Jump to content

throttle lever extension


kal
 Share

Recommended Posts

Might be ok for a show tractor but in reality those extention levers are a joke

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Each to his own. You certainly have a right to your opinion as we have the right to enjoy our modified throttle levers!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To each his own I agree, but after running them with the dead mans style throttle I will never farm with one without it. To me they are way easier to run. Can just simply move the throttle while still steering. No need to reach.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK guys, gals and others, here goes. I made this on my resin printer. Buffed out it's a translucent red. I can get other colors. Not trying to sell anything yet. Just showing what can be done. Keep in mind that I have large hands. X or XX large glove type hand. It measures 4 3/8 tall x 1 inch wide x 1 3/4 front to rear. Has a 9/16 hole that would take an insert to make it smaller if needed.

IMG_2101.thumb.JPG.423ef83e496f25a3bbabe75f2bf2a22b.JPG

OK, having trouble uploading files right now but you should get the basic idea. So yea, you can print these. Kinda cool IMO. I will finish buffing it out and post more photos. There are other styles out there too.

 

Rick

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought the factory one was perfect, lay your wrist on the wheel and run the throttle................I would think that contraption would turn it into a 560 where the steering wheel would crash your fingers?????  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, maybe I should go take the sparkly red ball shifter lever off that old truck tranny sitting out in the junk pile.   I thought that was so 80's nobody would possibly want it, but now I'm thinking its retro that I need to sell on Ebay??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the only throttle lever I approve of.  I actually prefer the old original hard black Snappy handle, but this one was bought about the time they went to this style. 

283207500_IMG_14411.JPG.9655cd0823580b05cb7bf92bb053f6d7.JPG

 

Travis

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually don’t think it would ever be possible for me to learn to run anything different than the regular handle knob. After having them like that for so long, unless I went in and changed every tractor and practiced doing throttle repetitions in the garage, I just don’t know if I could get the hang of it. I put a 1066 deluxe cab style pto levers onto our 806 and 856 a few years ago and at least once a day I see myself or my father still reach back to the right as it’s the old lever was there, because that’s just where it’s suppose to be. Once a day. Maybe twice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, oldtanker said:

OK guys, gals and others, here goes. I made this on my resin printer. Buffed out it's a translucent red. I can get other colors. Not trying to sell anything yet. Just showing what can be done. Keep in mind that I have large hands. X or XX large glove type hand. It measures 4 3/8 tall x 1 inch wide x 1 3/4 front to rear. Has a 9/16 hole that would take an insert to make it smaller if needed.

IMG_2101.thumb.JPG.423ef83e496f25a3bbabe75f2bf2a22b.JPG

OK, having trouble uploading files right now but you should get the basic idea. So yea, you can print these. Kinda cool IMO. I will finish buffing it out and post more photos. There are other styles out there too.

 

Rick

I think that is a cool idea Rick. Looks pretty similar to the older ones. 👍🏼👍🏼

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

I am not independently wealthy enough to waste snap on tool money on tractor throttles..............:(

Lol...less than $10. Lets see how much the pistol grip handles cost.

Travis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Lol...less than $10. Lets see how much the pistol grip handles cost.

Travis

Heck I only have about 2 bucks worth of material in that one at todays prices. So they wouldn't be expensive at all. Like I say I'm not looking to sell. Someone ask a question and I provided an answer. If it had been expensive I wouldn't have done it.

 

Rick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Heck I only have about 2 bucks worth of material in that one at todays prices. So they wouldn't be expensive at all. Like I say I'm not looking to sell. Someone ask a question and I provided an answer. If it had been expensive I wouldn't have done it.

 

Rick

I would like to use them as shift levers on my 1486.

Rubber oem knobs have broke from someone's fat arse hitting them getting in and out.

I would order two of them from you OT.

Let me know if you're willing  because I am interested

I think they look great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Heck I only have about 2 bucks worth of material in that one at todays prices. So they wouldn't be expensive at all. Like I say I'm not looking to sell. Someone ask a question and I provided an answer. If it had been expensive I wouldn't have done it.

 

Rick

That's fine. I doubt there's that much $$ in material in the Snappy handle, too. 

Travis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

That's fine. I doubt there's that much $$ in material in the Snappy handle, too. 

Travis

Yea but the Snappy handle? Is it still available? If so where and current price? SIL hates Snap On. I'd love to get one just to mess with him! And I'd bet you are right about the cost of materials. That doesn't mean that the end price will be cheap.

 

Rick 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2021 at 2:22 PM, IHC Mark said:

Each to his own. You certainly have a right to your opinion as we have the right to enjoy our modified throttle levers!

Reminds me of my 8 ball shifter knob on my old 82 chevy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...