130 Head Gasket

ThePunisher

I have a 130 that leaks coolant from the head gasket on the right side of the block ( on the outside). It is a small leak… several drops each time I run the tractor. I had the oil pan off and saw no indication of a leak internally and no coolant in oil that I can tell. The tractor runs great so I’m kind of hesitant changing the gasket, but I can see where it leaks it looks like the gasket is kind of mashed. What are your thoughts… it’s not a huge job but I hate to pull a head on a tractor that runs really well. On the other hand, I hate seeing coolant running down the side of the motor.

What quality replacement gasket is available? 

Steiner lists them as American made… but that opens the 2nd problem. This 130 has c123 motor stamped near the top of the block on right hand side and is also stamped 354898r3… but there is no water pump!! So finding the correct head gasket is tricky. My local parts place has both 113 and 123 gasket sets in stock and said to bring the old gasket and he will match up… just brings more confusion to this question.

Add a water pump while doing the job

• Thanks 1

You sure there is no water pump? I made that mistake before, thought the water pump was in the traditional location, behind the fan. It's not there. It's down low on the left side of the engine, directly connected to the lower radiator outlet.

All the offset models from Super A 356001 on had water pumps. Your 130 should unless someone took it out and replaced it with a water neck.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

You sure there is no water pump? I made that mistake before, thought the water pump was in the traditional location, behind the fan. It's not there. It's down low on the left side of the engine, directly connected to the lower radiator outlet.

All the offset models from Super A 356001 on had water pumps. Your 130 should unless someone took it out and replaced it with a water neck.

Dang it!! I was thinking it would look like the pump on an H or an M… you are indeed correct… there is a little water pump in the bottom corner!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1