South Africa violence

acem

Do we still have any members from South Africa that might shed some light on what's happening down there?

I realize this is political but not for most of us. I'm just hoping for information from the inside.

Thx-Ace 

EXPLAINER: What caused South Africa’s week of rioting?

By ANDREW MELDRUMJuly 19, 2021

Try googling this, I’m not very good at this.

I've read that.

I'm looking for an insiders perspective. It seems like i have read posts here from South African members.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acem said:

Do we still have any members from South Africa that might shed some light on what's happening down there?

I realize this is political but not for most of us. I'm just hoping for information from the inside.

Thx-Ace 

What happened with South Africa started 10(?) years ago.

Take something from a group of people to give to a different group of people by reasoning of “fairness” is anything but fair. 
The same thing is happening here, right before your very eyes! 
But, let’s ignore the outcome of these actions in other countries because we’re woke and it’s going to be different here. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

My brother in law had some (white) guys from SA work for him a few years back. Squatters killed their parents and took over their farm. And of coarse the squatters did nothing with the farm. Don't ask them what they thought of the people who are the majority over there.

Many BTOs around here depend on a lot of South African labor. Many of these guys have worked for the same farmer for several years...they have to go back in the winter and come back every spring.

In the last couple years, many of them tell the same story when they see what's going on over here. Something to the effect of, "Your country is going through the same stuff now that we went through 10-15 years ago...and it didn't end well in our country." And most of them are just trying to give our country what I would call a "friendly warning". Most of these guys don't even really want to go back to their own country anymore...there's nothing to go back to.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

My brother in law had some (white) guys from SA work for him a few years back. Squatters killed their parents and took over their farm. And of coarse the squatters did nothing with the farm. Don't ask them what they thought of the people who are the majority over there.

I have a friend from SA. I know exactly how they feel about those “people “?

Read the history of Zimbabwe and change the dates. Same damn thing. Ignorant, short sighted, not least of all VERY immoral.

It will all play out in the end, only some will lose everything in the meantime.

It's awful.

• Thanks 1

Ultimately we don't own the land but are stewards of it for a while. Our ancestors took it from someone. Someone will take it away.

But people are brutal and stupid.

Thx-Ace 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

Reading the tea leaves.  Also did you catch his take on racism and China - he worked there for years

I have been avoiding the puppet show wherever and whenever possible. What’s he doing with China now?

1 hour ago, Ian Beale said:

"He" is the S African commentator on the video - you can watch it!

I watched 10 minutes plus minus. 
I thought you were talking about the bribe master and his son selling state secrets…

my mistake 

Ok folks, sorry for only pitching up now...

I'm located in the Western Cape in South Africa.  We were spared the rioting an looting down here.

My take on the issues that we are facing in this country is that the economy has gone down the tubes due to corruption and looting of state coffers by the very people who were entrusted (voted for) by the folks to manage the country for all its people.  Mandela once said:  South Africa belongs to all the people who live in it.

The riots and looting has been coming for a very long time due to the economical situation, and it was just excerbated by the Covid lockdown rules.

Jacbob Zuma was arrested because he was placed in contempt of court  by the Commission of Enquiry into State Capture which HE appointed in his last few months as president.  The commissioner is a Deputy Judge of the Constitutional Court of South Africa, the highest court in the land. 

That was held as an excuse by some of his adherents as a Zulu, one of the largest tribes in the country.  The riots were called on to 'Free Zuma' and the subsequent looting was a logical follow-on.  To say that our state security departments were caught with their pants down, is being very diplomatic.  The state security departments were all seeded with Zuma's cronies since his early days as a freedom fighter, and subsequently the security threat information that should have been fed to Cabinet and the President has been either with held, or deliberately twisted to not reflect the true 'situation on the ground'.

The damage to shops, businesses, schools, shopping malls and transport infrastructure is huge, and will take lots of money, time and patience to rebuild. 

The very next day after the worst looting in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, a black woman was interviewed on TV, with the still-smouldering ruins of a shopping mall/warehouse in the background:
"Now before they came and burned the shop and the businesses, I had a job.  Tomorrow I will not be able to work again.  Where will I get money to buy food for my children?  These people don't think about the future," and then she burst out crying. 

Just 2 days later we saw people queuing up for bread and food outside some of the few shops still left with a mentality of: 'So yesterday we burned the shop, but today it must sell us bread again'

Calm has returned, but the scars of July 2021 will be felt in South Africa for a very long time. 

If South Africa could rid herself of apartheid, it can build itself up again.  Only this time around there are no white man to blame for the rioting an looting.

• Thanks 6

It's horrible what has/is happening ...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

What happened with South Africa started 10(?) years ago.

Take something from a group of people to give to a different group of people by reasoning of “fairness” is anything but fair. 
The same thing is happening here, right before your very eyes! 
But, let’s ignore the outcome of these actions in other countries because we’re woke and it’s going to be different here. 

The worst off all the ideology what's destroyed south Africa spreads like wildfire in the west, so is the EU always threating Eastern European country's with sanctions because they don't want to take migrants and opposing the woke agenda. 

The west is under attack from the inside, politicians destroying the economy and are stealing from the people they claim to represent.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the input from in country. I always like to hear the 'local' perspective. Local being in country for most of us.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 2