Jump to content

was going to buy some plywood today till


pt756
 Share

Recommended Posts

Local guy just bought an ole run down place. Setting out by shed has been a tractor trailer for as long as I can remember, they opened trailer to find it full of 3/4 plywood. Easily been setting 35+ years. Haven't heard if its any good, but if it is he may have just got a free place. 

Trailer is still hooked up to an IH COE, looks like they just pulled in and shut it off. Set of batteries and fresh fuel it would probably fire up. Claim its Detroit powered 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, KY2674 said:

An electrician did tell me last week wiring was starting to come down in price?

Might be short lived. Workers in the world's biggest copper mine in Chile just voted to strike, so if they don't come to agreement it will pull 5% of the copper supply off the market. Demand is so high that will drive prices back up.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CIHTECH said:

Local guy just bought an ole run down place. Setting out by shed has been a tractor trailer for as long as I can remember, they opened trailer to find it full of 3/4 plywood. Easily been setting 35+ years. Haven't heard if its any good, but if it is he may have just got a free place. 

Trailer is still hooked up to an IH COE, looks like they just pulled in and shut it off. Set of batteries and fresh fuel it would probably fire up. Claim its Detroit powered 

Better than finding a 50 in an an old jacket pocket! Unless it's been leaking that stuff is likely good!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so everybody is happy, wages are up , problem is the wage earner turns right around and shells out more for the product he helped produce , i cant believe that these price increases are going away anytime soon, around here factories have increased wages, sign on, retention bonuses and so on, windows, doors, and meat products and dairy, we all have to pay for the increase in costs, properties have just about doubled in price, what was bought for 70 or 80 k a few years ago are being advertized for 180k and up.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, pt756 said:

so everybody is happy, wages are up , problem is the wage earner turns right around and shells out more for the product he helped produce , i cant believe that these price increases are going away anytime soon, around here factories have increased wages, sign on, retention bonuses and so on, windows, doors, and meat products and dairy, we all have to pay for the increase in costs, properties have just about doubled in price, what was bought for 70 or 80 k a few years ago are being advertized for 180k and up.

You're spot on! Inflation is creeping in. At least the red states, maybe all by now, have stopped paying people to stay home but I still see help wanted signs everywhere.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting comments. I agree no way are things retracting back to where they were before.  

I needed 5 sheets of 1/2 inch osb and paid over $50 a sheet just 3 weeks ago.  

Still handout time here.  I personally know several people still sitting at home not looking for work.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pt756 said:

so everybody is happy, wages are up , problem is the wage earner turns right around and shells out more for the product he helped produce , i cant believe that these price increases are going away anytime soon, around here factories have increased wages, sign on, retention bonuses and so on, windows, doors, and meat products and dairy, we all have to pay for the increase in costs, properties have just about doubled in price, what was bought for 70 or 80 k a few years ago are being advertized for 180k and up.

 

990B6A73-7E1B-46CF-8CFF-0AF0766D5568.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve picked up a few snippets here and there about the lumber situation.  So far as I can tell, a lot of the consumer price increase has been driven by logistics.  Seems to be plenty of wholesale goods, just can’t get it from point A to point B in sufficient quantities.  I believe that as my nephew is in the trucking biz and he had someone offer him whatever he wanted to haul steel rebar from TX to this part of the world.  They just couldn’t find anybody to haul it up here.  The crazy thing is people aren’t backing off of construction with these exorbitant prices.  Asked the lumber yard guy that brought some stuff out and he said lumber sales are not down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Futures were flat the past week ish according to market folks we should seem stable to slightly lower prices in 2 to 3 mos but nothing significant and of course with C ramping bk up and some folks getting nervous who knows......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 8:44 PM, pt756 said:

needed 4 sheets of 1/2 inch cdx plywood, or at least i thought i did, till she told me the price only 81 dollars a sheet,

I would have fainted. Last time I bought 1/2" CDX it was $23 a sheet.

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, KY2674 said:

An electrician did tell me last week wiring was starting to come down in price?

Haven’t seen it yet here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Working on putting a new transom in my 18ft Crestliner. Two sheets 3/4” marine grade plywood $149.49 cdn each. 1/4” puckboard to make up last bit of the required thickness $92.90. 

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Osb 7/16 was a high of 82 a sheet it was 30.25 today it's dropping very rapidly hopefully its going to hit pre covid prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Osb 7/16 was a high of 82 a sheet it was 30.25 today it's dropping very rapidly hopefully its going to hit pre covid prices.

i hope you are right!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Menard's 3/4 CDX was 48.00 +/- the last time I checked. That's down from 80.00+/-.

I've got a stack of 3/4 Cabinet grade Birch that I bought several months ago for $42. Got some winter projects lined up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know what 5/8 OSB is going for?  Here it’s still high and I wanted to get an overhang built off the shop this fall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...