More cowbell

dang trailer brakes! I knew I forgot to hook something up......

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, busted knuckles said:

Looked up the d-31A only 11800 glad no one was hurt.

I was gonna say, doesnt look like a gross weight problem.  More likely a weight distribution or brakes problem.  

Chain and binder on the back of the crawler are loose yet but the trailer ramps are up.  My guess is they didn’t have enough quite enough weight on the truck and it started sliding.  Reminds me of when I loaded my MX170 on a trailer in CT.  I had blocks in front of all the trailer wheels so the trailer wouldn’t push the pickup away.

If they were going slow the electric brake controller may not have sensed the deceleration not putting the trailer brakes on.

So the operator would have had to act fast and slide the leaver to apply manually 

Surge brakes would have worked better in this case but I think they can only be had on bumper pull trailer 

cat looks loaded well distribution wise, im guessing speed was the factor and slippery grass and trying to turn, possibly grade we cant see, had this nearly happen to me, hauling skidsteer, coming off blacktop, make right turn onto gravel, wet, brakes slid on wet pavement, going to fast to make turn, truck started to jackknife cause weight was pushing truck, i just let off brakes and straightened the corner and went thru ditch out in field/pasture to avoid jackknife. Not a fun ride, only broke spring shackle on trailer. 

turns are made now by slowing 2 miles ahead of time 😉

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

Bad day, hope no one was injured

X2. 

2 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

227295091_4255199794564258_7527067062054380910_n.jpg

well heck, thats not good, and not easily fixed either, sure hope everyones ok, will insurance cover something like that ? i bent my flatbed BP with big log dropping on it - we were able to straighten it a little and its not horribly bad - never be perfect tho - I bet  @bitty or @Finney could fix it up in a jiffy

2 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

He's only asking what you could buy a non injured one for

how long, new/used, looks like a 24K tandem for starters or there abouts, 102" wide? 

ive been looking  a lot recently and im going to have to push my plans back a while due to prices right now

14 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

well heck, thats not good, and not easily fixed either, sure hope everyones ok, will insurance cover something like that ? i bent my flatbed BP with big log dropping on it - we were able to straighten it a little and its not horribly bad - never be perfect tho - I bet  @bitty or @Finney could fix it up in a jiffy

I say that be easier to put a twisted sister sticker on than untwist

• Haha 2

Untwisting a trailer is extremely hard. Remove flooring, cut all cross pieces loose, cut all the cross members on the neck loose including one side of the hitch post. Level up the frame, put a torque tube in it  and start reassembling. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Finney said:

Untwisting a trailer is extremely hard. Remove flooring, cut all cross pieces loose, cut all the cross members on the neck loose including one side of the hitch post. Level up the frame, put a torque tube in it  and start reassembling. 

that sounds like a lot of work @Finney but cheaper than a new trailer i would venture to guess. Probably close to a wash on a used trailer tho. IT appears to be a 20+5 or close to it. 

this appears to be a nice close match for replacement https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2640825529544430/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A9c4f078c-ea8d-41be-bb34-6c19b7cd9c5c

1 hour ago, busted knuckles said:

I'm getting confused, is that your rig nomoredeere or someone else's? Most people here probable don't know where the "need more cowbell" came from.

i bet there a plenty like me that know, i use that phrase all the time on the younger kids jsut to torment them and they ask what the heck does that mean I say GOOGLE IT