IH 584

IHKeith

I’m thinking that I “need” to buy this tractor, it’s looks rough but mostly  functional, needs some welding on the bucket and loader, front rim repair, left floor board repair and a seat at least to start, be a good can of worms to open I think, it’ll just be a yard/bush hog/toy tractor for my automotive garage and property 

It was sold new at the IH dealer my Dad worked at, and he has serviced it throughout the years too, I have worked on it several times too when I worked with Dad, so that part is neat, pretty sure I’ll pull the trigger on it but I’m going to sleep on it, years of impulse buying has taught me to slow my roll a little 

652E1E37-5B72-4C8A-B859-24762B3EA8C3.thumb.jpeg.1910bab8002debdb8e0316dffb340dbc.jpeg02E15BFD-CE8E-4318-BF5A-9831F28C1730.thumb.jpeg.7c7fcbc0306f4bad20497cdc2f502d26.jpegCE6FAA60-DDD3-4848-8F8C-BCB54BE2E239.thumb.jpeg.f32b17186bc41198e58595f44ef06329.jpeg

As said in the recent 884 thread 584's sold fairly well around here.  I never heard a complaint about one.  I never understood why the 84's did not sell better but Ford at that time seemed to have excellent pricing on their 00 and 10 series tractors which probably hurt IH.  As strong as MF was in the under 80 HP class they actually did far worse at least around where I am.  AC was fairly strong and a number of 5050's and 6060's got sold.  Just how the cookie crumbled here.  

Boy they snapped that loader arm off good and proper.  Looks like a good project.  The fwa or 4x4 would make it somewhat rare here.  Only ever see 2wds.

29 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

Boy they snapped that loader arm off good and proper.  Looks like a good project.  The fwa or 4x4 would make it somewhat rare here.  Only ever see 2wds.

The right side is broken off the boom and the left is pulled out of the bucket, makes me think it was used broken a while, this one, a 684 and an 884  were the only fwa 84 series I can think of that Dad worked on, probably 20 or more 74/84 series 2wds

This tractor once had a bad clutch and wouldn’t move, instead of paying the floating bill he chained the bucket to the back of a flat hay rack and towed it with his 265 Massey, left the Massey and wagon here until the 584 was ready and towed it home, he had a 966 and a tri stripe 886, so I guess he didn’t need the Massey haha 

As tough as it is I’m drawn to the original paint and it’s hard parts working, it has most of the missing panels with it too