270 A high/ low shift fork

Hello 

I need a shift fork for a 1980 International 270 A backhoe I had  a problem with it popping out of gear at times previous owner had a heavy spring that went fron high  low shift linkage to emergency brake cable. 

I removed it when I fixed the emergency brake then I  really started to have problems 

it would pop out of gear and the only way I could find anything was to let the torque converter pedal out a little and even then sometimes it was hard to find a gear 

I was thinking shift shaft or detent ball and spring was I wrong 

Took the cover off and found both ears broken off the shift fork drained oil and found 1 

I think that the previous owner had a problem broke 1 Took it apart removed the broken ear and installed the heavy spring to keep it in low range I didn't know anything about the backhoe bought from estate sale all they said was its in the woods hasn't run in 10 years needs injection pump see other post for that story 

I have ordered many aftermarket forks part #123685C1 but when I get the part part # is right but part is wrong and casting # is not right it . Mine reads  123685C2  

# 4 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

20210808_071630.jpg

20210808_173327.jpg

he has it but not sure if he wants to sell just that part .then he started saying about delivering unit to me he was going to get back to me on a price 

so I thought I would ask everyone 

I keep 1 of the wrong forks we cut 1 ear off of it and welded the to ears back on 2 problems 1 where it needed to be welded thin cast iron 2 do you take a chance on it failing and doing more damage ? the guy that welded it is a pro did a great job and if I go with repair 
I will shift into low and leave it there hoping I can find one to replace instead 

1 hour ago, bapsdad said:

I keep 1 of the wrong forks we cut 1 ear off of it and welded the to ears back on 2 problems 1 where it needed to be welded thin cast iron 2 do you take a chance on it failing and doing more damage ? the guy that welded it is a pro did a great job and if I go with repair 
I will shift into low and leave it there hoping I can find one to replace instead 

Have you got space in the box to wrap a reinforce of rod (or similar) around the outside and extend what looks like the outer reinforce shape already there?

As I am looking at your diagram and haven't seen the part this might be worth sfa!

thanks for the input 

the shift fork is made like it is because the collar it shifts or moves spins inside the ears when the tractor moves the grove the fork is in is only about 1/4 inch thick you can get to the upper ear but no way the lower one 

it is all welded up he did a great job . I just don't trust myself I'll forget and start shifting it and break it again and do more damage ? so I thought I would ask if anyone mite have one 

if I put it back together I will make a bracket and make it so it can't be shifted out of low 

this is a poor picture of where he fixed it and where the fork rides sorry I need 3 hands just to get a good picture couldn't keep the wire out of the way 

20210811_151858.jpg