1066 turbo (puller)

I have a 1066 that I’m going to install a 13mm pump with 4-27 injectors.  Was curious what turbo I should put on.  S2e, 3lm, s300? Any ideas .  Also what else should I be doing to the tractor?  Going to be pulling mostly mph class and some open classes. Thanks guy appreciate any info 

8 hours ago, Nebraska1206 said:

The S300SX is a very durable turbo, the 60mm intake version would be a good one to start with.

This would be a good one. The 3lm won’t move enough air there kinda a junk turbo  the S2e will work for awhile but it will not take it forever either

I’m running a S2E on a 466 and you won’t have any trouble . You might want to get 5hole .020 tips , .093 lines and make sure you don’t lock the advance for a 3000 rpm class . With the advance locked for that rpm it has no lug , with advance it corrects 14 degrees and that is a big deal , set your timing at 25 degrees . Call Atlas Tractor up in the twin cities for a double disk steel flywheel /clutch setup . The stock clutch will not work with that power , we don’t want anyone getting hurt .

send me a pm if you want , we do a lot of this stuff for our own tractors and customers 

Danny 

15F43A77-5DA1-43E8-A73B-74D94E9AD669.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

I’m running a S2E on a 466 and you won’t have any trouble . You might want to get 5hole .020 tips , .093 lines and make sure you don’t lock the advance for a 3000 rpm class . With the advance locked for that rpm it has no lug , with advance it corrects 14 degrees and that is a big deal , set your timing at 25 degrees . Call Atlas Tractor up in the twin cities for a double disk steel flywheel /clutch setup . The stock clutch will not work with that power , we don’t want anyone getting hurt .

send me a pm if you want , we do a lot of this stuff for our own tractors and customers 

Danny 

I run a stock 12 pad clutch with .93 lines 5-20 injectors and pump set for 600cc clutch holds fine lightest it goes is 18700

I run Mobil delvac 15-40 in my LLSS. Over 200 runs and bearings look like new.  As far as stock clutch holding the hp I will not argue that point.  But if you are turn over stock rpms on a old  stock fly wheel then is possible accident waiting to happen.    How may heat cycles has the flywheel been thru, has it been resurfaced?  We are just one bad accident from not being able to pull.  Just my $0.02 

1 hour ago, twood1954 said:

I run Mobil delvac 15-40 in my LLSS. Over 200 runs and bearings look like new.  As far as stock clutch holding the hp I will not argue that point.  But if you are turn over stock rpms on a old  stock fly wheel then is possible accident waiting to happen.    How may heat cycles has the flywheel been thru, has it been resurfaced?  We are just one bad accident from not being able to pull.  Just my $0.02 

Cast flywheels don’t need extra rpm

12 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Danny 

This photo is just cool!  That 1086 just looks bad a**!  Thanks for sharing,  Danny.

• Like 1