Old Binder Guy

Old Binder Guy

Please someone from Admin come to IH Tractors on a Montana Farm and explain to the followers and posters why the site is so slow, why it's so hard (near impossible) to like what someone has posted, Why it takes so long to click onto the site and it takes over a minute to get on, why when you try to upload a photo to put on your post, it kicks out about half of the attempts, and is slower than molasses in January? PLEASE.... PLEASE? Is it new equipment that doesn't function correctly? It functions so much worse and slower than it did a few months back. If we know what's screwed up, we can deal with it. But what we're thinking is "normal" is no longer "NORMAL." I think the guys deserve to know what's going on that nobody is saying anything about. My computer functions just fine on any other website. Facebook, eBay, SmokStak, you name it it works fine. But not here, and I'm not the only one having problems. PLEASE REPORT TO THE GUYS... PLEASE?   Gary Yaeger, aka: Old Binder Guy or OBG

Gary,

I offered a suggestion on Monday to help alleviate this issue. 

Have you done what I suggested? What browser are you using? Without more information besides "its slow", I cannot troubleshoot any further. 

BJ Kline

BJ

I also have same issues.  Have dobe the clearing etc.   Took 5 tries to even get to this post.   Loading a 3 photos the other day kicked back 2.  Took 3 to 4 tries then took them.  Been going on for 2 to 3 months.  Others in the Support section have noted same thing and did the clearing.  I am assuming it is a host issue.  I clicked on coffee shop 3x to just open it.  I replied to a post(many) and it puts you into a "new topic" form.  If you dont catch it you write a sentence then scroll down and there isnt a "reply" button.  Or offfttten I have clicked on a topic in Gen IH or Coffee and it will go back to the forum index page.  Something besides us is off may man.  I have cleared cashe on phone, tab, desktop and no other change.   Every week seems slower and slower.  Ill even click to another site to see if it is the matrix or just the site.  Always been just the site.  Hope more unfo helps!  Hard to diagnose this stuff I bet.

Your not Alone Mr Yaeger

For petes sake!  That post there too 3x on the submit button!  

Also i use exclusively Chrome. 

I will try it on Edge later in office

Thanks! 

I need to weigh in to say there must be something going on beyond the site and what we can see.  I've been reading of the Professor's problems. but have had no problems in opening sites, reacting, or posting.  I've got no idea what the problem might be.  

Windows 10 and Chrome here.  Usually I'm the guy with unexplained problems on the 'puter.

On 8/5/2021 at 9:30 AM, TroyDairy said:

BJ

I also have same issues.  Have dobe the clearing etc.   Took 5 tries to even get to this post.   Loading a 3 photos the other day kicked back 2.  Took 3 to 4 tries then took them.  Been going on for 2 to 3 months.  Others in the Support section have noted same thing and did the clearing.  I am assuming it is a host issue.  I clicked on coffee shop 3x to just open it.  I replied to a post(many) and it puts you into a "new topic" form.  If you dont catch it you write a sentence then scroll down and there isnt a "reply" button.  Or offfttten I have clicked on a topic in Gen IH or Coffee and it will go back to the forum index page.  Something besides us is off may man.  I have cleared cashe on phone, tab, desktop and no other change.   Every week seems slower and slower.  Ill even click to another site to see if it is the matrix or just the site.  Always been just the site.  Hope more unfo helps!  Hard to diagnose this stuff I bet.

Your not Alone Mr Yaeger

Pretty much word for word same issues.

I have gotten used to misdirection.

The worst was typing out a long post, hitting submit and having it disappear.

Since getting in the habit of copying east post before hitting submit, the Pendleton bottle is lasting MUCH longer.

Miss the preproblem days.

• Like 1

I've got a case in with our software vendor. They suggested that I make some changes to the database that powers the forum. I have completed those changes this morning and have my fingers crossed that it helps (or eliminates the issue)

BJ

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Duntongw said:

FYI: I have replied to a couple of topics, and still had to go thru it multiple times before it would take it.

Did you get any errors when it would not go through? What browser are you using? If it’s Chrome, do you have any extensions enabled? To find out open a new tab and enter chrome://extensions

No, there are no error codes or anything of the sort, just sets there like it is locked up or thinking.

Using Microsoft Edge on a lap top.

Had all been working fine until about 2-3 months ago, and then started having various issues.

Thank you for your time and help.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to reply to a Pm and after 1/2 hr gave up . this post is a test. tried different browsers and cleared cache. it just says " saving" when I click on submit reply. its very frustrating and its not user friendly at all

no other message board operates like this. you should be able to use any browser without clearing the cache ,even if that approach worked- which it doesn't

Just now, hillman said:

I am trying to reply to a Pm and after 1/2 hr gave up . this post is a test. tried different browsers and cleared cache. it just says " saving" when I click on submit reply. its very frustrating and its not user friendly at all

no other message board operates like this. you should be able to use any browser without clearing the cache ,even if that approach worked- which it doesn't

that posted instantly and then I went to the PM and it worked instantly🥺

Tonight inhave 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:32 AM, hillman said:

Today its unbearable.  I click on topic and it goes back to forum directory.  6x.  Took several tries to even reply this comment   Clear3d everything and 0 changes 

Thanks......

Dang it... now lost

On 8/8/2021 at 7:32 AM, hillman said:

agaiin

This all came up after many tries to reply...again

On 8/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, Duntongw said:

FYI: I have replied to a couple of topics, and still had to go thru it multiple times before it would take it.

Ditto

gave up on another PM so testing here again

I believe this all started the last time the message board got an update. its not our computers. 

• 1 month later...

I am still having issues here. took over 1/2 hour to post in a thread but as usual I made another post in a different thread and it was lightening fast. I cannot be the only one having these issues

On 10/3/2021 at 3:07 PM, hillman said:

I am still having issues here. took over 1/2 hour to post in a thread but as usual I made another post in a different thread and it was lightening fast. I cannot be the only one having these issues

Guess the only thing I can think of, with my astute and  sharp mind.....is the drain must be blocked, up in Canada.......because, from ''down under''   the message instantly goes up hill  to America.....Yea...seems quite obvious, really....:rolleyes:

Mike

10 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Guess the only thing I can think of, with my astute and  sharp mind.....is the drain must be blocked, up in Canada.......because, from ''down under''   the message instantly goes up hill  to America.....Yea...seems quite obvious, really....:rolleyes:

Mike

d'oh the border is closed from Canada to USA 😆

3 minutes ago, hillman said:

d'oh the border is closed from Canada to USA 😆

Gheez , Hillman...does that mean I missed another trick ???:)...Oh well....such is life......

Mike

4 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Gheez , Hillman...does that mean I missed another trick ???:)...Oh well....such is life......

Mike

you are an old fox Mike.......you don't miss a trick that I have seen

R.gif

• Haha 1