Fire

mader656

Local fire was 400 acres this morning...nobody was really sure how big it was before the cold front with 50 mph wind hit.  Fire dept had bought out it's small town of water... It got our they needed more water so I brought some down between myself and some others we brought them 40 cases and 100 grab and go food items... I was not the only donor people were dropping of the one or two cases they kept at home.

It's as smoky as ive ever seen...nothing close to me yet...but one spark....

It's rough country too...

received_973931330058549.jpeg

FB_IMG_1628468360200.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Your a true gentleman Mader.  

• Like 4

Thanks for helping out those that needed it. I'm sue they was glad to see it. 👍  Take care out there and be safe Hopefully you won't have any come close to you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Thanks for helping out those that needed it. I'm sue they was glad to see it. 👍  Take care out there and be safe Hopefully you won't have any come close to you.

My big advantage is there are very few people to cause fire around here that are upwind so it mostly lightening fires.

That being said there is one fire engine crew on standby for the entire county if not more area...

• Like 1

Thanks Mader that is how it was in the old days here, not at all today.

What a difference in how different places do things. Fire has become big money in the Land of Fruits and Nuts. Dozer operators, water truck drivers and low bed drives where getting right at $500 for a 12 hour shift. Cal Fire shows up with one and 2 ton flatbed trucks loaded with pallets of water, Gator Aid, and sack lunch foods that keep without refrigration  . The dozers and water trucks depends on age a bit but I think most are over $2500 a day and state supplies fuel I which I think the state pays for it.

My daughters in-laws have 4 or 5 family members that work for different contractors that do fire lines work. Two of the uncles stay together cause one cannot get a CDL since he has drinking problem, the other one says he is not crazy and will not operate dozer. So he stays with the low boy. The one in camp was asked to help clean around camp last year, which was another little money maker. They wanted whole pallets of bottled water to disappear. They had date stamps and where out of date. Being raised a farm boy he took all he could haul.

Shaping up to be a long season.

Lightning is our biggest fire starter here too.

We had one yesterday afternoon also. 

Lightning was from the night before. Conditions finally got right for it to flare up.

Here is the tree that was struck

If you look close you can see the strip of bark that was blown off as the lightning travelled down to ground.

IMG_20210807_160838997.thumb.jpg.e5bed2a53569a77ca3afe568e4090cc8.jpg

IMG_20210807_160834018.thumb.jpg.df76419d34517dd7c5fb40623937cb4e.jpg

• Like 3