Oops I did it again

mader656

I thought there was a place in the PNW that specialized in old AC stuff, can’t recall the name and that was a long time ago, looks tidy overall, track pads aren’t all washed away, think Oz has was more parts availability than NA?

Baring that it may resort to machining and repair, this one looks worth it if the rest is ok

Mader----

Used combine tracks (IH, J-D) would be worth you watching for.

They typically are not run that much and rail/pitch size will be somewhere close to what yours is.

I picked up a set from a 1460 combine for scrap values number of years ago------thinking I might replace my worn undercarriage on a D2 Cat.   Have forgotten the dimensions------but something in the 6 1/4" pitch range.  

Wouldn't have been to big of a job to cut and replace drive sprocket ring.   The combine tracks had wide pads------would have needed to trim some width off the pads ai to fit within dozer frame.

Anyway----- found another D2 with good undercarriage, but never got around to getting them up and going.  Sold the two of them together.

Hauled the combine tracks to scrap yard.  But have seen several sets abandoned down this way.  You would need to search in the wetter climate areas.

Trend now is to the big wide flotation rubber.

What does the tension look like on the other side----looks to me like you will take up slack with repaired front idler------and still have adjustment left??

Good luck------no substitute for a dozer.  Keep us posted. 👍

DD

You can always convert it to Hydra-Adjusters!  I spoke with them about a root rake and they actually made the adjusters for AC OEM.

https://www.hendersonmfgco.com/products/prod_hydra.htm

They also have weld on sprocket rings.

https://www.hendersonmfgco.com/parts/parts_weld_on_sprocket_rims.htm

I am envious of your ROPS.  Mine is open, but this Fall I have some Wabco pan ROPS I am going to cut and past into something to protect me from limbs and tree tops.

Here is my old girl coming home!

IMG_20201204_135916666_HDR.thumb.jpg.be442667139b6ac20186ca8115889e06.jpg

IMG_20201204_135924698_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201204_135932712_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

You can always convert it to Hydra-Adjusters!  I spoke with them about a root rake and they actually made the adjusters for AC OEM.

https://www.hendersonmfgco.com/products/prod_hydra.htm

They also have weld on sprocket rings.

https://www.hendersonmfgco.com/parts/parts_weld_on_sprocket_rims.htm

I am envious of your ROPS.  Mine is open, but this Fall I have some Wabco pan ROPS I am going to cut and past into something to protect me from limbs and tree tops.

Here is my old girl coming home!

IMG_20201204_135916666_HDR.thumb.jpg.be442667139b6ac20186ca8115889e06.jpg

IMG_20201204_135924698_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201204_135932712_HDR.jpg

Ill have to get a picture of the other side drive sprocket that was welded back to useable... It pretty impressive...

What's the HD-7 compare to in the Caterpillar line-------maybe a D-4+???  It looks larger on the trailer than in your 1st pictures.

Track tension looks good on the left side.

Glad you got an angle blade------although ARMSTRONG powered.  I have always been able to move more Dirt working at an angle (seems like you are rolling the dirt rather than on a dead push??)

Tip for getting started:

Work in a higher gear with throttle knocked back a little-------get used to the feel for a smooth cut-----then kick throttle to full power and have at it.

It should have a float position for once you get a full blade-----push to float and she will pretty well follow the ground contour.

Most of my experience is on a TD-14 manufactured the same year that Gary and I were (1943).🤐

DD

Delta dirt

Re: Armstrong blade that may the mader treatment. And added power angle.

The 2 cylinder DD271 in a HD 5 is the same as a 7u D4.  The 4 cylinder DD471 in a HD 9 is the same as the 9u D6.  So a HD 7 with the 371 is in the middle.

The HD 6 is just a little more than the HD 5 . They where well liked in the farming world.