International 300 LPG

11 hours ago, planejeff said:

Yes has all the sheet metal with no dents!

That's quite the fairly rare find unless they were common down south. I see it's TA delete so it probably was a southern tractor now or at some point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is different for sure. The pics make it look like it would be hard to see to drive it almost. Can’t be a lot of those around. Good luck with the project. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Update on the progress of the international 300. 

Torn down the engine.

Replaced sleeves. Replaced the flat head piston with fire crater pistons. Had the crankshaft turned. Replaced the camshaft and gear. Had to get new valves manufactured at Manley sales. ( Propane valves were longer than gas valves.) Got brake parts and clutch from Ebay. 

Website's that are great to find parts from.

Tractorpartsasap.com

Steiner.com

Messick.com 

Currently putting the engine back together and mounting to the rest of the tractor. 

The reason the crankshaft and camshaft were in bad shape was water sat in the engine.  I assumed that it wouldn't have that issue since the propane tank is over the engine plus the exhaust goes under the tractor. I'm guessing that the hurricane may have submerged the tractor for a few days. As the tractor sat since Hurricane Harvey caused the problems. 

Hope to have a video of it running soon!

• Like 1

I believe you have a jewel there !

she does not look abused , being your doing engine work , you could install a TA if so desired .

I have a gasser 300U only because that’s what my Dad had but if I would of picked one it would of been LP

these are fun tractors to operate and lot of power .

Good luck with it ! 
tony 

B38F265C-01B9-4470-A78D-718B3F020E87.jpeg

105C3274-D48A-4944-A44A-DFE71EE525B8.jpeg

83929001-59A1-47C5-98E7-891B35FF9201.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

she does not look abused , being your doing engine work , you could install a TA if so desired .

I have a gasser 300U only because that’s what my Dad had but if I would of picked one it would of been LP

Good luck with it ! 
tony 

20 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

Good luck with it ! 
tony 

Thanks! That is a great looking tractor and blade! The front weights are rare from what I've seen.

What is the tire size you have? The one I have has 12.4x28. I don't know if that was standard from factory.

The big plus for the 300 than the 240 is the hp and weight. The underslung exhaust makes it easier to get under trees also!

6 hours ago, planejeff said:

Thanks! That is a great looking tractor and blade! The front weights are rare from what I've seen.

What is the tire size you have? The one I have has 12.4x28. I don't know if that was standard from factory.

The big plus for the 300 than the 240 is the hp and weight. The underslung exhaust makes it easier to get under trees also!

Rears on mine are 14.9x28 .  Factory were 12.4 's , Being I had to buy new rims ,I went for the wider one's. 

Your right on the underslung exhaust .  

The frame weights are harder to find but they are available ,They show up every so often on e bay or market pages

Tony

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Good find 

Any idea what the brackets on the fender are for possibly a sun shade?

image.png.f73bfbcd02aceacf1985e747b800f95d.png

Sun Shade brackets , perhaps modified as they appear longer then usual.

Tony

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great !  

You sure did a number on that paint bringing it back to life.

Congratulations, Hope with her running that you do not have many mechanical encounters

Tony

6 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Looks great !  

You sure did a number on that paint bringing it back to life.

Congratulations, Hope with her running that you do not have many mechanical encounters

Tony

Thanks. We had some adjustments to make but for the most part it's good little tractor. Waiting on tires now going with 12s. It's now time to start the real winter schedule project an Oliver Super 77 (Been in the family for over 50 years!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had to replace the regulator. Now it runs well!

One of the two shutoff valves and vapor valve are leaking. All of part numbers that are in the parts manual are not found on the internet.  I going to take all the valves off and go to a propane parts dealer. Hopefully match up the valves. There is a lot of valves online but they mostly go by weight not the outlet sizes! 

Have a great day everyone!