was going to buy some plywood today till

pt756

Needed 700 and some odd sheets of 1/2” CDX for a large dirt job to protect the edges of a liner below the ground. Lowe’s quoted me $53.50 for what was 58.45 on the shelf. They only had two units in stock. They called and got me a price direct for $23 a sheet. It’s supposed to be delivered next week. Bid the job 18 months ago and had it figured in at $15 a sheet…

On 8/4/2021 at 11:42 PM, AKwelder said:

Anyone know what 5/8 OSB is going for?  Here it’s still high and I wanted to get an overhang built off the shop this fall.

Local supplier just quoted me 65.80 for about 125 sheets

9 hours ago, DC Snider said:

Local supplier just quoted me 65.80 for about 125 sheets

Thank you

I just picked up 300 linear feet of 1X8 T&G pine for $1.10 linear foot. Had to drive 80 miles away to get it but locally was almost $2./ft. Tourist traffic heading north was stopped on the interstate but I was already going south.

On 8/2/2021 at 6:44 PM, pt756 said:

needed 4 sheets of 1/2 inch cdx plywood, or at least i thought i did, till she told me the price only 81 dollars a sheet,

Dayum, thats pricy! At the prices charged for lumber anymore it's probably cheaper to build stuff out of steel. If you can get it as well. I've had to buy some steel beams before I could really afford them and needed them, cause the dist. said when you need em they may not be available. He was right, I can't get em right now. 2 months wait. Beauty of steel is that if you screw it up you can weld it together and start over. Wood not so much. Once you cut it, it be cut, ain't no amount of growin gonna help.