Smell of rain...

mader656

Is there any thing that smells better than rain when your In severe drought. I never thought .005 of rain at home would smell so good 3 miles south east got a little over a tenth. 

We are the high lighted county....

Screenshot_20210805-210202.png

• Like 2

I wish you could have a little more of what we got . Terribly wet since mid June . Mowing third cutting but should have been 4th by now. This is grass and corn knocked over by flooding. This is a steep hill here but it's a saddle that water will flow, no where near a creek or river etc  . 

IMG_20210802_102157090.jpg

IMG_20210802_102151453.jpg

• Like 1

It is raining here as i type.  1st precep since june...17 18 iirc.  For sure 6 weeks.  And it was .40" the june event.  Smelled it last night and felt something.  Weather folks are rare right... was supposed to be nice today then showers tomorrow but well take it.  On sat there is a blob egg shape just over us and 10 wide and 50ish long each way.  I assume 10 miles west its nothing.  And they are drier than us..

Been dry here, lots of stressed vegetation, and dying trees.  Smoky from fires, and they have predicted rain today, so far it doesn’t look that promising