TD-5

attaboy

in working on my TD-5 after some difficulty i can get it to run, but it will not run very long then dies, less than a minuite. injectors have just been done. i looked into the govenor part under the top cover it seems all ok. i have a manual for the injection pump but it does not show or dipict in which direction is fuel shut-off and also which direction for full throttle. there is definately fuel getting to the pump. i cant figure it out i had it previously running for 20 minuites?

5 minutes ago, attaboy said:

in working on my TD-5 after some difficulty i can get it to run, but it will not run very long then dies, less than a minuite. injectors have just been done. i looked into the govenor part under the top cover it seems all ok. i have a manual for the injection pump but it does not show or dipict in which direction is fuel shut-off and also which direction for full throttle. there is definately fuel getting to the pump. i cant figure it out i had it previously running for 20 minuites?

Try taking the return elbow off the top of the pump. If it runs ok there is a restriction somewhere between the pump and the tank. You can kill the motor by holding your finger on the hole. When the pressure equalizes on both sides of the plungers, the engine dies. When you have a movable obstruction, there is no set time limit on how long the engine will run. When it builds up pressure, it quits.  

ok thanks for that i finally got it to run. i swapped the two lines on the filter. i was able to run it long enough to determine the hydraulics work it moves forward and reverse the reverser sems to work i have not tried the clutchs as of yet, but will do so now i know it is worth my time to get the problems fixed ,the compression is i believe too low.