Magnum refurbish

3 hours ago, François02 said:

you don't use a GPS guidance (trimble autopilot)?

my dealer says we can't use an AFS700 just to control a GPS (instead of a FM750 or another model)

I was wondering about that, it seems strange that you can't, when this screen has way more capabilities than an fm750.

in my case I have an AFS700 on the axial flow 7230 (with GPS by an antenna 372 and hydraulic control)

I asked my dealer if it was possible to use that equipment on the magnum 7210 (the tractor is used to seed; obviously it is not in the same season than harvest!)

He says it is not possible, but I think he doesn't want to search, and would prefer sold an other equipment...

29 minutes ago, WisIHCFarmer said:

I was wondering about that, it seems strange that you can't, when this screen has way more capabilities than an fm750.

I am using trimble autosteer that runs through a nav900 receiver to a pro700 monitor. My dealer sold me this setup so I could run my planter and autosteer on an MX210 with just one screen, the tractor is too old to be autosteer ready from the factory. They did have to change the steering wheel as this is electric steering not hydraulic.

4 hours ago, bkorth said:

I am using trimble autosteer that runs through a nav900 receiver to a pro700 monitor. My dealer sold me this setup so I could run my planter and autosteer on an MX210 with just one screen, the tractor is too old to be autosteer ready from the factory. They did have to change the steering wheel as this is electric steering not hydraulic.

About how much did you get into this setup, if you don't mind sharing? I would only run the cheaper stuff for now, don't need rtk. I was actually thinking of building my own setup, and running it with a tablet, but the next year is full, don't know if I'll have time.

Just now, WisIHCFarmer said:

About how much did you get into this setup, if you don't mind sharing? I would only run the cheaper stuff for now, don't need rtk. I was actually thinking of building my own setup, and running it with a tablet, but the next year is full, don't know if I'll have time.

I actually kinda already have the neighbors 7140 lined up for next winter... we'll see how that works.

3 minutes ago, WisIHCFarmer said:

I actually kinda already have the neighbors 7140 lined up for next winter... we'll see how that works 

To repaint 

1 hour ago, WisIHCFarmer said:

It sure wasn't cheap, around 12k for the pro700, receiver, wiring harness, steering wheel with the electric motor in it,and labor to install. It does work good though and is less clutter in the cab, I did have problems with the nav/receiver, it lost its mind on the second day of planting and had to be replaced but CNH took care of it.