3408 or 4408 corn head

Upgraded the 2388 to a 7088 and need a corn head. Just wondering what you guys know/think about either of these. My cousin has a 4408 that has maybe a couple thousand acres on it that I could deal with him on. His comparison was like a 1066 to an 8950, lol. Had a 2208 and got by ok with it, but time to get something better, thanks

By all means go with the 4000 series . Have had the 1083, 2208, 3208 and the 4208. 4000 series is very similar to the gerrinhoff. Almost 0 kernel loss, less trash intake, 7 years and no repairs, will change knives  for this fall. Ran it on a 7088 and now a 7240

On 8/1/2021 at 1:43 PM, IHC5488 said:

What's wrong with the 2208?

We got by ok, but 2208 seemed bad on butt shelling and had a few stalk roll bolts break or spin out. Also broke a couple stalk roll shafts. Otherwise it worked fine, but it is time to upgrade.

Got the 4408 locked down. Was my cousin's, she added and bought new in 15. One year had green snap bad and another had hail and last year he hired harvest done. Only had maybe 2k acres on it. Should keep the mrs happy if we dont break down, shes the combine operator

Best of luck with the new head! I’ve never had a harvest without at least some sort of breakdown. I always just pray for minor ones ;)  

• Thanks 1