best, 1x use in the Out H

get an original when possible

never heard of the CNH offering direct manuals ,nor ANYTHING on their site "easy",

would have to be a collaboration with the archives.

or the pirating of the volunteer work for a token $

Here's a link to the CaseIH document center. About as easy as it gets.

CaseIH Manuals Link

Mike

12 hours ago, Farmall 1466 said:

On this side of the ocean that service isn't available..

Wouldn't waste time with I&T manuals for anything.

I noticed you can pay in Euros on the CaseIH manuals site. Is this the one you went to??

CaseIH Manuals Link

Mike

1 hour ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Wouldn't waste time with I&T manuals for anything.

I noticed you can pay in Euros on the CaseIH manuals site. Is this the one you went to??

CaseIH Manuals Link

Mike

Yes but when I open the link it gives me an error because I'm not logged in. I can't make an account on the north america site however because I don't have an American or Canadian business. EU account doesn't work 

16 minutes ago, Farmall 1466 said:

Yes but when I open the link it gives me an error because I'm not logged in. I can't make an account on the north america site however because I don't have an American or Canadian business. EU account doesn't work 

That's weird. Don't need to have a business to order, just a credit card. At least here in the States. Have you by chance tried to go through a CaseIH dealer over there in the Netherlands? Don't mean to be a pain, just trying to figure out an easy, inexpensive route for you to get manuals.

Mike

25 minutes ago, Farmall 1466 said:

Okay I can get a service manual for the 9 series tractors and an operators manual, I don't know of hoe much use the latter is. Is the service manual the one to get?

The operator's manual is helpful especially if you're not familiar with the tractor. But if you're working on anything the service manuals are a must. The parts catalog will help with finding parts/part numbers & will also give you exploded parts diagrams which can help with assembly/disassembly.

Mike

2 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

That's weird. Don't need to have a business to order, just a credit card. At least here in the States. Have you by chance tried to go through a CaseIH dealer over there in the Netherlands? Don't mean to be a pain, just trying to figure out an easy, inexpensive route for you to get manuals.

Mike

I just found a backdoor in, enabled VPN just to try and it works. It has the tractor service manual and operator manual as pdf, but they are on the same price level as Binder's reprints. It doesnt show the injection pump service manual..

For the same money, I'd rather have the book on paper 

2 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

The operator's manual is helpful especially if you're not familiar with the tractor. But if you're working on anything the service manuals are a must. The parts catalog will help with finding parts/part numbers & will also give you exploded parts diagrams which can help with assembly/disassembly.

Mike

I have some knowledge of this tractor and know some people that know everything about it so I should be good with just the service manual 

4 hours ago, Farmall 1466 said:

I just found a backdoor in, enabled VPN just to try and it works. It has the tractor service manual and operator manual as pdf, but they are on the same price level as Binder's reprints. It doesnt show the injection pump service manual..

For the same money, I'd rather have the book on paper 

Agree about having them on paper, however AMF is correct in that they usually are wildly less expensive for download, the case backhoe manuals for instance were 30-40 dollars to download and 800 to buy on paper… PDF starts to sound great. 

43 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Agree about having them on paper, however AMF is correct in that they usually are wildly less expensive for download, the case backhoe manuals for instance were 30-40 dollars to download and 800 to buy on paper… PDF starts to sound great. 

The books I need cost around 40 dollars at the download page as well as at Binder

1 hour ago, Farmall 1466 said:

The books I need cost around 40 dollars at the download page as well as at Binder

Is that $40 with shipping?

Mike

10 hours ago, Farmall 1466 said:

Okay I can get a service manual for the 9 series tractors and an operators manual, I don't know of hoe much use the latter is. Is the service manual the one to get?

dont get J scammed  they are infamous for delivering only slightly more "readable" content than I & T