Dealers that will order from Parts Depot......

Old F-14

Do you have any recommendations of a friendly dealer to get Case IH parts from Parts depot? I'm in Michigan,  but location is irrelevant it will have to be reshipped to me as no dealers withing driving distance know what parts depot is or care to take the time.

Local dealer here in Michigan has no interest and apparently I just lost my contact at a dealer in Ohio that did all my ordering from parts depot for me.

Thanks!

I go through Lochen's in Newburg, Wi. or Farmer's out in Allenton, also Wi. Every dealer of any color except big green knows what the Parts Depot is. It does help that the Depot is just an hour north of me in Chilton. Oh, you can also order IH parts from any dealer in the CaseIH/New Holland/Fiat whatever family. Same with any shortline parts you need. You can also call the Depot direct & ask if they know of a dealer in your area that you can order parts from without hassle. If all else fails, just let me know & I'll see what I can do for you.

Mike

I worked at a dealer who sold parts from the Depot.............The way it was explained to me there was the dealers had to sell obsolete stuff to the Depot to be able to buy from them as essentially that is where their inventory comes from, and not everyone can or wants to do that.

I didn't know that any dealership was more connected to the Depos than others 

I faxed my CIH stock order list every Monday for 18 years to Sherri at the Depot. She would go thru it and fax back what they had and a price. I would remove off my stock order what I wanted from here before I sent it on to CIH. I tended to shy away from o-rings and gaskets because of age. We were also AGCO so I could order anything under that umbrella. No matter how I tried, I could not order Deere parts. Which was kind of dumb on their part. 

I had a guy price Kooima Company stalk rollers for a 643. Just for kicks I checked the depot using a prior JD part number. They had 50 plus of each side on hand but I couldn't buy them. Called our local Deere dealer. He quoted me the current OEM list plus shipping. I checked maybe 8-10 years ago and they still had the 50 plus of each on hand.

Unfortunately no Deere conditioned partsman is wants to mess with calling the depot.

4 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

I faxed my CIH stock order list every Monday for 18 years to Sherri at the Depot. She would go thru it and fax back what they had and a price. I would remove off my stock order what I wanted from here before I sent it on to CIH. I tended to shy away from o-rings and gaskets because of age. We were also AGCO so I could order anything under that umbrella. No matter how I tried, I could not order Deere parts. Which was kind of dumb on their part. 

I had a guy price Kooima Company stalk rollers for a 643. Just for kicks I checked the depot using a prior JD part number. They had 50 plus of each side on hand but I couldn't buy them. Called our local Deere dealer. He quoted me the current OEM list plus shipping. I checked maybe 8-10 years ago and they still had the 50 plus of each on hand.

Unfortunately no Deere conditioned partsman is wants to mess with calling the depot.

John Deere is about as pleasant as a rabid skunk. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

John Deere is about as pleasant as a rabid skunk. But that's just my opinion.

4x

9 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

I worked at a dealer who sold parts from the Depot.............The way it was explained to me there was the dealers had to sell obsolete stuff to the Depot to be able to buy from them as essentially that is where their inventory comes from, and not everyone can or wants to do that.

it was a royal PAIN >>!! they dont want to pay for items esp .what they have,since it is one sided (xyz) sits for ever.

paid $.01 on $1 while seller had to do all the work and hoops ,and never get the other $ .15 as they limit access and quote current list $

• Like 1

I should add how the depot works. As a dealer you got 25% off of oem dealer net on most items. If you did a parts return to them(new parts only) they would pay you by the pound and then you qualified for 50% off dealer net on select items. The items I would return to them were parts that were non-returnable because of being obsolete or a part number change. If I remember correct, if an item you sent them sold you got a kickback. I never seen the accounting end so I have no idea if that ever happened. 

They also kept track of where parts came from in case there was trouble with a part. I order some DT436 s/p sets on time. When they came they were in IH boxed with only a p/n written on them. Opened them up and they were all DT414 sets. I got them to heavily discount them and she said they were going to contact the dealer who sent them in. 

8 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

They also kept track of where parts came from in case there was trouble with a part. I order some DT436 s/p sets on time. When they came they were in IH boxed with only a p/n written on them. Opened them up and they were all DT414 sets. I got them to heavily discount them and she said they were going to contact the dealer who sent them in. 

we never got full refund or freight on used or broken "NOS" parts needing returned

when sending in parts, the NOS inspection/verification (about 6 weeks) came off the top  $ lb and barely covered shipping,never got $.01 on the back end either.  was cheaper to give away,

I guess I am not clear on what “The Depot” means. Is this the company that many of us know as Vintage Parts? Or a different deal altogether? I have ordered many obsolete Deere parts through my Deere dealer from Vintage Parts. Got a steel hydraulic line for my Steiger from Vintage Parts through my Case dealer. 

