Jump to content

businesses closing


pt756
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, new guy said:

.

20210609_172724.jpg

That might just work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so local tire shop has a convenience store attached, closing early some days, staff shortage, also dont know if it is really true but the big meat packer in abbotsford wis. supposedly had all the workers walk out on thursday and friday, demanding more money, was told this story that the cows on the kill floor couldnt be moved to another plant, fda rules? so owner had to find feed for the cows, going to check into this some more, most of the workers are from the south, most speak a different language,

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My daughter had a back to school event tonight. There’s not many choices in the small town that her school is in, but they have a Pizza Hut. We stop in from time to time, so went to go sit down and get a pizza. Nope, sign on the door said dining room closed due to staffing shortages. I knew they had been struggling, but the dining room was open a week ago. These small towns are going to completely dry up if this keeps on. There won’t be a single business that can survive this. Covid already claimed the only restaurant in the small town I grew up outside of. The bank closed a few months ago. The roof fell in on the bar and they couldn’t afford to fix it. There’s nothing left except a little convenience store that doesn’t sell gas anymore. 50 years ago this town amounted to something. 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

My daughter had a back to school event tonight. There’s not many choices in the small town that her school is in, but they have a Pizza Hut. We stop in from time to time, so went to go sit down and get a pizza. Nope, sign on the door said dining room closed due to staffing shortages. I knew they had been struggling, but the dining room was open a week ago. These small towns are going to completely dry up if this keeps on. There won’t be a single business that can survive this. Covid already claimed the only restaurant in the small town I grew up outside of. The bank closed a few months ago. The roof fell in on the bar and they couldn’t afford to fix it. There’s nothing left accept a little convenience store that doesn’t sell gas anymore. 50 years ago this town amounted to something. 

My dad always said what a politician hog couldn't tear up he'd sh.t on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look what available in Calif .Orchard sprayers !

    It call Guss Autonomous sprayers . Driverless sprayers , one man in a pickup at end of field can operate four machines, if all dialed in up to six machines

     Go to; Guss.com  and view the operation.

     They are built in Kingsburg ,Ca . a few miles S/E of me.

         Alleviates drivers, safety equipment, doctors certs etc.  

      Still need the human loader but its all enclosed systems.

       Tony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

My daughter had a back to school event tonight. There’s not many choices in the small town that her school is in, but they have a Pizza Hut. We stop in from time to time, so went to go sit down and get a pizza. Nope, sign on the door said dining room closed due to staffing shortages. I knew they had been struggling, but the dining room was open a week ago. These small towns are going to completely dry up if this keeps on. There won’t be a single business that can survive this. Covid already claimed the only restaurant in the small town I grew up outside of. The bank closed a few months ago. The roof fell in on the bar and they couldn’t afford to fix it. There’s nothing left except a little convenience store that doesn’t sell gas anymore. 50 years ago this town amounted to something. 

where are you at? what lil town did u grow up outside of? I graduated in Winston, Weatherby is where we were closest to, only thing left is the post office and a guy that works part time when he feels like it doing small piddly jobs at the old gas station that is no longer a gas station. 

I had 15 in my senior class 9 girls 6 boys. A lot of the small schools up there in that area have consolidated over the years to keep going. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

where are you at? what lil town did u grow up outside of? I graduated in Winston, Weatherby is where we were closest to, only thing left is the post office and a guy that works part time when he feels like it doing small piddly jobs at the old gas station that is no longer a gas station. 

I had 15 in my senior class 9 girls 6 boys. A lot of the small schools up there in that area have consolidated over the years to keep going. 

My daughter goes to school in Plattsburg. I grew up outside of Edgerton, Mo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

My daughter goes to school in Plattsburg. I grew up outside of Edgerton, Mo. 

aaaaaah not too far away from me - i just bought a disk from a guy over by you last fall, straight west of dennis sneed on 116 a couple miles 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I haven't seen mentioned on here was the recent purchase by CNH for Raven Industries in Sioux Falls, SD for $2.1 billion a couple months back. While it is true that there are Raven products already used in CNH products(especially the SP sprayers), from what I hear through the grapevine is they wanted Raven's autonomous technology especially for the next generation of farm equipment....no human operators. We will see....

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/news/article/2021/06/22/cnh-dramatically-expands-tech-raven#:~:text=CNH said the purchase of Raven dramatically enhances,as its technologies are integrated into CNH products.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...