Just now, mmi said:

we never got full refund or freight on used or broken "NOS" parts needing returned

when sending in parts, the NOS inspection/verification (about 6 weeks) came off the top  $ lb and barely covered shipping,never got $.01 on the back end either.  was cheaper to give away,

The biggest benefit I seen was you then qualified for the 50% off. Those parts showed an * by them. I bought a lot of the 50% off parts thru the years. 

9 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I guess I am not clear on what “The Depot” means. Is this the company that many of us know as Vintage Parts? Or a different deal altogether? I have ordered many obsolete Deere parts through my Deere dealer from Vintage Parts. Got a steel hydraulic line for my Steiger from Vintage Parts through my Case dealer. 

Two different companies. The Depot is owned(or was) by Steve Collins. Vintage(DPNI) changed hands a dozen or so times. Even owned by an Irish company called Finley at one time. They built the Power King garden tractors at one time.

A deere dealership in Colorado bought up most of DPNI's two cylinder parts back in the late 80's or early 90's I was told one time it was quite a few semi loads.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cedar farm said:

Two different companies. The Depot is owned(or was) by Steve Collins. Vintage changed hands a dozen or so times. Even owned by an Irish company called Finley at one time. They built the Power King garden tractors at one time.

So this is an obsolete parts supplier of many different brands that is just called “The Depot”? How do you find out who is a dealer for them? Is there a website? I’ve never been aware of anything like this. Vintage parts is the only name I have ever heard around here. 

2 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

So this is an obsolete parts supplier of many different brands that is just called “The Depot”? How do you find out who is a dealer for them? Is there a website? I’ve never been aware of anything like this. Vintage parts is the only name I have ever heard around here. 

You have to have the OEM dealer code to order. And then only the OEM parts you are a dealer for. So when I ordered I had to give them my dealer code. We were CIH, New Holland and AGCO. Three dealer codes. I always dealt with Sherri at the depot so she knew my dealer codes. Peach of a lady. You can go on "The depot" website and look up a part number. You just cant order it or get a price. You have to contact a helpful dealer to get a price.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

Darn it! I was going to post a link to their site, but it's down for the usual hour long nightly website refresh. Always used to frustrate me when I was researching availability. Usually happened when I was on a roll about half way through the page of a parts catalog. Type in the number, hit return aaaaaaaaaand nothing. We're sorry, the page you requested is unavailable. Please refresh or try again later. Always when I'm on a roll. Lol!

Mike

10 hours ago, bitty said:

I didn't know that any dealership was more connected to the Depos than others 

I don't know about that, but given Parts Depot will only sell to a dealer of the OEM line, but isn't part of the OEM corporate. Many of the dealers around here that have been taken over by mega dealers just look at parts depot as hassle or they are the 18 year old at the parts counter who types the number into his case IH system and says its not available anywhere....

9 hours ago, cedar farm said:

A deere dealership in Colorado bought up most of DPNI's two cylinder parts back in the late 80's or early 90's I was told one time it was quite a few semi loads.

There is a guy that writes for Green Magazine that had a Deere dealership in Colorado. He still has a warehouse full of NOS Deere parts that he writes about every month. I wonder if he was the guy? I think he’s just outside of Denver. Don’t know what his dealership was called. 

What was the depot's policy on who can sell what?  Reason I ask is the dealer I worked for was IH, and CC...................But I seem to recall someone coming in one time and ordering something else.............Gehl maybe?  Which they never, ever sold.............However they did somehow get some NOS Gehl parts probaby from a job they didn't complete and sent those to the depot?  Is that how they could sell them?  

I don't think we have a company like the Depot in Europe. But we have a CNH system, Parts Locator, where we as dealer can search for a part if it's avaible at any other dealership anywhere in Europe, if they upload their stock.

And there is also a company , Bartsparts.com who offers parts for any make to everyone.

5 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

There is a guy that writes for Green Magazine that had a Deere dealership in Colorado. He still has a warehouse full of NOS Deere parts that he writes about every month. I wonder if he was the guy? I think he’s just outside of Denver. Don’t know what his dealership was called. 

Greg Stephen And Stephen equipment comes to mind.  Can't remember if that is right or not.